2025 U.S. Nationals in Wichita, KS & Skate America returns to Allen, TX in 2024

ice coverage

Of note (IMO) from today's e-mail with my individual code for the presale:
(1) I think the non-junior option also excludes the Skating Spectacular?
Direct quote:​
"There are two all-session ticket packages available:​
All-session ticket that includes access to all 17 sessions​
All-session ticket excluding the nine junior level events and the Skating Spectacular."​
(2) "Hotels​
Those who purchase all-session tickets will also have exclusive access to U.S. Figure Skating's hotel block. Information will be sent out next week to those who purchase these tickets."​

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
It wanted $181 in fees for one P3 ticket. And I do not get the coupon code pop-up. If I had coupon code it would be a $183.75 ticket, $181 in fees and $6. Must be a discount on fees if you buy more seats. But the fees and no place to enter the 25% coupon code has me deciding no to Wichita.

waltzonice

It wanted $181 in fees for one P3 ticket. And I do not get the coupon code pop-up. If I had coupon code it would be a $183.75 ticket, $181 in fees and $6. Must be a discount on fees if you buy more seats. But the fees and no place to enter the 25% coupon code has me deciding no to Wichita.
I didn't get the coupon code popup either, but it looks like the price shown was already the discounted price as outlined in the email. And bummer that it's a fixed transaction fee regardless of the number of tickets. Seems like a rip-off if you're only buying one ticket.

FridaCat

Utah, USA
Well, I bought a $405 ticket and the convenience fee is $181. 181/405=44.6%! 😳
Since the fees seem to be fixed per transaction, if you buy a cheaper ticket (and a fewer number of tickets), you feel more impact.
Hi Yuki! I bought four $405 tickets, and my total convenience fee was $199 + $6 = $205. So for me, each ticket package was $405 + $51.25 = $456.25 each.

Spikefan

I didn't get the coupon code popup either, but it looks like the price shown was already the discounted price as outlined in the email. And bummer that it's a fixed transaction fee regardless of the number of tickets. Seems like a rip-off if you're only buying one ticket.
Yeah, it shows discounted price now but I’m not paying a ticket fee of 98%. It is still a great price but on principle alone I won’t do it.

If I were buying 3-4 more seats in my row the convenience fee wouldn’t be too bad.

Richard

I live in St. Louis and we have quick nonstop flight via Southwest to Wichita, so I decided to make a Friday to Monday trip out of it.

I’m already going to Boston and spent a small fortune on those tickets. I was going to do the weekend package, but then the twenty-five percent discount changed my mind even with me missing the Thursday events.

Since I spent so much on Boston, I decided to go for the $183 package. Plus an aisle seat on the eighth row isn’t bad at all for that price.

When I checked out there was a convenience fee of $181 + $6 added basically doubling my price. I’m still going, but man those are some steep fees. I hope it doesn’t discourage fans from attending. It’s already hard enough to sell tickets to this event with Worlds being in Boston.

In the end, I love Nationals and it’s hard to pass up with it being so close. I’ll most likely head down to Texas as well for Skate America.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I live in St. Louis and we have quick nonstop flight via Southwest to Wichita, so I decided to make a Friday to Monday trip out of it.

I’m already going to Boston and spent a small fortune on those tickets. I was going to do the weekend package, but then the twenty-five percent discount changed my mind even with me missing the Thursday events.

Since I spent so much on Boston, I decided to go for the $183 package. Plus an aisle seat on the eighth row isn’t bad at all for that price.

When I checked out there was a convenience fee of $181 + $6 added basically doubling my price. I’m still going, but man those are some steep fees. I hope it doesn’t discourage fans from attending. It’s already hard enough to sell tickets to this event with Worlds being in Boston.

In the end, I love Nationals and it’s hard to pass up with it being so close. I’ll most likely head down to Texas as well for Skate America.

That is truly insane that the fee costs as much as the ticket.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
The fees are outrageous. I bought $490 tickets. The fees were $181 + $6. Ticket total was $677. I called US Figure skating. They knew that fees would be higher but I could tell they had no clue how much. They are going to take A bath on this one.
What is their number 1-80C-LUE-LESS?

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I just got a response:

Hi Jarrett,

Apologize for the inconvenience. The arena is looking into the issue, and we should be providing an update later today. The convenience fees are higher than typical, but we have been notified of some 50%+ fees and the arena is investigating. We will send out more information when fixed.

Sfiers

what email address did you use to contact the arena? Sounds like the service USFS is using is scamming us

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
what email address did you use to contact the arena? Sounds like the service USFS is using is scamming us
I didn't contact the arena I just responded to the email that sent the code for the pre-sale and said their fees were ridiculous no thanks not expecting a response and that is what was sent to me. lol

Spikefan

There is no breakdown for the convenience fee but I would guess it is per event. So at 7 (?) events (senior sessions and skating spectacular) that is $25.85. If we are purchasing all-event there should not be a convenience fee per event. But that is just too logical.

And if it is per event, a $15 junior session ticket would end up being $40.85!

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I just got a response:

Hi Jarrett,

Apologize for the inconvenience. The arena is looking into the issue, and we should be providing an update later today. The convenience fees are higher than typical, but we have been notified of some 50%+ fees and the arena is investigating. We will send out more information when fixed.

I was about to email USFS so thanks for getting some information! They’d better have a way of getting refunds to those of us who have already paid.

Poptarts

Welp I’m silliness and just realized I looked at my receipt wrong and that my fee wasn’t 800 it was only 181 lmao. Still too high though!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
There is no breakdown for the convenience fee but I would guess it is per event. So at 7 (?) events (senior sessions and skating spectacular) that is $25.85. If we are purchasing all-event there should not be a convenience fee per event. But that is just too logical.

And if it is per event, a $15 junior session ticket would end up being $40.85!

If there's no printed tickets and the purchase is being made online - other than website design/hosting/maintenance and whatever staff time is needed to address problems, the "convenience fee" is a scam. IMO this is just as bad as what Ticketmaster gets away with.

Last edited:

ice coverage

I just got a response:

Hi Jarrett,

I didn't contact the arena I just responded to the email that sent the code for the pre-sale and said their fees were ridiculous no thanks not expecting a response and that is what was sent to me. lol

Thank you for letting us know, Jarrett.
Earlier this afternoon, I wrote to Robert at his e-mail address about the "Convenience Fee," and I received an apologetic reply from him of a similar nature -- saying that he would be following up with the arena.
I do believe that Robert sincerely wants to troubleshoot.
This morning before today's presale started, I had e-mailed him to ask a question unrelated to fees, and he replied quickly with helpful information and a helpful tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information