Qatar World Cup 2022

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Sorry @beepbeep Argentina just scored! :lol:
We can’t have one day of peace in this country, I tell you.
I feel like I should root for Argentina and Messi but it just feels…wrong.

Sorry @beepbeep . I was rooting for you guys.
Looking on the bright side, Bolsonaro will not get the satisfaction of a World Cup win.
I’ll gladly take it.

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
The Netherlands is looking dangerous :eek:

ETA: this is really ugly. Sooo many yellow cards

Last edited:

Cachoo

Sad and tragic news about American sports journalist Grant Wahl. Wahl apparently collapsed while covering the Netherlands/Argentina quarterfinal.

Statement from U.S. Soccer
His family is dubious about the nature of his death: https://amp.tmz.com/2022/12/09/worl...nt-wahl-dead-48-after-detainment-lgbtq-shirt/
He did say he felt badly on a podcast
https://twitter.com/jacksettleman/status/1601400617377083393
I've read his work for years. This is very sad news.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Lots of tributes pouring in from the world of sports for Grant Wahl. Apparently he wrote the first cover story on SI about LeBron James. He covered basketball as well as soccer.

Can't believe FIFA doesn't require ambulances on site for any medical emergencies. This poor man was taken to hospital by an Uber.

Cachoo

Lots of tributes pouring in from the world of sports for Grant Wahl. Apparently he wrote the first cover story on SI about LeBron James. He covered basketball as well as soccer.

Can't believe FIFA doesn't require ambulances on site for any medical emergencies. This poor man was taken to hospital by an Uber.
I can’t help believe that if this had been in the UK or the US Grant might be alive. Maybe his autopsy will contradict that. The tributes are touching. He did the Sports Illustrated cover story when Kansas won the national championship in 2008. He was Ivy League but as a native Kansan he understood what this meant to us.

alexikeguchi

I can’t help believe that if this had been in the UK or the US Grant might be alive. Maybe his autopsy will contradict that.
Given the preceding symptoms of viral respiratory illness, I am speculating that he might have developed myocarditis rather than a straightforward arrhythmia the way Christian Eriksen had. If so, the time to save him would have been a couple days earlier with a life flight to somewhere that has advanced cardiac support such as balloon pump/left ventricular assist device as a bridge to transplant. I'm assuming that his wife who is a very well-trained physician was not in Qatar with him, and it will be very difficult to contemplate what might have been.

Cachoo

Given the preceding symptoms of viral respiratory illness, I am speculating that he might have developed myocarditis rather than a straightforward arrhythmia the way Christian Eriksen had. If so, the time to save him would have been a couple days earlier with a life flight to somewhere that has advanced cardiac support such as balloon pump/left ventricular assist device as a bridge to transplant. I'm assuming that his wife who is a very well-trained physician was not in Qatar with him, and it will be very difficult to contemplate what might have been.
Just truly hate FIFA right now…

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It was for nothing, I think it was his second yellow that's why it was a red. Fortunately it didn't matter Morocco held on. Ronaldo's taking it very hard, as one would expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information