What will Dance field look like in 2018-19?

clairecloutier

I like Zagorski/Guerreiro. At their best, they have a certain excitement/personal charisma. I thought they showed that in their FD at Euros today. The Muse music is overdone, but they brought a freshness and emotional energy, IMO anyhow. They are striking, with their height, and Tiff has some star quality. But I agree there is something that needs work in their posture and lines. Their carriage is a little different than some of the other teams, it’s like the upper body is more emphasized or something? Ben Agosto said something, earlier in the season, about them needing to have more extension through their legs. But I look forward to seeing how they develop over the offseason. I do think it’s good for them to be Kustarova's main students, they seem more confident since going to her. I’m hoping for better programs next season. I feel like Z/G haven’t yet had a really great program to work with.

Last edited:

firstflight

My pressing question for next season is how much higher Guignard/Fabbri score next season as Italy’s number 1 (if the expected C/L retirement happens and G/F stay on).
I think their GOE’s and PCS are being held down in comparison to several teams ahead of them as Italy’s no 2... well and they’ve never had as good a program. I could watch their Euro FD every day.

Anyasnake

I really really don't think Guignard/Fabbri are staying. They are 28/29 (almost 29/30). One year perhaps and even I doubt that...

caseyedwards

What do people think Zagorski/Guerreiro will do? They finished higher at Europeans than I thought they would. Anyone see them becoming podium contenders at Worlds, later in the quad? (They probably won't surpass S/B in Russia, but S/B might become gold medal contenders)
Worlds medal contenders train in North America. Montreal, Novi, Canton. No one on podium will train in Moscow!

Anyasnake

Who knows nowadays though for what is too old :) You have Federer tearing it up at 36 and Tom Brady playing in American football Super Bowl at 40.
I'd like to think that ice dance is on par with pairs and we can see people doing 3 or 4 Olympic Games, being 34 and still competiting :cheer2: It's becoming rare if, let's say, you win OGM (or even OSM, OBM), because you might think you have done it. But really For G/F if they feel like they can go for another 4 years I'll take it, I would like them to grow artistically I guess ;)

lauravvv

But really For G/F if they feel like they can go for another 4 years I'll take it, I would like them to grow artistically I guess ;)
But it's unlikely if they stay with Fusar-Poli. Unfortunately, I am quite certain that her program choices for them will continue to be just as "war-horsey" and standard as they have been. Apparently it's just her idea of what can be successful.

volturemean

Banned Member
I think it is probably the final season for many top 10 teams. Virtue & Moir, Bobrova & Soloviev, Cappellini & Lanotte, Chock & Bates, maybe the Shibutanis. I see Weaver & Poje, Papapdakis & Cizeron, Hubbell & Donohue continuing for sure. Gilles & Poirier might pack it in if they have a very poor showing at the Olympics and Worlds.

volturemean

Banned Member
I see GF are a discussed topic. I know they want to keep going till 2022, that's the intention

That may be what they want now but if they continue getting increasingly mediocre scores and results internationally I could see that changing fast. And if they come back next year and are passed by a team like Soucisse & Firus which I think could easily happen, that is very likely to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information