The Good News Thread

Japanfan

One man volunteered to pay the full SPCA vet bill for the care of a rescued dog who was starving to death. Poor doggy was so hungry he was eating stones, and had stones in his belly.

The bill already exceeds $4000.00. The man does not intend to adopt the dog and wants nothing in return other than to inspire people to do good.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1291054

Last edited:

twinsissv

One man volunteered to pay the full SPCA vet bill for the care of a rescued dog who was starving to death. Poor doggy was so hungry he was eating stones, and had stones in his belly.

The bill already exceeds $4000.00. The man does not intend to adopt the dog and wants nothing in return other than to inspire people to do good.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1291054
What a wonderful humane human being. This gentleman truly exemplifies what it means to be a gentle man. May the patron saint of animals bless him. :respec:

twinsissv

"When evil men plot, good men plan. When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men commit themselves to the glory of love. Where evil men would seek to perpetuate an unjust status quo, good men must seek to bring into being a real order of justice."
-the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(...NEVER MORE TRUE THAN AT THIS EVIL TIME IN OUR HISTORY. HOW WE MISS YOUR LEADERSHIP AND WISDOM.)

Last edited:

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I attended the Cdn Nats Gala with my 2 bridesmaids. I was married in 1964!
The women had been my lifelong friends even then and still are today.
I am so fortunate to still have them in my life despite their previous health issues , now resolved.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This may belong partially in the PI forum but I will post it here.

I had to get my car serviced this morning, so I left it at the dealer shop and got a ride in their shuttle to go to work. One of the passengers in the shuttle was a woman who told us what she was doing for a living. She drives crisis vehicles to give rides to people who may be homeless or without money to go somewhere, some are drug addicts, or with mental problems. You get the picture. I would be too scared to give rides to such people. She does it because she wants to help the poor people, on a $10 per hour salary from the state.

Our state got $1.5 Billion from the Obama administration in 2008, to help people with mental problems. These people are given free phones called Obama phones if they show the ID and social security number. So they can call fir help. I had no idea such phones existed or such programs existed to help the poor and the needy. This woman has done thus job for 11 years and she loves it because she wants to give something back to society. She had better jobs in the past but she has chosen to do this. I was so impressed with her! It is hard to find people who truly want to serve the less fortunate.

The rest of the post may be in the PI forum. :)

PeterG

She does it because she wants to help the poor people, on a $10 per hour salary from the state.

I totally commend her for her work. But here in British Columbia, $10 per hour would definitely put her well below the poverty line. Which would make her a poor person herself. :(

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I totally commend her for her work. But here in British Columbia, $10 per hour would definitely put her well below the poverty line. Which would make her a poor person herself. :(

She will be under poverty line here too. That's why her dedication is so commendable.

twinsissv

Yes! We need more laughter. Here's my contribution heard on a tv show today.
"Common sense must be caught up in traffic outside Washington, D.C. because it hasn't been able to get into that place all year!"
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information