Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
"KERRY CEMENTS AUSTRALIAN PRESENCE"

Kerry cements Australian presence in PyeongChang
Skater credits Gambill, competitive training environment for improvement

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/05/09/229225696

IN interview!

Brendan Kerry: One of the highlights for me would be the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo, Japan, where for the first time I successfully completed both a quad salchow and a quad toe in the same program. However, the biggest highlight for me, hands down, was the world championships, where I scored personal bests, got my highest worlds finish and also qualified a spot for Australia at the 2018 Olympics.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
He's grown up so much in the last couple of years it's incredible. I'm really proud of how much he's matured. As a skater, he's now quite reliable, recovers from mistakes quickly, and doesn't unravel when problems occur. I look at that FS at Worlds - four years ago, after that stumble on the quad he probably would have gone straight to pop-ville. But now, he fought it through to the end and it was wonderful.

And he's still only 22. I wonder if 2022 is an option for him - he'd be 26/27 by then, which is older, but we're seeing an older trend. I suppose it depends. Maybe if we get lucky, corporate sponsors in Australia will decide figure skating is awesome. And maybe some of the winter sport funding might get allocated to athletes other than the snowboarders...

And I LOVE that article of Brooklee's about the gala! :D

greenapple

[QUOTE="As they seem to be in Sydney at the moment I assume they will be skating at Hollins Trophy on the June long weekend.[/QUOTE]

His mother posted on her Facebook page on May 4 that he had returned to Russia.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

My guess is that the team will stay training in Russia for the time being, so that they can concentrate on working towards qualifying for the Olympic Games via the Nebelhorn Trophy in late September.

Sylvia

TBD
Brooklee Han is featured first in this article published today about her coaching change last year to the Cains in Texas (she is keeping her tango free skate and has a new short program): http://figureskatersonline.com/news...an-settle-in-texas-with-the-cains-as-coaches/
Brooklee Han (AUS)
SP: I Dreamed A Dream (Susan Boyle)
LP: Por Una Cabeza (same as the one she did at Nats/4CC)

So both our top ladies will have SPs based on the "dreams" theme. Argh, tear out my heart, there you go.

misskarne

Nice job on the total blindside, guys :lol:

This will be really interesting. Can't wait to see how they do.

dinakt

Nice long article on Harley Windsor from SBS Online. There was also an item on SBS TV news tonight.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/feature/breaking-ice

As they seem to be in Sydney at the moment I assume they will be skating at Hollins Trophy on the June long weekend.
Thank you so much for posting this. A brilliant article, because it goes in depth into Alexandrovskaya/Windsor's history and training.
I am rooting for them like crazy.

sus2850

Great article on Harley, love the painting he gave to his coach. It is not written that he made it himself, but a wonderful idea in any case.

misskarne

That was why he was in Sydney! He kept posting pics on his instagram and I was wondering why he'd gone to Sydney a few times in a seemingly short space of time. Mystery solved.

StitchMonkey

So we could get a team event with a Dodds brother and Brendan Kerry... at the same time, in the same kiss and cry? Of fates of the universe... please let this happen.

Marco

Hmm AUS did not send a dance team to 2017 Worlds. Are they aiming to qualify a spot to PC at Nebelhorn? I wish this teaming had happened one or two seasons earlier.

misskarne

Hmm AUS did not send a dance team to 2017 Worlds. Are they aiming to qualify a spot to PC at Nebelhorn? I wish this teaming had happened one or two seasons earlier.

We did send three to 4CC. I have no idea how it will be chosen which team will go to Nebelhorn.

misskarne

mikeko

What I take from reading this is that they're going to put Brooklee and Kailani head-to-head prior to Nebelhorn and we may not even know which of them is going until 10 days before Nebelhorn when the entries close.

So the start of the season just got even more stressful...

I think they will put them head-to-head AFTER Nebelhorn to decide who to send to Pyong Chang. They are going to decide who to send to Nebelhorn based on their two best TES scores earned at Senior ISU Championships/ISU Senior International Competitions from January 1, 2017 to 10 days before the dead line of Nebelhorn entries. I am not sure if ISU Senior International Competitions include non Challenger Series Senior B.

wickedwitch

Considering that A/W can only qualify one Australian Pair, those are fighting words!
A/W are pairs, while Kerry/Dodds would be dance.

Regardless, given their inexperience in dance, if Australia got a slot for the team event, I would expect to go to a more seasoned ice dance team. But future trips to the worlds/Olys are certainly plausible.

insideedgeua

Ah, okay, A/W the pair name. I got confused then. Now I know who ( not what) they are.

Yes, one is pair and one is dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information