British Skating News, 2022 and beyond

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
It's disappointing that Graham has retired, but it's not a total surprise after he wasn't able to get back to competition following his injury and relocation last year. I wonder if any of the other British men will manage to up their tech content further and put a bit of pressure on Ed Appleby. It's great that we have him but a bit of domestic competition is generally a good thing.

And if any other British skaters are planning to quit or split please announce it now so we can get all the bad news out of the way!

So potentially six junior teams next seasons, since it seems pretty certain Marler-Davies/Black will move up (she’s aging into juniors, he’s aging out of novice and IMO they looked ready at the British). Of course, that assumes no-one splits up…
Lou Koch / Alexander Buchholdt, whose only competition was the British Championships, have already split. He's back on IPS (still based in Villard de Lans)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
New British Junior Ice Dance team - Tallulah Neary & Alex Spruill

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Looks like they’re training in Colorado with Ben Agosto - exciting! I hope they stick together (at least long enough for Ben to get a trip to Sheff).

And I’m starting to feel cautiously optimistic that we might be getting back towards a pre-pandemic number of ice dance teams next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information