ISU calendar of international competitions 2022/23

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Some cancellations now appearing on ISU calendar

Ice Lab Cup (Italy)
Jegrivag Cup (Hungary)
Spring Talents Cup Ukraine

Maria Olszewska Memorial (Poland) is moved from 9-12th February to 16-19th March.
Tallins Hotels Cup is moved one week earlier (now 16-19th February)

Both IceLab Cup and Maria Olszewska Memorial were supposed to include a Pair event. So now the chances to get minimum TES for Pairs is cut in half. Only Bavaria Open and Challenge Cup are held before the deadline for Senior Worlds and have a Pair event scheduled.
Actually, IceMall Cup by the IISF (same weekend as Challenge Cup) also has a pairs comp listed, but it's a shame that IceLab Cup has been cancelled.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Actually, IceMall Cup by the IISF (same weekend as Challenge Cup) also has a pairs comp listed, but it's a shame that IceLab Cup has been cancelled.
Thanks for pointing it out. I hadn't noticed it because I was looking at the original pdf ISU calendar and IceMall Cup wasn't planned at that time and was added later.

Thinking about it, I understand having less events offering the pairs competition (because the field is more limited compared to other disciplines). However, even with B events which aren't under their direct control, I think ISU should do "something" to avoid having the few competitions available overlapping each other. You can't be in Israel and Netherlands at the same time.

Furthermore, I forgot about one other opportunity: Europeans/4 Continents. Realistically speaking, those who couldn't get the Euro TES aren't likely to get World minimums.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Egna Spring Trophy (13-16 April) cancelled.
Kurbada Cup (7-9 April) is renamed Wolmar Spring Cup and it is moved from Riga to Valmeira (Wolmar in German).
The USFS usually sends skaters to Egna Spring Trophy. I wonder if they'll send them to Triglav Trophy now instead since Egna has been cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information