Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurokis40

Not everyone has P/C for bronze. I personally think it will be a toss up between V/M and P/C, the FD could go either way. I think the PCS we have seen this season shows this.

What is a worry is if either of them lose a crucial level here or there and they are both at a greater risk of that happening because of the types of programs they skate. Shibs, B/S and C/L will have their own groups really pushing for them and will grab any opportunity.

So the worry is will both teams get their level calls, not that anyway has a lock on the season. If both get the same base values I see a 5/4 split. Will come down to panel composition and where their artistic sensibilities lie.
I disagree with this V&M have the clear technical edge this year anyway I think V&M will be at the top of their game next week and easily beat them they aren't even a lock for silver I think the shibs can take them down.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I disagree with this V&M have the clear technical edge this year anyway I think V&M will be at the top of their game next week and easily beat them they aren't even a lock for silver I think the shibs can take them down.

And I would remind you that you said there was no way Clinton would lose :p You have to look at the PCS and how judges have scored the main contenders at different events. If all the players hit their levels it's going to be very close.

barbarafan

And I would remind you that you said there was no way Clinton would lose :p You have to look at the PCS and how judges have scored the main contenders at different events. If all the players hit their levels it's going to be very close.
Agreed...I just hope V&M and P&C skate amazing as they can and get all their levels so whoever the judges give their nod to they will be totally content with their performances. As they have all said, you can only control what you do..not how others see it. It should be a fantastic event and I can't wait to see it.

yurokis40

i don't feel it should be a toss up if V&M skate well they should beat the French , they have clear advantages over them , difficulty in the lift being one, better harder step sequences the French still have not had a single level 4 for a step sequence this year, plus the judges would look stupid to give a 3rd world title when you consider that V&M have only won 2 their entire career.

barbarafan

I think this is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. What does the number of titles that each team has have to do with anything? :confused: What matters is how they'll skate and nothing else.

I think in that case it matters because he was able to ruffle your feathers..I am so proud of myself because for once I did not engage.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I enjoyed that interview and attribute a lot of that to the questions asked and the interviewer just letting the answer flow. I agree that she warmed up P/C with that Mozart FD, her vision for them was the right call. Also liked the SD question and insights there as to why they struggle more with this portion.

Cachoo

Yurokis should just be put on everyone's ignore list, literally and figuratively.

It does seem odd to be allowed to be so negative in an uber thread. As much as I love V/M I do remember this happening to D/W when they competed against V/M. As the reigning world champs I guess P/C are magnets for this crap.

chantilly

It goes both ways.
In uber threads IMO.
The problem is that some of the V and M ubers are irrational and embarrassing.
But there has been derision in uber threads from both sides.
I just skim or skip over the ridiculous uber posts.
Trying to reason with or control them is futile.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Nice interview. I like when they are interviewed separately, we learn more from their respective personality. His explanation about their deep edges kind of go along with MDF's explanation about them skating big and flowy and how it affects their SD patterns. It's especially obvious when they simply glide around the rink during practices or warm-up, they always cover so much more ice than any other couples in just two stride. I always find it fascinating just to watch them glide. It should be boring but I could watch them for hours. The good thing is compared to most couples they literally constantly glide together, they spend very little time apart while warming-up.

clairecloutier

I watched the Victoria series on Masterpicece PBS. I am in love with the soundtrack. Martin Phipps' music is majestic. The title song "Gloriana" is so beautiful. I would love for Gabby and Guiliaume to skate to it.

Coronation music - https://youtu.be/wvmsRRuwDoI
Title Credits - https://youtu.be/ECSnDV7DS88?list=RDwvmsRRuwDoI
Victoria Suite - https://youtu.be/Py5UTTNdBnc

Ha-ha, @topaz, I just finished watching the series as well and was also very taken by the music! I've been meaning to look it up. "Gloriana" is gorgeous. I don't know if it's something P/C would pick, but it has a grand yet serene feeling, that I could see them with.

topaz

Ha-ha, @topaz, I just finished watching the series as well and was also very taken by the music! I've been meaning to look it up. "Gloriana" is gorgeous. I don't know if it's something P/C would pick, but it has a grand yet serene feeling, that I could see them with.

LOL, I don't think it would something they would pick either but I can just see how their incredible skills would emphasize the beauty of the music.

Cachoo

Nice interview. I like when they are interviewed separately, we learn more from their respective personality. His explanation about their deep edges kind of go along with MDF's explanation about them skating big and flowy and how it affects their SD patterns. It's especially obvious when they simply glide around the rink during practices or warm-up, they always cover so much more ice than any other couples in just two stride. I always find it fascinating just to watch them glide. It should be boring but I could watch them for hours. The good thing is compared to most couples they literally constantly glide together, they spend very little time apart while warming-up.

When I talk about what I love about this couple I feel I'm lead away from competition. I think V/M and the Shibs are wonderful. But setting the competitive aspects aside I would hate to see P/C try to skate like them and get away from those things that make them both singular in the ice dancing world and special in the ice dancing world. They are unique in the world and I would want their free to continue to reflect that originality, flow and the role of the man in this particular way of dancing on ice because no one else is doing this. I know they are concerned about medals. I guess I'm more concerned with keeping that which is unique and not changing solely to please the judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information