Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

sap5

From the last thread:

Practice clip! posted by Samuel Chouinard

Well, this is an exciting development. What will the makeover entail? And, I didn't realize that Chouinard had a hand in choreographing this free dance.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Hey, they're back with the crossed arms, so much more powerful than the beginning they used at Euros.
The sound of their blades :swoon: (I mean it probably sound the same for all teams tbh but I quit being objective a long time ago with Gaby and Guillaume :D)
If Sam Chouinard is reading this, please keep those clips coming. Usually P/C goes into complete hiding when they're not competing but it's way too long till Worlds.

ETA: I didn't know either Sam Chouinard was on the choreo. I looked for info but can't find anything listed as to who is involved in the choreo. He seems to regularly work with Marie-France teams though. He did H/D SD and worked on P/C Boston EX (why did they skate this Ex just once :wuzrobbed Bring it back, much hotter than the Belvedere one)
They probably just want to add an external point of view considering they've struggled a bit to bring this FD to its full potential.
Anyway, I do think it would be a good think for next season to bring some fresh blood in the conception of their choreo.

Last edited:

DreamsofBliss

Hey, they're back with the crossed arms, so much more powerful than the beginning they used at Euros.
The sound of their blades :swoon: (I mean it probably sound the same for all teams tbh but I quit being objective a long time ago with Gaby and Guillaume :D)
If Sam Chouinard is reading this, please keep those clips coming. Usually P/C goes into complete hiding when they're not competing but it's way too long till Worlds.

ETA: I didn't know either Sam Chouinard was on the choreo. I looked for info but can't find anything listed as to who is involved in the choreo. He seems to regularly work with Marie-France teams though. He did H/D SD and worked on P/C Boston EX (why did they skate this Ex just once :wuzrobbed Bring it back, much hotter than the Belvedere one)
They probably just want to add an external point of view considering they've struggled a bit to bring this FD to its full potential.
Anyway, I do think it would be a good think for next season to bring some fresh blood in the conception of their choreo.

I'm pretty sure he did Belvedere, too, lol. They did Can't Feel My Face for the French tour, too, but yeah I wish they were using it this year. Not sure why they opted for Belvedere.

sap5

cocotaffy

maya1985

Perhaps we have given up on them:( It's all been about V/M have it won already and no way can P/C beat them .I mean everyone even has P/C for the bronze:( I think we've been brainwashed.So here's to next week for a good competition :cheer2:

No matter what happens next week, my favorite couple will stay the same. :respec:
Even if I am pessimistic for Helsinki (for gold), I want to believe it a little:swoon:. We will quickly see if the judges want suspense or not (V/M will skate before P/C for the short dance).
I hope with all my heart that they will achieve two splendid programs without mistakes and that they will have very good scores:saint:. I would love to sing the Marseillaise in Finland

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Not everyone has P/C for bronze. I personally think it will be a toss up between V/M and P/C, the FD could go either way. I think the PCS we have seen this season shows this.

What is a worry is if either of them lose a crucial level here or there and they are both at a greater risk of that happening because of the types of programs they skate. Shibs, B/S and C/L will have their own groups really pushing for them and will grab any opportunity.

So the worry is will both teams get their level calls, not that anyway has a lock on the season. If both get the same base values I see a 5/4 split. Will come down to panel composition and where their artistic sensibilities lie.

cocotaffy

Perhaps we have given up on them:( It's all been about V/M have it won already and no way can P/C beat them .I mean everyone even has P/C for the bronze:( I think we've been brainwashed.So here's to next week for a good competition :cheer2:

I gave up on reading any threads title including Papadakis/Cizeron other than this thread, because all these speculations give me a headache. But don't worry, I'm sure none of their fans have given up on them. I sure didn't. I just hope they can skate two clean programs they can be proud of. This season has been such a roller coaster, would be great to finish on a high note. They didn't make things easy for themselves with their choices but that's why I love them, they go with their guts and passion. Everyone wanted Hip Hop, they went lindy. Everyone wanted a radical change in FD they mixed it up but kept exploring what they love: emotions, abstract, and contemporary. Like Gabriella said answering a journalist asking what they wanted to do in their programs : " we gonna do us really " (don't know if it makes sense in english though).

sap5

Not everyone has P/C for bronze. I personally think it will be a toss up between V/M and P/C, the FD could go either way. I think the PCS we have seen this season shows this.

What is a worry is if either of them lose a crucial level here or there and they are both at a greater risk of that happening because of the types of programs they skate. Shibs, B/S and C/L will have their own groups really pushing for them and will grab any opportunity.

So the worry is will both teams get their level calls, not that anyway has a lock on the season. If both get the same base values I see a 5/4 split. Will come down to panel composition and where their artistic sensibilities lie.

Agree 100%. Also think there may be a desire to give P/C a win to make things more interesting in the lead up to the Games.

DFJ

No matter what happens next week, my favorite couple will stay the same. :respec:
Even if I am pessimistic for Helsinki (for gold), I want to believe it a little:swoon:. We will quickly see if the judges want suspense or not (V/M will skate before P/C for the short dance).
I hope with all my heart that they will achieve two splendid programs without mistakes and that they will have very good scores:saint:. I would love to sing the Marseillaise in Finland

I am a V/M fan but I think this can go either way. Two amazing teams -- may the best team walk away with Gold and not for any reason other than great skates.

firstflight

I love how "ordinary," compared to other bigger revenue sports, skaters are when they're not on the ice. Gabby just posted on her Instagram a pic of her and her friends successfully completing an escape game in Montreal. https://instagram.com/p/BR4A4aCgPCJ/
Guillaume's posted pics of him having dinner or hanging out with friends in DC. If I were even just in the room with either of them, I'd half-pee my pants. But everyday people in their lives apparently just treat 2-time figure skating world champs as ordinary people. And of course it's not just them. Many/most skaters lead quite non-fussy lives in their free time.

cocotaffy

Well it was nice to see Tony Dovolani have nothing but nice things to say about them. He said they "brought artistry to life" and "There's a part of them you keep with you after you watch them"
I couldn't put it better, it is exactly what makes them so special. Absolutely no other teams for me manages to stay with me like they do, they transcend their performance. It's not ice skating anymore with them, they're extremely artistic people if not for ice dance as a medium they would express all those emotions in other medium because they just feel compelled.
Yet she's also hilarious and never takes herself seriously. Here is how according to her she's casually changing a lightbulb
https://www.instagram.com/p/BR6uvXCAX3V/?hl=en. :rofl:
She's the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information