Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

sap5

When I talk about what I love about this couple I feel I'm lead away from competition. I think V/M and the Shibs are wonderful. But setting the competitive aspects aside I would hate to see P/C try to skate like them and get away from those things that make them both singular in the ice dancing world and special in the ice dancing world. They are unique in the world and I would want their free to continue to reflect that originality, flow and the role of the man in this particular way of dancing on ice because no one else is doing this. I know they are concerned about medals. I guess I'm more concerned with keeping that which is unique and not changing solely to please the judges.

Pretty sure that the last thing they'd ever want to do is skate like someone else and give up what makes them special. They've said so in practically every interview this year.

topaz

They missed some levels and with Guillaume cutting his hand and needing stitches, we can see why they lost points on the a few elements. Overall, the dance is still different and shows their versatility musically. I am disappointed in their score.

ballettmaus

^Well, they got two level 3s, so I understand that she isn't happy with the scores. Their PCS are almost identical with V/M's!

Miloune

^Well, they got two level 3s, so I understand that she isn't happy with the scores. Their PCS are almost identical with V/M's!

Yes that's too bad really. They didn't pull off one perfect SD in all this season, except perhaps in France, but even there they didn't get all the levels...
The worst is the twizzle mistake, they were begining to be consistant competition after competition! Hope Guillaume didn't hurt his finger too badly.

ballettmaus

Yes that's too bad really. They didn't pull off one perfect SD in all this season, except perhaps in France, but even there they didn't get all the levels...
The worst is the twizzle mistake, they were begining to be consistant competition after competition! Hope Guillaume didn't hurt his finger too badly.

Well, if you have a "stumbling" season, better this one than the next :)

Isabelle.G

I wanted them to win so much to finally show that they are able to beat V/M... lets hope for tomorrow. I hope they'll give it everything and show a perfect FD and keep the 2nd place.
Just a note - I don't understand the rating system, were V/M really that good? I mean, I don't know but their score seems is too big... I can't stop thinking it should have been less...

Last edited:

VGThuy

I wanted them to win so much to finally show that they are able to beat V/M... lets hope for tomorrow. I hope they'll give it everything and show a perfect FD and keep the 2nd place.
Just a note - I don't understand the rating system, were V/M really that good? I mean, I don't know but their score seems is too big... I can't stop thinking it should have been less...

After watching the top SDs back-to-back, I would say yes. It's like if a very healthy and technically on Grishuk/Platov competed at 2001 Worlds.

DreamsofBliss

I enjoyed them so much today, shame about Guillaume cutting himself. Looking forward to the FD! Last two international outings I just loved it so much and I can't wait to see the changes.
I can't speak to whether or all their levels were earned, but I will say Virtue/Moir skated that SD the best I've seen them do all season. (and I am really not a fan of this comeback)

Miloune

I'm so happy they won the FD!!!! And with the world record too! :cheer2::cheer2:
Too bad judges killed in the SD...
Also winning the FD is good for the confidence. Well deserved and rewarding. They're almost the only ones who skated clean in that last group. Weird but exciting event!

ballettmaus

It didn't apply to Papadakis/Cizeron, but does anyone know what that choreography violation is that the protocols note for so many skaters and why it says deductions and there is no deduction? :confused:

Miloune

It didn't apply to Papadakis/Cizeron, but does anyone know what that choreography violation is that the protocols note for so many skaters and why it says deductions and there is no deduction? :confused:

I think it needs to be noted by at least 5 judges to provoke a deduction...? Need to check though.

DreamsofBliss

They did exactly what they needed to do, which was deliver a beautiful close to flawless FD and put the pressure on VM. They started moving the narrative in the right direction, so I'm happy. But I'm sad we didn't see more beautiful performances today, really, theirs was the only one that was just outstanding.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
:cheer2:It's a weird feeling because in the end even though they're not walking away with the title, it still feels like they won. It was a huge personal victory which meant so much and they did it in such a style leaving everyone in the dust. They explained in the press conference they were extremely disappointed by their SD scores and waking up this morning just remembered why they were skating. They wrapped themselves up in self-doubt forgetting why they were doing this. Gaby also added shedding doubts is actually what the FD is partly about. They went out there all revived and according to Guillaume had the best experience together on the ice yet. It seems they're topping themselves every year experiencing intense emotions during the FD.

ballettmaus

I was wondering if the judges may not have done P/C a favor. They have nothing to lose next season, they're not reigning World Champions, they have never won an Olympic medal, and everyone has been shown that they are beatable. Might be easier for them going into next season than had they won worlds/dominated this season.

On a side note, I really don't know why they get criticized for their SD so much. I really, really liked this season's SD and it felt a little bit like after two seasons of criticism, the judges have decided to pick up on it because it was a way for V/M to beat them even though this season, their SD wasn't lacking.

Anyway, I hope they can blow everyone away with SD and FD next season!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
After many rewatch ( what already ! how is this even possible :shuffle:), they skate like their lives depend on it. It's such an intense feeling and for so young people to be able to find the emotional and mental space to do that. Chapeau bas.

@ballettmaus I think it's the best result combo too both motivation and self-confidence wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information