Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

They've been given a lot of rope so it is rather predictable how this will end. Patience, it is still a virtue. The ROC has shown their hand.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
So there will be no ceremony if she medals? Am I understanding this clearly? How is this fair to the other skaters? The other skaters should have the right to have a medal ceremony.

So because one girl doped the others can't have their medal ceremony that is so wrong. If she isn't able to stand on a podium she shouldn't be competing. What a stupid ruling.
pretty clear message with the addition of an extra skater and no ceremony that the thought is she will be dq after the fact. But totally agree not fair to the clean skaters. Especially USA & Japan from the Team event. Looks bad for our sport :(

Last edited:

4rkidz

Upon further thought - since waking up to the news - this is my wish too. Also, Eteri should isolate in her hotel room. The last thing that we need is to see her blonde curly locks by the boards (the Eteri Cam)…or the gang, including Creepy Doctor.

I want the Women’s event to happen with 29 skaters. I also want T/M to compete in Pairs without the Sambo70 gang around.
glad you reconsidered your stance. :)

reckless

This is the best they could come up with?

Kamila Valieva's mother Alsu Valieva and lawyer Anna Kozmenko spoke at court during the hearings of the skater's case. They said that the concentration of trimetazidine, which was found in the athlete's doping sample, was negligibly small. It was her grandfather, who may have caused the substance to end up in Kamila's body, they said. He could allegedly drink something from a glass, having left traces of his saliva on the glass before Kamila drank from the glass as well.

exNyer

I feel bad for the clean athletes on the podium, who were robbed of the medal experience but I blame no one but RUSADA and CAS for that mess. Since the women will be an all-Eteri podium anyway, I don’t care. If a non-Eteri skater finds herself winning a medal, then I’ll feel sorry for her.

trouble77

Banned Member
I will enjoy the competition and wait for the final resolution.

Kamila and her team have been training continuously (minus one day) for 10 days. Their doping tests in Beijing are all negative. Her doping tests before Nationals and during the Grand Prix were negative. Her doping test at Euros was negative. The doping test she took for National came back with an infinitesimal trace of dope (which is less than any assignable quantity) after getting awol for more than a month.

I will wait for the outcome of Sample B.

It's a shame that skaters won't have a ceremony until this is resolved, BUT it's more shameful all this fake outraged campaign from ex-figure skaters, about the decision taken by the IOC who is considering the possibility of Kamila being innocent until proven guilty. Because more than her age, IOC doesn't want to make a mistake in case she is indeed innocent of doping.

I can see that a witch hunt has already started without any proof whatsoever of real abuse and in-house doping.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

exNyer

I feel bad for the clean athletes on the podium, who were robbed of the medal experience but I blame no one but RUSADA and CAS for that mess. Since the women will be an all-Eteri podium anyway, I don’t care. If a non-Eteri skater finds herself winning a medal, then I’ll feel sorry for her. —
I feel bad for the clean athletes on the podium, who were robbed of the medal experience but I blame no one but RUSADA and CAS for that mess. Since the women will be an all-Eteri podium anyway, I don’t care. If a non-Eteri skater finds herself winning a medal, then I’ll feel sorry for her.
Clean athletes on the podium?? Anna?Sasha?? Why would anyone in Eteri’s group be cleaner than she.

LeafOnTheWind

This is the best they could come up with?

I thought the grandfather excuse was just Twitter and Instagram being what it is. I seriously can't believe this is the garbage excuse they've come up with. She's not going to get drugs in her system from drinking out of a glass. :wall:🤦‍♀️

becca

Clean athletes on the podium?? Anna?Sasha?? Why would anyone in Eteri’s group be cleaner than she.
Well I don’t know but I don’t like guilt by association either I have heard that Anna has her own doctor.

I also heard that Sasha’s father has gotten into conflict with Eteri over the fact that he strong opinions about what his girl should be taken.

I want a full investigation period.

bladesofgorey

That must be a joke, right? She ingested her grandpa's saliva from a drinking glass and he takes this exact drug? Didn't we have some info in these threads about the time to clear to be undetectable for this substance? Wouldn't that be able to rule this out based on when she last saw her grandpa before the test? I think this must be a joke or made up story, it's just not possible this could be the defense (and if so I guess they are not requesting the B sample be tested?).

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I will enjoy the competition and wait for the final resolution.

Kamila and her team have been training continuously (minus one day) for 10 days. Their doping tests in Beijing are all negative. Her doping tests before Nationals and during the Grand Prix were negative. Her doping test at Euros was negative. The doping test she took for National came back with an infinitesimal trace of dope (which is less than any assignable quantity) after getting awol for more than a month.

I will wait for the outcome of Sample B.

It's a shame that skaters won't have a ceremony until this is resolved, BUT it's more shameful all this fake outraged campaign from ex-figure skaters, about the decision taken by the IOC who is considering the possibility of Kamila being innocent until proven guilty. Because more than her age, IOC doesn't want to make a mistake in case she is indeed innocent of doping.

I can see that a witch hunt has already started without any proof whatsoever of real abuse and in-house doping.
You do realize they aren't even denying that she had the substance in her system? They have her FAMILY taking the fall, blaming it on grandpa's heart medication and sharing a glass with him.

How many other serial dopers were clean until they weren't?

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it is generally a duck. And, note, neither the IOC nor the ISU are behaving in a manner that indicates they think she will, ultimately, be allowed to keep her medals.

There is a reason why people, outside of Russia and the handful of Team Tutberidze fans still left, have drawn the conclusion we have.

How long will you choose to live in denial with those blinders over your eyes?

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I thought the grandfather excuse was just Twitter and Instagram being what it is. I seriously can't believe this is the garbage excuse they've come up with. She's not going to get drugs in her system from drinking out of a glass. :wall:🤦‍♀️
Не писай мне на ногу и не говори, что она отравлена от того, что я пила из дедушкиного стакана.

Ne pisay mne na nogu i ne govori, chto ona otravlena ot togo, chto ya pila iz dedushkinogo stakana.

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's doped from drinking from Grandpa's glass." #therealjudgejudywouldsay

4rkidz

trouble77

Banned Member
That must be a joke, right? She ingested her grandpa's saliva from a drinking glass and he takes this exact drug? Didn't we have some info in these threads about the time to clear to be undetectable for this substance? Wouldn't that be able to rule this out based on when she last saw her grandpa before the test? I think this must be a joke or made up story, it's just not possible this could be the defense (and if so I guess they are not requesting the B sample be tested?).

You do realize they aren't even denying that she had the substance in her system? They have her FAMILY taking the fall, blaming it on grandpa's heart medication and sharing a glass with him.

How many other serial dopers were clean until they weren't?

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it is generally a duck. And, note, neither the IOC nor the ISU are behaving in a manner that indicates they think she will, ultimately, be allowed to keep her medals.

There is a reason why people, outside of Russia and the handful of Team Tutberidze fans still left, have drawn the conclusion we have.

How long will you choose to live in denial with those blinders over your eyes?
I see what you are saying, but I still think that we should wait to incriminate them and wait for the final verdict. Until then, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as to whether it was deliberate or not, etc.

love skating

Clueless American
I'm so sad for the clean athletes who don't get their medal ceremony. It's like when one child acts up at dinner and the parents say "no ice cream for anyone" and all the siblings suffer for the one child's behavior. I get it, cause the IOC/ISU want to keep some face here and show they are tough against doping, but it's so sad for others.

Worst of all, this is not how you build an Olympic fan base or a figure skating fan base. How do we attract more fans when they don't see any credibility in the sport? When they have to question who is competing "clean"? I have a hard time watching cycling any more and my joy of watching track and field has diminished and made me question everyone competing. I hate to think of figure skating going down that route too.

On My Own

It is confusing as to why she is accused of taking drugs? From what I read on this forum, I was 100% sure that in fact her technique was +5 quality on the 3A, in no way flawed and injurious, and that because the judges accept jumps that manage to merge toe loops and salchows, and loops, lutzes, and flips for that matter, the only explanation must be that I (and every skating commentator that notes those quirks) can't "apparently" tell which foot and edge toeloops and salchows take off from, and several people here agreed with those comments as well (as with Yuma Kagiyama's unclear edge lutz being better than Ilia Malinin's textbook one, and deserving of +5)? Surely such amazing, acceptable technique which some on the forum and the judges and the TP support didn't require any drugs?

I guess the story about the grandfather must be true. The only real explanation, IMO.

AnnM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information