Eric Radford and Vanessa James to compete in pairs together for Canada

becca

For those stating that it would be hard for a team to stay together for shows if they didn't live in the same city, there are many teams that live in different cities that still do shows together. Kaitlyn Weaver moved to NYC shortly before the ********* hit... her and Andrew Poje were still going to do shows together. Competing would definitely be a problem, but not shows. #justsaying
But he wants to compete

Vagabond

I don’t think many people think that.

Most people think Meagan deserved to know earlier so she could get on with her life and seek other opportunities to make money too.
Posters in this thread are discussing how they could skate shows together even while living six hours away from each other. While that isn't explicitly saying that this is what they should do, why would anyone mention it unless it was thought to be desirable?

skategal

Bunny mama
And when the fathers leave the house to go to work?
There is a thing called childcare.

It’s what most families use when both parents have to work.

I honestly can’t believe this is a real question on FSU.

Are you a troll?

Or are you my former boss who asked me to go on a work trip and when I said “yes” then proceeded to ask me how my child would be cared for while I was away?!?!

Rafter

Agree 100%. She is coming off like a whiny spoiled brat with no regard for her partner, or how her choices have put her partner in a difficult position. She sounds almost as bad as Grishuk assuming Platov would come to Hollywood with her and be her bodyguard :lol:.

Meagan made her choices; Eric is making his. They didn't have a single show booked. What was he really walking away from? Nothing, IMO.

Great post, Louis.

Another thing that bothers me about this situation is the arm-chair critics sitting behind their usernames criticizing Vanessa James for not saying anything about Cipres. First of all, I suspect like others have already said she was advised by legal counsel to stay silent on the matter. Secondly, what Cipres did in his own personal time James had nothing to do with. Also, she has every right to remain friends with him and support him as a friend despite his own discretions. That is up to her to decide. (And the same goes for Radford supporting Coughlin - his choice).

skategal

Bunny mama
Were you also working while travelling around the world with your toddler? You also had your husband with you which Meagan wouldn’t have because Marcotte would either be in Ontario or travelling himself for his own career.

I’ve travelled to Europe with a 2 year old and 5 month old and it was a ton of work.
Again childcare is an option or she can leave the child with her father who may have to seek some child care while mom is away working.

Seriously, what is the problem with childcare?

Rafter

There is a thing called childcare.

It’s what most families use when both parents have to work.

I honestly can’t believe this is a real question on FSU.

Are you a troll?

Or are you my former boss who asked me to go on a work trip and when I said “yes” then proceeded to ask me how my child would be cared for while I was away?!?!

Yes I’ve already mentioned childcare/daycare. Did you not see my post about it?

Rafter

Astounding I know, but the child also has a father! Who should be perfectly capable of caring for his child!

Yes of course but then they will need someone to take care of the baby while the father is working.

skategal

Bunny mama
Posters in this thread are discussing how they could skate shows together even while living six hours away from each other. While that isn't explicitly saying that this is what they should do, why would anyone mention it unless it was thought to be desirable?
Because we are saying it can be done if the parties involved want it to happen.

Eric has every right to dump Meagan and skate with whoever he wants to but he need to stop using misogynistic reasons for it.

becca

Because we are saying it can be done if the parties involved want it to happen.

Eric has every right to dump Meagan and skate with whoever he wants to but he need to stop using misogynistic reasons for it.
Meghans current child is none of his business she is perfectly capable of child care and the affects of traveling and the kid being away from one parent would be between her and her hubby.

I don’t think a possible pregnancy if he is looking to compete right away is misogyny though that’s just being realistic about the competing time table although no need to bring it up.

Mme Bovary

TSL or some other source also pointed out that apparently Radford went to Aliona in 2014 and she says as much in her book asking about a partnership. What was his excuse then? He knew Meagan was going to have a baby 5 years later? :lol:
People have asked them to show the actual paragraphs and someone else said it wasn't true (meaning it wasn't in the book). Proof has not yet been provided.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I would say she already was getting on her life and was making Eric play a waiting game of uncertainty.
I don't know where you are getting this impression from, but seeing how they were both involved In BOTB and had plans to be skating throughout April in Japan and were waiting to see about Canada/USA in the fall (Eric's words), it's not as if Duhamel left the ice completely and was making him sit around. They were both involved in their own projects and Eric was often very busy with his own skating-related stuff (he choreography, creating music, she was coaching), and it wasn't as if he wanted to continue competing past 2018. He was done, his body was done, he didn't 'stop' because Meagan pressured him, etc.

He sees an opportunity with Vanessa to revitalize his career and get his name out there again: good for him- go for it. But let's get the facts straight. He wasn't waiting around for Meagan at any point. And if he was, he's had two years to address it (if you believe that he first thought of this in 2019).

barbk

Surrrrrre

Cringe at Duhamel’s latest Instagram story. Yeah right, Meagan. You stoked the flames and played martyr to try and get people (fans) on your side and to try to sabotage Eric right from the get go. She was being outspoken all over social media for a reason.

It seems to me that Duhamel wants her cake and wants to eat it too. Despite moving 6 hours from her partner, setting up a school, having a baby (with more to come eventually), she wanted Eric to sit patiently and wait for HER timetable to be able to do shows or anything professionally. Frankly, I don’t see how Meagan can’t see this/his side of it and how she even thought a pro or touring career with him would work given all the logistics she has to deal with.

Someone on this thread or the Cdn pairs thread made a comment about toddlers being portable. Ha! You’ve got to be kidding me. You can’t take your eyes off a toddler for one second unless they’re sleeping. Even the amount of gear (stroller, portable crib, car seat) and other stuff you need is crazy. If she went to Japan or Europe with toddler in tow, she would have to bring a nanny alongside her or else her mother. Logistical nightmare. If she left her child in Canada while she was overseas touring, she would have to have help in the home while Marcotte worked at the rink.

No doubt Radford could see the writing on the wall.
Trying to think of the last time someone wrote about a male skater parent who couldn't tour because of a toddler. So far, unsuccessful.

angi

I have to side a little bit here with Eric. Meghan moved six hours away.
I honestly don't get the point of this, they are both in Canada and can pretty easily get ice time when needed (when there isn't YNW going around). Aljona and Bruno are still doing shows together and they are not even living in the same country and both have children.
And who's to say Vanessa will be staying in Canada and in Montreal in the next couple of years so they can do shows together as they said? That's not her place of residence and while they'll be training there now it's totally feasible that she won't live there in the future and I won't be surprised if they'll still do shows even if they will be living in other places.

Rafter

Are you half-reading the thread? There are certain facts that are being left out all over the place. First of all, you're a skating fan and you know damn well that there are partnerships that continue even though the skaters are in different cities - think about Weaver and Poje, Davis and White, I believe Belbin and Agosto for a long time, etc. That was during normal times, not even having to deal with CV.

They were confirmed for SOI Japan until they were told they couldn't go to Japan in February. Eric has confirmed this in his own response and he also mentions he got the idea with Vanessa during BOTB, which was before February. What timetable is he waiting for, exactly? You also surely know Duhamel was back on the ice relatively quickly and landing her jumps again, and even won BOTB, but people make it seem as if she's been sitting in a bunker doing absolutely nothing.

Eric went behind the scenes to push for James to get her French release, she got it, and then they pushed forward with a competitive partnership. Had she not gotten it quick enough, what would have happened? Wait to see if SOI Canada/USA possibly go on in the fall with Duhamel? Since 4 years is a long way away would he tell Vanessa tough luck?

TSL or some other source also pointed out that apparently Radford went to Aliona in 2014 and she says as much in her book asking about a partnership. What was his excuse then? He knew Meagan was going to have a baby 5 years later? :lol:

And would Meagan be the first person to work while having a child to manage? You also know the answer to this is no but I'm sure you have reasons why all others managed it alright. If Aliona would've seriously come back for 2022 I'm sure the last thing people would be talking about is how she is going to do it with a child (and Massot too - or maybe his wife can do all the work in that one?)

And who said anything about more babies? I keep seeing that.

ETA- Eric made his decision which he is totally fine to do, but I don't see why people are so shocked about Meagan not being happy about the surprise announcement after everything was already lined up. There's no doubt he was playing both sides throughout the first part of the year until he was assured he had another chance at the Olympics - read his words.

Oh Tony. Duhamel’s official FSU mouthpiece.

Just because other partnerships survived with long distances, doesn’t mean that is something Radford would want or desire for himself.

If D/R had been able to go to Japan, what’s to say he wouldn’t have kept up that commitment and then ended the partnership with Meagan once it was over? That seems like a logical premise to me.

You say everything was already lined up. I would say it was all probably a very iffy thing giving the state of the world. All bets were off as soon as they couldn’t go to Japan. Eric probably figured that would be where things were heading so he pursued everything with James. I doubt there will be any SOI tour in Canada anytime soon with how CV is going here.

Btw really low and smarmy of TSL to bring up Papadakis and Cizeron getting CV at an Eric Radford house party last July. Dave Lease says he heard from an ice dancer but it probably came from his buddy Meagan. Another attempt on her part (and those of her online mouthpieces) to try and sabotage Eric’s reputation and new partnership. I guess she would be hoping that people would think Eric shouldn’t have had a house party during Covid?

becca

I honestly don't get the point of this, they are both in Canada and can pretty easily get ice time when needed (when there isn't YNW going around). Aljona and Bruno are still doing shows together and they are not even living in the same country and both have children.
And who's to say Vanessa will be staying in Canada and in Montreal in the next couple of years so they can do shows together as they said? That's not her place of residence and while they'll be training there now it's totally feasible that she won't live there in the future and I won't be surprised if they'll still do shows even if they will be living in other places.
But he wants to compete and they weren’t doing to many shows due to covid. If He was picking Vanessa to do just shows she would have reason to be upset. But he is not.

becca

Quick.....someone tell Keegan he can’t compete to go to the Olympics next year because his wife is having a baby. :lol:
Unfortunately not the same to the realities of pregnancy. Now once the child is born it is of course the same and I am tired of men not being regarded as equally responsible and not given leave to. My company gives both men and women time off when baby is born.

Alvyne

I didn't want to take sides, but with Meagan and TSL stroking the fire on twitter, saying that P/C got covid at Eric's house (I don't see what it has to do with the situation, and parties of 10 people were allowed in Quebec last summer), and now apparently twisting what Aliona wrote in her book to make Eric look bad, it's hard to stay neutral.

Rafter

Trying to think of the last time someone wrote about a male skater parent who couldn't tour because of a toddler. So far, unsuccessful.

I am not saying Meagan couldn’t tour with a baby/toddler. I’m saying it’s a huge logistical thing to figure out and you would need to bring help (either hired or family/husband) along with you. In one article Eric even said Meagan was unsure if she wanted to commit to a tour because of this.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Oh Tony. Duhamel’s official FSU mouthpiece.
You surely realize by now that I know both of them. You're simply bitching about things that you've half-read to paint your own narrative. But sure. Everything I've said has now been written in responses by either Meagan or Eric, or I've pointed out flaws in your logic. You blasted into this thread and I don't think you even read what Eric's reasoning was. I'm not really throwing out assumptions here.
Just because other partnerships survived with long distances, doesn’t mean that is something Radford would want or desire for himself.
But it's been done plenty.
If D/R had been able to go to Japan, what’s to say he wouldn’t have kept up that commitment and then ended the partnership with Meagan once it was over? That seems like a logical premise to me.
And you think he'd be getting a better light if he gave Duhamel one last show and then dumped her to say everything was set up with Vanessa already? Get a grip, it would've been a lot worse in that situation and you know it.
You say everything was already lined up. I would say it was all probably a very iffy thing giving the state of the world. All bets were off as soon as they couldn’t go to Japan. Eric probably figured that would be where things were heading so he pursued everything with James. I doubt there will be any SOI tour in Canada anytime soon with how CV is going here.
When you commit to a tour in the fall, you're hoping that it happens. If it doesn't happen, that's not Meagan or Eric's fault. But please tell me how he is sitting around for Meagan and all these babies she's going to have, as you first tried to claim, if they are filling out tentative plans for their year.
Btw really low and smarmy of TSL to bring up Papadakis and Cizeron getting CV at an Eric Radford house party last July. Dave Lease says he heard from an ice dancer but it probably came from his buddy Meagan. Another attempt on her part (and those of her online mouthpieces) to try and sabotage Eric’s reputation and new partnership. I guess she would be hoping that people would think Eric shouldn’t have had a house party during *********?
That tidbit didn't come from Duhamel, but you won't believe that. Dave has plenty of sources who are always ready to run their mouths, and it's somewhat obvious that Meagan isn't the only person who feels something about this situation.

lurkz2

You can't have it both ways. Either he has every right to dump her, or he has to have a good reason for doing so. Which is it?
I think most people agree he has every right to dump her, most just object to the manner in which he did it.

I myself like reading the arguments for and against since I haven't made up my mind. I am a people pleaser, and would have a tendency to not want to break nasty news unless it's a done deal (like Vanessa getting her release).

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I imagine after the long months of c****, there's much hot air to be expended so don't take every post too seriously. Anything can offer food for thought, or an option to ignore completely.

LOL I won’t. 🥰 Thanks. ❤️ I took the rest of the day off yesterday and worked. I think I will peace out of this thread. It appears Eric and Vanessa are skating. That’s their decision. At first I was happy for them until I understood more background layers to this. But whatever Eric has said to Meagan or hasn’t said to Meagan and vice versa is none of my business. It’s their business Whatever public statement Vanessa has said or hasn’t said is her business. She has her life to live as we do ours.

Should they compete next season I will watch. I’m not here on this forum or going to social media to condemn and judge and complain constantly. That’s why I like cocktails. I’m going over to MEEPOTS now.

❤️🍸❤️🍸

Lanja

And who said anything about more babies? I keep seeing that.

According to Bev Smith, Meagan would have said it if she'd been asked about her future plans:
If Radford had come to her and told her that he wanted to make a comeback, and asked her what she thought, Duhamel said she would have told him that she was not interested, that she wanted to have more babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information