Skate America Fan Cutouts available for purchase

concorde

I received this email yesterday and thought it was pretty funny.
I have not seen it posted here. If it has, I apologize for the duplication.

Figure skating is back!

Though Skate America may look different this year with no fans attending in-person, we still want to see your faces in the stands!

U.S. Figure Skating is inviting you to attend the 2020 Skate America through the new Virtual Fan program. Similar to other successful programs that have brought fans into stadiums and arenas virtually since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, figure skating fans will now have the opportunity to purchase a fan cutout of themselves, a family member, a friend or a pet that can virtually “sit” in the stands during the first major skating event in the world since February.

All proceeds from the U.S. Figure Skating Virtual Fan program will benefit the U.S. Figure Skating Memorial Fund. To learn more about the Memorial Fund, visit 1961MemorialFund.com.

Sales for the Virtual Fan program open starting Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 8 a.m. MT. and will close Thursday, Oct. 15 at midnight PT. Front row “seats” are extremely limited and will be available for $100 while supplies last. Seats in all other rows will be available for $65. Sections and the number of seats is limited, and fans are encouraged to act quickly if they want to participate. All proceeds will benefit the U.S. Figure Skating Memorial Fund.

To purchase your Virtual Fan cutout, click HERE.

To access Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the program click HERE.

We can’t wait to see you virtually at the event!

mjb52

I'm tempted to pay sixty-five bucks to put a Jaime Lannister cut-out at Skate America, but I would hate to diminish the seriousness of the event. Do you guys double dare me? Oh, damn, it's probably not allowed.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Just FYI, when WWE tried doing this for pay-per-view events, some of the "audience" photos that got on the air were KKK members in hoods, a deceased WWE wrestler who killed his family and then himself, and a current WWE wrestler who is on leave because of allegations of sexual harassment. I hope there are plans to monitor who shows up in the audience while the event is being screened - it seems to be a ripe opportunity for pranks and corporate embarassment.

skipaway

I'm tempted to pay sixty-five bucks to put a Jaime Lannister cut-out at Skate America, but I would hate to diminish the seriousness of the event. Do you guys double dare me? Oh, damn, it's probably not allowed.
I would find that hysterical! Go for it, all monies go to a good cause. 😜

mjb52

Just FYI, when WWE tried doing this for pay-per-view events, some of the "audience" photos that got on the air were KKK members in hoods, a deceased WWE wrestler who killed his family and then himself, and a current WWE wrestler who is on leave because of allegations of sexual harassment. I hope there are plans to monitor who shows up in the audience while the event is being screened - it seems to be a ripe opportunity for pranks and corporate embarassment.

I find it hard to imagine skating fans doing any of this (maybe I'm naive). Now my harmless Jaime Lannister prank on the other hand... I might do that (but not really, that's a lot of money... although it IS a good cause).

On a more serious note, I actually do think you're right that it's probably a good idea to have a staff member doing a basic reverse google image search to make sure nothing weird pops up. But I hope whoever it is is a Game of Thrones fan... :)

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I find it hard to imagine skating fans doing any of this (maybe I'm naive). Now my harmless Jaime Lannister prank on the other hand... I might do that (but not really, that's a lot of money... although it IS a good cause).

On a more serious note, I actually do think you're right that it's probably a good idea to have a staff member doing a basic reverse google image search to make sure nothing weird pops up. But I hope whoever it is is a Game of Thrones fan... :)

I'm sure Trusova would have appreciated it last season.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
They had the cutouts here in the NRL too, except they were a more accessible $20. I think Hitler and one or two other bad historical figures made an appearance but they quickly disappeared. Mostly it was just fans, and the players seemed to think having cutouts of themselves to watch them play was hilarious.

exNyer

I apologize if this was already answered but does the USFSA mail the cutouts to the purchaser after the competition is over

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information