FSU Watch (and judge!) party: 98 Worlds ladies SP - SAT, MAY 30th @ 12pm CDT / 7pm CET

ldec

From now on, I will post in groups:

Slutskaya (5.4/5.5) - it takes her so long to set up those jumps, I'm not too fond of her style and program either; 3rd

Arakawa aka the greatest transformation success story in skating history; she looks like she's gonna cry - no worries Shizuka you will be one of the greatest OGM in 8 years! - 4.8 (0,7 deduction of flip for wrong edge + doubled)/5.0; 8th

T. Sczewczenko (5.1/5.7) - not much to say, I really liked her presentation; this competition is so challenging to judge, isn't - 3rd

MP Leray (FRA) - 4.9/5.4; 7th

E. Sokolova (5.2/5.5) - I was never really a fan of her skating; she always gave the impression of having no commitment or caring for her performances, but this program was surprisingly fitting for her and she had good energy throughout; 5th

Kwan (5.8/5.9) - no problem for her here, fabulous skate, especially easy to judge compared to the rest. 1st

C

casken

Kwan

Had to check the axel landing, but no deductions I could see.

Not a Kwaniak, but that's an excellently designed and skated sp.

5.7 5.9

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
As the Slovenian judge , I am reminding everyone that Mojca Kopac (pulp fiction) washes your car better than anyone :)

Don't worry, I submitted my scores about 3 minutes after the thread was opened and she had already given me a very good car wash by that point.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Little did we know Tonia's future lay in broadcasting and annoying everybody every time she said haircutter.

alj5

Arakawa - 4.4 / 4.8 There's a little bit of Toller here, but proof that average can become amazing
Szewczenko - 5.2 / 5.6 Olympic seasons are long, and she just looked a bit sloppy here.
Leray - 4.6 / 5.4 I enjoyed her skating and this program
Sokolova - 5.3 / 5.6 Maybe I missed something, but I liked the heck out of this program. The choreography was cute and youthful without being childish or a caricature. She wuzz robbed by the judges.

C

casken

Kopac

.4 solo jump fall

Nice movement across the ice, interpretation is good.

If only she skated this sp like she did the sp at 97 Worlds I'd have her top 5 at this point.

4.9 5.3

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kwaiatkowski

-Interesting music choice for a white woman :shuffle:
-good spiral sequence
-3z SO 2t
-back pumping crossovers
-3f just
-2a
-ends after music

She was really a journeywoman skater, but she held it together, kept training, didn't skip off to Bulgaria after her Olympic disappointment and helped the U.S. keep spots so :respec: to her.

tony

I had trouble scoring Kwiatkowski too. The exit of her flying spin was really an upright spin which she did for many years without seeming to get much of a deduction if at all (I'd think by now they would've stopped it if the judges were telling her this), and the footwork looked almost non-existent for the last 1/4.

C

casken

Kwiatkowski

.1 flutz
.1 turn between jumps
.1 break between steps before solo jump

Slow but polished. Kinda hard to judge?

5.3 5.5

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Sokolova - 5.3 / 5.6 Maybe I missed something, but I liked the heck out of this program. The choreography was cute and youthful without being childish or a caricature. She wuzz robbed by the judges.

Making a mistake and being Russia #3, most likely.

C

casken

I had trouble scoring Kwiatkowski too. The exit of her flying spin was really an upright spin which she did for many years without seeming to get much of a deduction if at all

Wasn't this speculated as to why her marks seemed low in the 96 world sp? Her layback turned into an upright spin and her flying spin turned into a scratch spin.

tony

Wasn't this speculated as to why her marks seemed low in the 96 world sp? Her layback turns into an upright spin and her flying spin turns into a scratch spin.

Yes, exactly. But if she continued to do it for that long, I'd think the judges were overlooking it/not making it a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information