FSU Watch Party Sunday #1: 1991 Worlds part 2 [12pm CDT/6pm CET]

S

SmallFairy

Look at these controversial figures...Senft and Martini. Senft whistleblowing AFTER she complied with the cheating but it didn't work out the way she wanted, and Martini who destroyed FSW by turning it to F$W.
So much DRAMA!

S

SmallFairy

What's these dancers music? I can never recall. Love the slow part.

S

SmallFairy

@alchemy void What's the content of tonights skating party. Pairs and ladies long program after dance, or did you watch pairs yesterday. Do you have an estimation on how long it lasts? (Just planning the rest of evening :) )

LeafOnTheWind

These are very hideous costumes. I think what makes it so bad is that he has severe cutoffs between the yellow shirt, brown ass and blue legs.

At least make the pants one color. :yikes:

VGThuy

Did Petr & Janoshak do any skating at all in dance hold? I'm not seeing any face to face except in the posing parts.

Dance holds in the FD were sort of dying thanks to the likes of the Duchesnays as more stage dancing styles were being used as opposed to ballroom. That’s why the ISU forced ice dance to go old school and boring after 1992z

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
@alchemy void What's the content of tonights skating party. Pairs and ladies long program after dance, or did you watch pairs yesterday. Do you have an estimation on how long it lasts? (Just planning the rest of evening :) )

Pairs LP was last night, I'm sorry. I'd guess maybe 1 hour, 20 minutes to go

Here's what's left for today:

Dance FD:
McDonald/Smith
Petr/Janoschak
Punsalan/Swallow
Grishuk/Platov
Usova/Zhulin
Duchesnay/Duchesnay
Klimova/Ponomarenko

Ladies LP:
Josee Chouinard
Surya Bonaly
Tonya Harding
Midori Ito
Nancy Kerrigan
Kristi Yamaguchi

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I never saw this before. 1991 Worlds really did have the best collection of free dances ever. To think the ISU wanted to go in a different direction because of this Worlds and the 1992 Olympics.

The creativity and variety is astounding.

VGThuy

The best thing about Punsalan/swallow’s FD is that Renee Roca and Gorsha Sur choreographed it and then in a few years when Sur had bilateral support from members of Congress to have his citizenship expedited for the 1994 Olympics to get the lone American spot, Punsalan/Swallow organized a letter-writing campaign to stop Sur from becoming a citizen.

S

SmallFairy

Pairs LP was last night, I'm sorry. I'd guess maybe 1 hour, 20 minutes to go

Here's what's left for today:

Dance FD:
McDonald/Smith
Petr/Janoschak
Punsalan/Swallow
Grishuk/Platov
Usova/Zhulin
Duchesnay/Duchesnay
Klimova/Ponomarenko

Ladies LP:
Josee Chouinard
Surya Bonaly
Tonya Harding
Midori Ito
Nancy Kerrigan
Kristi Yamaguchi
Thanks!!!

Sonata

I’m reminded why I didn’t like ice dance for a long time and why it was sometimes cringeworthy to watch. Yeah it’s fun but it was hard to defend and argue that it was a sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information