From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

I am sure the fact that Alina Z. is absolutely breathtaking to look at didn't hurt her chances to get a movie role.

I am sure all the injustice, hate and belittling that was done to her during the first 6-7 months after she won the Olympics, by parties interested and financially invested in "another girl winning", this movie role, and much more that will come her way this season, is just a small compensation of all she deserved during 1st season of being an Olympic Champion that was taken away from her.

If Kwan, Family and Co. ever "did" to Sarah Hughes to keep her off TV and out of equivalent of "Kellogg's Wheaties" for winning gold, compared to what was done to Zagitova in Russia and what was done to spread the negativity outside, there would be a major investigation of bribery, kick-backs and major corruption taking place immediately.
:D (it's all to come out eventually, i am sure. but there is an old rule - best punishment to offenders is success).

Spun Silver

It seems Trusova got her poodle. Congratulations, @rfisher, I know you were hoping for this. :) https://twitter.com/absoluteskating/status/1196127475396481024?s=19
Aw, Trusova got the same kind of poodle I have or, perhaps more to the point, the same kind as Mao Asada's Aero, a red toypoo. It's a wonderful breed, very sweet and cuddly. Some may be athletic (agility dogs) but I haven't seen any red ones like that.
Aero must be getting on now.

zoe111

I am sure all the injustice, hate and belittling that was done to her during the first 6-7 months after she won the Olympics, by parties interested and financially invested in "another girl winning", this movie role, and much more that will come her way this season, is just a small compensation of all she deserved during 1st season of being an Olympic Champion that was taken away from her.

If Kwan, Family and Co. ever "did" to Sarah Hughes to keep her off TV and out of equivalent of "Kellogg's Wheaties" for winning gold, compared to what was done to Zagitova in Russia and what was done to spread the negativity outside, there would be a major investigation of bribery, kick-backs and major corruption taking place immediately.
:D (it's all to come out eventually, i am sure. but there is an old rule - best punishment to offenders is success).
🙄🙄

Ka3sha

New interview with Evgenia Medvedeva, who turns 20 tomorrow

Found this translation on Twitter
After a short program at the Moscow Grand Prix in the mix zone, I asked you how long you intend to continue working in Canada. Your answer was "While the legs are walking, while the arms are moving." I even asked again, if you remember.
- The fact is that I found my place. With its problems and difficulties, but Toronto is really the place where I would like to work until the end of my career in women's single skating.
-And after that?
- I have many ways, many ideas. In my head there is no emptiness in this regard. There is plan A, plan B, depending on how it goes on. I think about the future, but as they say, if you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans. I don’t have that - "I don’t know what I will do after sports." I know what, and I will do more than now.
- Here, in Moscow, I heard a phrase from you: "Figure skating is my job." But it was not always like that.
-
It's true. But let's be honest. Now I live in Canada, and most of it - more precisely, most of the costs from my prize money are open numbers, everyone can see them on the website of the International Union of Skaters - I spend on accommodation, food, ice, and coaches. Everything is scheduled. So yes - this is my job. Many people, by the way, ask me a question: “Evgenia, you were third at the World Championships, - it's such money! Why don’t you allow yourself to go to Louis Vuitton or Chanel?” But my main clothes are still black leggings and a training jacket. I'd rather spend what I really need.
Didn’t you think about what would happen if you didn’t decide after the Olympics to go to Canada?
- I can’t even imagine it. Truly. Basically, I considered one way. More precisely, two - either finish everything, or leave for Canada. I decided in favor of Canada, and it was the sharpest turn in my life.
-Are you worried when you return to Russia?
- Now I'm used to it.
- Evgenia, I often recall the interview with your mother that we recorded back in Pyeongchang - right after your performance at the Olympics. There she said that you won your silver with a leg injury. Remember those times?
- Constantly. It will now stay with me forever. Like the eternal fear of serious injury. This is probably one of my most serious nightmares - trauma and lack of a chance for recovery. When you understand, you have to go out and fight, but in the end you will break. And in the literal sense. It's like jumping into the abyss, into the well. But you have to jump there. But that was exactly what I myself wanted. But now I have recovered, I am alive, everything is in order. Today I live listening to my body.
- Do you often hold those two Pyeongchang silver medals in your hands?
- I have them in Moscow, and yes - I hold them in my hands when I arrive. Because thanks to them, today I have what I have - amazing people nearby. But fate would have been different; I would never have met them.
- It turns out that what many then perceived as your personal tragedy turned your life upside down?
- I initially thought that for the worse, but you see how it turned out? The opposite is true.
-It has been a year and a half since the beginning of your collaboration with Brian. He initially declared that this time was required. And so it happened.
- I can’t say exactly why such a period was supposed by him. I just want everything here and now all the time. But in the end it happened as he said. I'm incredibly proud of what Brian and Tracy did for me. In general, it’s a big mystery to me how they tolerate me like that, but they continue to believe in me. But not every trainer will withstand so many difficulties with their athlete, will continue to walk, holding their hand along such a thorny path. We go together every day, and it's great. I really feel like Brian is very worried about me. It is enough to look at him in the corner of Kiss and Cry, how nervous he is. It means a lot.

Masaru2019

hello, I tried to send you a private message but the forum told me I could not. There were problems? I wanted to ask somethig about Alina and I think like you would now. I am her fan. (And Masaru‘s fan):)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Interview with Brian after COR

Brian Orser: Medvedeva has something to say, she skates with a certain message

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Brian worries about weight and notes that Med's physique is more womanly than Yuna's was (or so I take from the interview.) In other words, all the coaches have it in their minds, I think.

VenusH.

Alina Zagitova will have a part in a movie "Pal'ma'.

It is a small part, but she auditioned for it along with many actors and persons who own and love dogs. It was not "given to her" because of her sports accomplishments, but because she could sincerely feel "the love for animal".

The story is about: A man has to leave USSR (back in the 70's) to go live in another country. He can't take his dog with him and leave her with other people. The dog finds her way to the airport, and waits for her owner's return. The filming will take place in Russia and Japan.

I know when many people had to leave USSR in the 70's, some could not take their pets with them. It was very difficult for all of us who had pets. The friends and relatives of these people had to make a lot of efforts to reunite the pets with their families.

In USA specifically, it was very difficult to find an apartment in low budget areas, that would allow pets. Some families had to wait for years until they make money and can afford to have a say in where they live and bring their dogs and cats from USSR, Russia.. Some pets did not live that long and some where forgotten.

Alina Zagitova did not need acting lessons in this role.

(nor does Eteri when she pets and gives bits to the dogs on the streets for a publicity stunts or an advertising PR..... like some idiots on TSL claim)

:D

Lol that is going to be one goofy movie...

Imho she got the role because of her name... not many people would go watch movie about a dog, but film with olympian? It is gonna bring in larger audience. Good for her though.

Japanfan

Imho she got the role because of her name... not many people would go watch movie about a dog, but film with olympian? It is gonna bring in larger audience. Good for her though.

IDK - I think lots of people with children would go see a film about a dog or another animal (both non-animated and animated). Such films tend to do well.

Even I watch dog movies!

Finsta

Alina doesn’t seem to have an outgoing personality. Film seems an odd choice. But many Olympian’s get movie roles. Tara Lipinski. Sasha Cohen. Some parts for Michelle Kwan. It is getting more roles that will prove difficult. Most have talent and not just a name to keep getting roles

zebraswan

Ilia Kulik had a decent sized role in Center Stage, but it never happens that one of these athletes become major film stars. As soon as your sports career fades away, nobody will care any more.

starrynight

Athletes + Movies = Space Jam.

The awkward acting of basketball players ended up working. Iconic stuff. Looking forward to the new Space Jam coming out in a year or so.

starrynight

Wasn't Tessa Virtue also in a TV Movie about ice skating?

I think that Penny Coombes also got a cameo in the made for TV movie about Torvill/Dean too.

Tinami Amori

Lol that is going to be one goofy movie...
You must have missed few million-dollars grossing films, like "Marley and Me", "Beethoven", "Eight Below" and 50+ more, going back to Rin-Tin-Tin, Lassie, Benji.. ;) People love "animal sad story".
Alina got a role because of several advantages: her honest love of animals and dogs, which she showed back in juniors before she was famous, b) because she is very beautiful and photogenic... and! she did audition for the role (which is small).

You better work harder to find something "wrong" with Alina... :D

hello, I tried to send you a private message but the forum told me I could not. There were problems? I wanted to ask somethig about Alina and I think like you would now. I am her fan. (And Masaru‘s fan):)
:2faced:

Tinami Amori

Alina doesn’t seem to have an outgoing personality. Film seems an odd choice.
Alina had and has very outgoing personality.... until she started getting mentally and socially abused by "people interested in another girl winning". She is now careful about every word she says and how she holds herself.

At the Russian Cup just now her Shiseido display stand got "miraculously broken down".. And certain fans were gloating about it.... "Medfans broke Shiseido stand, oh... must have been an accident"..

Tinami Amori

Alexandra Trusova may have her 3A soon, after all.. she is practicing them, and on the floor... Looks like she did not get her new doggy for nothing... :lol:

Shiseido's official announcement of "Alina Red" limited edition, in japanese.

"Alina Zagitova is beautiful not only the appearance but also the inside. Alina is beauty role model of SHISEIDO." by SHISEIDO

Last edited:

greenapple

Michelle Kwan's late manager Shep Goldberg made all the investment decisions on her behalf, not her parents. Hopefully Alina has someone as smart as he was to look after her interests.

Finsta

I agree. All the talk of another girl supposedly sabotaging Zagitova. It sounds more like Zagitova family and agent weren’t doing a good job with her image. Everything was about how shy and temperamental she is. Never read she was outgoing. Then last season it was all about her mental struggles. This year it’s her skating for herself. Please don’t start more of the Medvedeva/Zagitova nonsense, but Zagitova agents failed her.

VenusH.

I agree. All the talk of another girl supposedly sabotaging Zagitova. It sounds more like Zagitova family and agent weren’t doing a good job with her image. Everything was about how shy and temperamental she is. Never read she was outgoing. Then last season it was all about her mental struggles. This year it’s her skating for herself. Please don’t start more of the Medvedeva/Zagitova nonsense, but Zagitova agents failed her.

I mean Zagitova said she has no friends and prefers animals and spent lot of time talking about her dog to the point of awkward.

It does not seem she is super outgoing.

Nothing wrong with being an introvert either. Not sure why are some trying to blame things for Alina not being super duper bubbly girl with thousands of friends... she seemed shy and introverted before all the "drama".

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:rofl: Seriously? She just got a lucrative contract with an upscale cosmetic company among others. I'd say her agents are doing just fine.

lily

I mean Zagitova said she has no friends and prefers animals and spent lot of time talking about her dog to the point of awkward.

It does not seem she is super outgoing.

Nothing wrong with being an introvert either. Not sure why are some trying to blame things for Alina not being super duper bubbly girl with thousands of friends... she seemed shy and introverted before all the "drama".

I doubt that both of you are aware enough of Zagitova's personality to make such careless comments.
And if she got that role in the movie - apparently she is good enough for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information