2019-20 GP Selection (19-20 June)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I wonder if Chartrand will be competing this year. She didn't even get Skate Canada yet Mallet got Skate America.

starrynight

Woah that ladies line up at Cup of China. Tursynbaeva, Tuktamysheva, Shcherbakova and Samodurova.

Not all Grand Prix events are made equal, I tell you. I'm not even sure how it's even fair that all those ladies ended up at the same event. Guess it's the way the rankings work.

But a shame those 4 ladies are all at the same event when other GPs are much wider open. It will have the impact of stopping Grand Prix Final qualification probably.

But I guess you never know how it all works out until it happens. Sometimes skaters nobody thought to be a threat play major spoiler and sometimes its the other way around.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Surprised to see Sima on there! Did we know she was getting one?

Well she was in the top 24 SB. Maria had a top 24 WR. Neither were put on the national team, but this proves that list is just for funding. Tarusina and Gubanova also had a top 24 SB, both on the national team, both got nothing.

skatingguy

decently
Did the Russian Ladies have max entries last year as well, or is this the first year that one country has done that in a discipline?

Stephanie

Well she was in the top 24 SB. Maria had a top 24 WR. Neither were put on the national team, but this proves that list is just for funding. Tarusina and Gubanova also had a top 24 SB, both on the national team, both got nothing.

Tarusina and Gubanova are young enough to still do the JGP this season so I guess they are being pushed back there.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
@rfisher Gubanova got nothing (((hugs)))).
:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed And WHY Skate gods WHY does Konstantinova get 2 and Sakanovich gets 1! :mad: I officially hate skating. That slot for Sima should have been Nasitias. That's OK honey, you slay at the challenger and Russian cup events and :kickass: at Nationals. You show them.

Now, I'll have to hope one of them drops out. I get that the RuFed put their weaker skaters at events they want to favor a skater who actually has a chance at the GPF, but Gubanova fit that bill as well as ThatStasiaGirl, Sima or even Maria. :(

Last edited:

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
This is probably the best GP lineup I've seen in a while. There isn't a discipline or event that feels like a clunker in the way last year's were (some of those events were just painful to watch). I... can't believe the ISU got something right?

My only real complaint is that Skate America falls during the same timeframe as the ISU's International Adult competition in Lake Placid, so some of us can't make the trip to Vegas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information