U.S. Ice Dance 2018-19 season news & updates

rinkside

Per her IG, Pogrebinsky has moved back to CA and is attending school full-time. Sounds like she is majoring in kinesiology/exercise science and she seems very happy.
Efimova lived with Ellie and her mom when she was in Novi. She is very familiar with Petrov.

just wondering

I heard the same as @insideedgeua about Harris & Bye from an extremely reliable source who has seen them. I presume they'll represent Australia, too. Holly's certainly expressive, and it will be exciting for them to build some depth in the Australian Ice Dance field.

Creative pairing idea for Alexander Petrov: What about Livvy Shilling? Her skill set would translate quite well to dance. She has strong blade work and typically rocks the footwork section in her programs. Few competitors outscore her there. Plus, she can "bring it" in a variety of programs, and her style does not seem to be over-represented in dance.

jlai

Question everything
There are links in the thread. Some of them don't work. So I suggest trying each one to see which one does.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
US Figure Skating FanZone has an article on the Greens that discusses their early season struggle with Caroline's illness.

She came down with pneumonia and was off the ice completely for two weeks.

But even after she resumed training, something wasn't right.

"We were training but it never really got to the point where we could actually train," Caroline said. "It was always just skating around and just trying to do certain elements."

Caroline went back to the doctor and found out that she had a lingering infection that would require antibiotics and a much more gradual return to the ice. In total, she estimates she spent two months completely off the ice.

It's amazing how far they've come since losing a lot of training time.

Moustaffask8r

Can someone confirm entries for next year per country in Ice Dance
USA/Canada/ Russia : 3
France / Italy / Poland/ Spain / GBR: 2 ?

Colonel Green

Can someone confirm entries for next year per country in Ice Dance
USA/Canada/ Russia : 3
France / Italy / Poland/ Spain / GBR: 2 ?
3 spots requires top two with placements equal to 13 or less, so: Russia, USA, Canada
2 spots requires placements equal to 28 or less, or top ten (if only one entry): France, Italy

The Polish, Spanish and British teams needed a top ten finish to get two spots.

Lacey

Finally saw the Worlds Rhythm Dance.

Maddie and Zach are such beautiful, strong and stylish dancers, they moved seamlessly and really put on a performance, GREAT JOB.

Can't wait to see the Free Dance.

Princessroja

Oh, I *really* hope it's true that Holly Harris and Logan Bye are 1) a team and 2) representing Australia. I have followed Holly closely for the last few years and miss seeing her skate very much. She'd be brilliant as a dancer.

Moustaffask8r

Oh, I *really* hope it's true that Holly Harris and Logan Bye are 1) a team and 2) representing Australia. I have followed Holly closely for the last few years and miss seeing her skate very much. She'd be brilliant as a dancer.
Problem is will USFS release Logan. Even if he was out the past year, he received quite a lot of money from USFS not only envelope but also scholarship!

jiejie

Problem is will USFS release Logan. Even if he was out the past year, he received quite a lot of money from USFS not only envelope but also scholarship!

I think they will. I think Logan is aging out of juniors and US senior ice dance is so deep with talented couples and probably will remain so for at least the life of Logan's future dance career. The money he's received in the past from USFS is a sunk cost, and at any rate I don't think Lewis/Bye were ever higher than Envelope C which isn't all that much money. IMO, there is nothing to be gained except petty spite if they refuse to release Logan.

Princessroja

I think/hope they will. USFS seems pretty good about releasing skaters, and like jiejie says, there's SO many ice dance teams right now. I'm sure they're humans as well as officials ;) and know perfectly well what little chance he has in the US. Better for him if he can go be successful somewhere else!

eurodance2001

I think/hope they will. USFS seems pretty good about releasing skaters, and like jiejie says, there's SO many ice dance teams right now. I'm sure they're humans as well as officials ;) and know perfectly well what little chance he has in the US. Better for him if he can go be successful somewhere else!

I would hope they've changed their ways after the Morgan Matthews debacle of the last decade.

Dobre

I would hope they've changed their ways after the Morgan Matthews debacle of the last decade.

Logan doesn't have a Junior World or 4CC medal. He has a JGP medal. Keegan & Piper both had stronger resumes. I think they would let Logan go if the partnership works out. We'll give it time and see if the athletes feel it is when the new season rolls around.

euterpe

I believe Morgan Matthews was trying to switch to Canada, a strong US rival in ice dance.

Australian ice dance is nowhere near the level of Canada. There really isn't any reason to hold onto Logan.

Moustaffask8r

I think they will. I think Logan is aging out of juniors and US senior ice dance is so deep with talented couples and probably will remain so for at least the life of Logan's future dance career. The money he's received in the past from USFS is a sunk cost, and at any rate I don't think Lewis/Bye were ever higher than Envelope C which isn't all that much money. IMO, there is nothing to be gained except petty spite if they refuse to release Logan.
He received scholarship also whitch is a lot of money. I don't think it has anything to do with US field when it come to deciding if they release someone or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information