Skate America 2018 goes back to Everett, Washington

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Ouch, that's a horrible schedule for the Ice dancers :(
RD last thing on the Saturday (10:30pm) , then having to be up for a 7:15am practice.
Let's hope they are housed very close to the rink.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Ouch, that's a horrible schedule for the Ice dancers :(
RD last thing on the Saturday (10:30pm) , then having to be up for a 7:15am practice.
Let's hope they are housed very close to the rink.

It is brutal! Thankfully, the host hotel is less than a mile from the rink.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Still unsure if I should go. Family wedding that weekend but I’d rather be at SA...

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Got an email this afternoon saying that tickets are being mailed out starting this week.

Don't see any mention of a title sponsor, though....

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I have not yet received my tickets, I suppose I will get them this week.

Also I am planning on driving back home after the competitions, that will be some late drives, ugh (I am about an hour away)

manhn

My email reads that "If you selected mail, your tickets are being mailed this week. If you do not receive your tickets by Thursday, October 11 please call the Box Office at 425.322.2645 ext. 6. "

I always pick up tickets at the arena. I tend to get scared that I will lose my tickets somehow, or they get confiscated by the airport or border security.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
My email reads that "If you selected mail, your tickets are being mailed this week. If you do not receive your tickets by Thursday, October 11 please call the Box Office at 425.322.2645 ext. 6. "

I always pick up tickets at the arena. I tend to get scared that I will lose my tickets somehow, or they get confiscated by the airport or border security.

I didn't even get that email? Oh well. I'll panic in 2 weeks :D.

PeterG

There's too many fans in the stands in airport and border security uniforms to not be concerned about confiscation.

TanithandBenFan

I have one All Event ticket for sale for $100 ($75 off the face value). Section 118 row 11, judges side.

jkl

Does anyone know if the Arena will have free public wifi during Skate America? I have left two voice mails that have not been returned and emailed once and gotten no response. Not impressed.:rolleyes:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
British Columbia residents who will be at Skate America on Saturday (October 20) - don't forget that day is municipal election day. If you're heading to the US before the polls open, or if you're going down for the whole weekend, be sure to vote in the advance polls before you leave. The dates/times of the advance polls should be on your city's or region's website - some areas are having the advance polls more than a week ahead of election day, so check the site ASAP. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain for the next three years ;)

Last edited:

jkl

Does anyone know if the Arena will have free public wifi during Skate America? I have left two voice mails that have not been returned and emailed once and gotten no response. Not impressed.:rolleyes:
Guess What! The Arena just called me back (do you suppose they read FSU?). USFS has not given them approval to provide wifi during the event. They hope to know something next week.

manhn

I wonder why the arena needs USFSA's approval. I guess they normally don't provide WiFi for their other events, ie. concerts, hockey games, etc.?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I wonder why the arena needs USFSA's approval. I guess they normally don't provide WiFi for their other events, ie. concerts, hockey games, etc.?

It might have something to do with the arena's policies on recording or photography. Also if the event is being televised live I would guess that USFS would not want people doing their own online streaming.

nguyhm

It might have something to do with the arena's policies on recording or photography. Also if the event is being televised live I would guess that USFS would not want people doing their own online streaming.
If I remember correctly Wifi was available at Skate America in 2016 so I hope USFS has not recently changed their rules to restrict streaming from the arena.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Looking at the schedule for SKAM I notice competitions will be held on the Sunday. Is this the first time events are on a Sunday? I dont ever recall that.... Usually it was just for exhibit.

Can you believe we are just 2 weeks out???

HOLLERRRR!!!!

Go Bradie!!!!! :cheer::cheer:

TanithandBenFan

Looking at the schedule for SKAM I notice competitions will be held on the Sunday. Is this the first time events are on a Sunday? I dont ever recall that.... Usually it was just for exhibit.

Can you believe we are just 2 weeks out???

HOLLERRRR!!!!

Go Bradie!!!!! :cheer::cheer:

They've done Sunday events for all except one year (2015) of the past ten years or so.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Thanks guys... I dont know why I thought that...

I remember going to SkAms 03 and 04 and 05 And like Dance CD and Pairs SP would start on Thursday evening!!! Was very exciting!

Pittsburgh was the best... Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim were in my hotel, I saw them Thursday after the SP in lobby. Tracy Wilson, Peggy Flemming in the coffee shop of my hotel. And then I sat next to Peter Carruthers on flight back to Los Angeles.

And then of course I bumrushed everyone from Tan and Ben, to Peter Tcheryhcnev, Frank Carroll, Julia Sebestyen, Miki Ando, Alissa Czisny! I GOT IT DONE!

At one practice I even sat next to Josee Chouinard. How random was that?

And of course going to practices and talking and having photographs with the best figure skater ever to grace planet Earth, Miss Angela Nikodinov!!!

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
If anyone wants to stay at the official hotel, rooms opened up at a AAA rate of $209 per night for Oct 19-22.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/seavt-delta-hotels-seattle-everett/

They are showing $206 now for 10/19-22(earlier they showed $156) . It is $224 for 10/19-21, which is what I want.

I may consider. If I feel like splurging, I can still cancel the BW Cascadia reservation which is a lot less. It is for only two nights, so the difference won't be too much. I think the last event ends early evening on Sunday. I never like attending galas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information