Skate America 2018 goes back to Everett, Washington

Dee2e

Section 106 Row 1! Score!
Air booked.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I better buy my tickets soon. I almost forgot about it.

I made reservations at the Best Western for Oct 19,20,21 as soon as I found out that SA will be in Everett. I am thinking of moving to the Seattle area, but haven't started the job search yet. If I do move there, i may cancel my reservations, depending on where I will be living.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Yeah GPF in Vancouver isnt exactly close to me but I'd be willing to treck there. At least Vancouver is worth going to. Regina was....well.. I'll just leave it at that lol.

GPF in Vancouver is definitely on my list. Will have to check the finances though. With air and hotel it could be quite expensive, and it is just two months after SA.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just bought my ticket. Section 108 Row 7.
I had wanted the $250 ticket but the best it could give me was Row 5. I felt it was not worth it. If i got row 1 or 2, I would have bought it. In any case it was good to save money because their extra charges really raise the prices. Will try for a better seat at GPF.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Just bought my ticket. Section 108 Row 7.
I had wanted the $250 ticket but the best it could give me was Row 5. I felt it was not worth it. If i got row 1 or 2, I would have bought it. In any case it was good to save money because their extra charges really raise the prices. Will try for a better seat at GPF.

GPF is almost sold out. Only seats are up in the corners. It remains to be seen if they will offer individual event tickets.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
GPF is almost sold out. Only seats are up in the corners. It remains to be seen if they will offer individual event tickets.

I can't access this through ticketmaster. My domain is for ticketmaster.com and it does not recognize Vancouver, ca as a location.

ETA - After a lot of struggle I was able to buy an all events ticket. After 3 iterations and being timed out, I ginally chose the Print at home because the mailing option was not working for me. They kept showing Canada in the address even though I was selecting the USA. It kept shiwing my old credit card and it was not easy to add a new one. It was very frustrating.

It seems the tickets are not released yet. Unless i can print from my work computer, it is going be difficult to have them in my hands. I didn't want the Will call option, just in case I cannot make it to the GPF, and have to sell the ticket to someone.

I can't believe they started the GPF tickets in January! Way before the SA tickets.

It is Not a good seat (row 18 in 111- corner section) but it was the best available. I bought the Superfan packet for $75 because i am likely to buy these items later, so why not now?

The next question is what are the closest hotels from this arena walking distance)? I have never been to the UBC campus. I should make the hotel reservations ASAP. Will check hotels.com very soon.

ETA- Checked hotels.com. It seems there is no hotel within walking distance. They all are at least 5-6 miles from the campus, but may be the arena is somewhere else? I hope there will be buses.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
ALL-SESSION TICKETS ON SALE FOR 2018 SKATE AMERICA: http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=91418&type=media
(3/29/18) - All-session tickets for 2018 Skate America are on sale now. Skate America, the first of six stops in the International Skating Union (ISU) Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, will take place Oct. 19-21 at Angel Of The Winds Arena in Everett, Washington.

All-session ticket packages, which include access to all five sessions and practice sessions, start at $125 and are available at www.2018skateamerica.com/tickets, the Angel Of The Winds Arena box office, or by calling 1-866-332-8499. Additional taxes and fees may apply.

2018 Skate America Schedule
Friday, Oct. 19
Ticket Session 1 – Pairs short program and men’s short program

Saturday, Oct. 20
Ticket Session 2 – Pairs free skate and men’s free skate
Ticket Session 3 – Ladies short program and short dance

Sunday, Oct. 21
Ticket Session 4 – Free dance and ladies free skate
Ticket Session 5 – Skating Spectacular

PeterG

2018 Skate America Schedule
Friday, Oct. 19
Ticket Session 1 – Pairs short program and men’s short program

Saturday, Oct. 20
Ticket Session 2 – Pairs free skate and men’s free skate
Ticket Session 3 – Ladies short program and short dance

Sunday, Oct. 21
Ticket Session 4 – Free dance and ladies free skate
Ticket Session 5 – Skating Spectacular

Grand Prix events don't allow people to watch practise sessions on the Thursday before the event begins? The first thing any of us can attend is the first event? I was wondering if I should book a hotel room for Thursday night in case I would be able to watch practise sessions on the Thursday before the event begins.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Grand Prix events don't allow people to watch practise sessions on the Thursday before the event begins? The first thing any of us can attend is the first event? I was wondering if I should book a hotel room for Thursday night in case I would be able to watch practise sessions on the Thursday before the event begins.

The Thursday practices at SA have always been open to the public. :)

SkateSand

Cat Servant

It says right on this page - in bold - that all event tickets include practice sessions from Thursday through Saturday, which is pretty much the way it always has been. The only sticky practices have been on Sunday when they don't want you watching the gala practices.

https://www.2018skateamerica.com/tickets

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I just checked the link and pretended to buy two tickets (I already have mine) - it worked for me. Did you click on the link posted in Post 115?

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I just checked the link and pretended to buy two tickets (I already have mine) - it worked for me. Did you click on the link posted in Post 115?

Thank you - I think for some reason the ticket site was blocked at my work? (which is odd, afaik they are not very stringent)
I can make it work from home.

sk9tingfan

Just spent about 3 hours of my time changing my outbound flights and hotel reservations because Delta changed my flight times out of Boston to Seattle as well as the other direction. And, they did not even send me a notification of flight time changes. It was my neuroticism that made me check my flights on their website and saw the little green notification of that change. However, their customer service people were nice about my requests for changes and did not charge me. It would be nice for a change to feel relaxed and good about a vacation instead of stressed. Really looking forward to this event!

Carolla5501

Just spent about 3 hours of my time changing my outbound flights and hotel reservations because Delta changed my flight times out of Boston to Seattle as well as the other direction. And, they did not even send me a notification of flight time changes. It was my neuroticism that made me check my flights on their website and saw the little green notification of that change. However, their customer service people were nice about my requests for changes and did not charge me. It would be nice for a change to feel relaxed and good about a vacation instead of stressed. Really looking forward to this event!

Keep checking, you have a lot of time left. Delta (or any airline) can make several changes between now nad then.

A couple of notes on "notification" they send them out in order of "effected" which means that if you aren't flying until October you are low on their list. You will get notified but it might be several months from now :)

For those of you that haven't booked flights SW has a 3 day sale starting today that might work out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information