From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Daria Panenkova has left Tutberidze
https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180725/1139722094.html

Gleikhengauz:
Panenkova once again refused to come on the ice, and said that she didn’t want to train that day. She has been told by Eteri Georgiyevna (Tutberidze) that either she comes to the ice or she leaves the group. It is remarkable that she was with her mother on that day. They have preferred to leave.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Exactly. I know enough about Sergei, trust me...he does not have a "stage mother" like some other skaters. I'd never heard mention of her until Eteri went on her rant. Guess that was the only low hanging fruit she could find to bash him. Oh, she also accused him of having a tantrum because Adian was skating to some music he wanted to use.

Thanks for all the clarifying. Yeah, every time a skater leaves her, you can prepare for some low blows. We'll be hearing crap about Panenkova next.

S

SmallFairy

I have a hard time believing Silver Fox/grandpa Voronov is anything but the totally nicest guy. Everything I read about him, that's what it says, and that's how he appears too. He went through a lot of coaches, but still... I can't even believe he was with Eteri at one point:p

hanca

Values her privacy
Why would you bother to come to the rink if you were not going to skate?
It is only one side of the story and doesn’t really say anything. If she bothered to get to the rink, one would think that she had intention of going on the ice. So the question is what really happened in between the time she arrived at the rink and the time she refused to get on. If there were for example nasty words towards her or shouting involved, Gleikhengauz forgot to mention it in his side of the story, but one doesn’t bother to travel and then not skate. She would call sick or phone with any other excuse if she didn’t want to come and skate.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I'm excited to see what different coaches can do with Tarakanova, Panenkova, and Tsurskaya. Team Eteri did a good job of disguising her skaters' weaknesses, but I hope that the new coaches can address and fix some of them. Though I'm not sure Plushenko is the best choice to fix Tarakanova's flailing, and of course, Tsurskaya has no flaws! :p

Tinami Amori

Maybe Panenkova was bringing Eteri flowers? :saint:;)
No flowers... they were all at a training camp at Novogorsk, for 4 weeks, the whole group. Panenkova left 1 day before the training ended, on July 22nd. She was skating all 4 weeks, less 1 day, and had all her SP and FS programmes done already. The gossip is (from russian site) that Panenkova had a fight with another girl, probably a day or so before, and did not want to be on the same ice with her (pls note it is a gossip, not an eyewitness comment).

Ilya Skirda already spilled the beans and said in his "ask feed" that she is moving to CSKA. The guesses are not to Boyanova, since she already has a bottle-neck.

Though I'm not sure Plushenko is the best choice to fix Tarakanova's flailing, and of course, Tsurskaya has no flaws! :p
Tarakanova may get a chance to be "wild and crazy" at Plushenko's camp, and that can be inspiring to her.
Tsurskaya, my big IMO - should not be skating on this level competitively. given the "discussions at the rinks she skated at", her back/spine is a big issue. I'd rather she went to college and skated in shows, or switched to dance.... or at least went to Grand-Pa Mishin who can "gently work on her jumps in the old fashion way".

lala

Plush and Nastya same type of skaters this was my first thought: fast, full of energy and passion.. I believe they will work together succesfully

Mad for Skating

I have a hard time believing Silver Fox/grandpa Voronov is anything but the totally nicest guy. Everything I read about him, that's what it says, and that's how he appears too. He went through a lot of coaches, but still... I can't even believe he was with Eteri at one point:p

He's always seemed like a cool guy to me! Competitive but also very nice and sportsmanlike.

F. Klimov is found with Enbert in No. Italy (training camp):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlqQG-jj6n3/?taken-by=insdel777

Tarakanova is seen practicing her programme in training Camp in Bulgaria (Plush camp).
Music is said to be by "Imagine Dragons".
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlqPEsWnkXC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=pmkdj6nkv1kk

Well there goes my hope about Ksenia and Fedor getting back together. Klimov and Enbert for same-sex pairs?

zebraswan

He is :) There were circumstances beyond his control in many of the cases where he left the coach, save for Urmanov. With Eteri I think the writing was on the wall, he was never going to be a priority for her. It's telling that she doesn't keep any adult skaters around for long (apart from her pet Moris). If you have a mind of your own then you are far less likely to be ok with being treated like nothing more than "material" for someone's factory (her own words).

Mad for Skating

Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov talk about switching coaches to Maxim Trankov, about the Olympic year and the upcoming season: https://goldenskate.com/2018/07/tarasova-and-morozov-aim-for-top-with-new-coach-maxim-trankov/

Plus as a little extra you can find out in the video blitz if they like the same things or not: https://youtu.be/jbGDZ3sRTc0 ;-)

They're so cute! It'll be interesting to see how Trankov manages as a coach and what programs he can give them, I'm hoping for something like a Romeo and Juliet.

I would've never known her nose had been broken, she always looks so pretty ❤️ Evgenia and Eric Radford, queen and king of looking gorgeous after nose mishaps!

3T3T

I am a big fan of T/M, I really hope the move to Trankov works for them but I am glad Robin and Peter T are still involved. They got so much hate last year, which I felt was very unfair. IMO they are one of the few tops pairs where both skaters are of equally high ability.

I have lost count of the number of times I have watched their short programme from last season, for me it’s a real masterclss in Pairs skating. Wishing them all the best for the upcoming season.

Mad for Skating

I am a big fan of T/M, I really hope the move to Trankov works for them but I am glad Robin and Peter T are still involved. They got so much hate last year, which I felt was very unfair. IMO they are one of the few tops pairs where both skaters are of equally high ability.

I have lost count of the number of times I have watched their short programme from last season, for me it’s a real masterclss in Pairs skating. Wishing them all the best for the upcoming season.

Yes, they're really some of the most talented teams right now. I was a little frustrated with all the crap they got about Candyman - nobody ever DIED from a bad program! Hopefully they can get something beautiful like their Olympic SP again.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Yes, they're really some of the most talented teams right now. I was a little frustrated with all the crap they got about Candyman - nobody ever DIED from a bad program! Hopefully they can get something beautiful like their Olympic SP again.

Wait, we don't get to criticize a bad program unless it kills somebody? Well, that's going to make for an interesting season . . . :lol:

muffinplus

Darya Panenkova came "to say good-by and to thank the team with big gratitude (Eteri, Sergey, Daniil) for all the work and all they have done for her. She wishes them luck and success in their work". Her next step (if she will continue to skate and where) is not announced.

:encore::encore::encore::respec:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlzdAkfDoEd/?taken-by=darya__panenkova

She didn't say anywhere in that post she had come to say good bye in person though. This is just an Instagram post in which she said thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information