2017 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

PeterG

about 12 minutes in (if you have it on DVR) ...... When they are in the car and Kate says she forgot to put Louie in his cage and he'll pee on the carpet. Rebecca says it doesn't matter. Kate says, and I quote, "I don't want him anymore anyway. I'm gonna ask around and see if anyone wants to take a dog". :mad:

Getting rid of the dog? Really? Unless that is somehow redeemed in future scenes .... dead.to.me. :mad:

I don't think that was Kate talking. It was her grief.

Jenny

From the Bloc
For those not watching This is Us :lol: I recently found a great crime series - just finished the first season, starting on the second, happy to hear that third has been filmed and will be available later this year.

It's a Canadian (very Canadian, not even trying to pretend otherwise) crime drama called Cardinal, based on a series of novels by Giles Blunt that I read some years ago and really enjoyed. Excellent writing, acting, very atmospheric, very gritty if you like that kind of thing. Fans of True Detective (the first season more so) and The Killing will likely enjoy it.

Tesla

Whippet Good
For those not watching This is Us :lol: I recently found a great crime series - just finished the first season, starting on the second, happy to hear that third has been filmed and will be available later this year.

It's a Canadian (very Canadian, not even trying to pretend otherwise) crime drama called Cardinal, based on a series of novels by Giles Blunt that I read some years ago and really enjoyed. Excellent writing, acting, very atmospheric, very gritty if you like that kind of thing. Fans of True Detective (the first season more so) and The Killing will likely enjoy it.
I have this in my Hulu list. :) I watch a lot of Nordic noir, so this might be right up my alley.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I have this in my Hulu list. :) I watch a lot of Nordic noir, so this might be right up my alley.

It's very "nordic" - takes place in the fictional Algonquin Bay, which is quite obviously North Bay, Ontario, in the dead of winter. Like I said, very atmospheric. :)

Do share what you think of it!

Skate Talker

Last year after realizing Cardinal is one case for a full season, as well as being very dark, I decided to give it a skip. This year I started watching the first episode of the season and found it quite good though very dark. As the episode went on, I was wondering why I hadn't watched season 1, then realized anew that it would be a full season of the same case and just how brutal it was going to be. Sadly, I once again decided it is not for me at this point in my life.

manhn

The Canadian drama I am following is Burden of Proof. Cheesey, but I enjoy the mystery. I have always liked Kristin Kreuk.

Skate Talker

Actually it's called Burden of Truth. I am PVRing that one for later.

I'm also looking forward to another new CBC show - Caught - which will premiere Monday Feb 26 starring Allan Hawco, (formerly of Republic of Doyle), as one of the 2(?) main characters.

Jenny

From the Bloc
@Skate Talker yes it's pretty dark at times, as are the books. He's one of those writers, a bit like Lee Child's Reacher series, where you are happily reading along and then suddenly in the middle of the book there is a truly awful scene that's hard to get past. Not my favourite thing either, but the rest of the writing (and the show) make up for it. Felt that way about the first season of True Detective as well - much of it was freaky gruesome, but the writing/acting/plot/atmosphere was so incredible it made up for it for me.

Will check into Burden of Truth as well - my mother was raving about it the other day, in the same conversation where I recommended that she not watch Cardinal :) Will keep an eye out for Caught too.

I'm also enjoying Canadian comedy very much right now - the new season of Schitt's Creek has me :lol: while at the same time very much attached to the characters; Baroness Von Sketch is a really fresh and fun female-skewed skit series (currently in late night reruns); and we also like Mr. D - not something we'd normally watch and it took a few eps to get into it, but now we are looking forward to the next season.

Schitt’s Creek is awesome. Somehow they’ve managed to make some pretty unlikeable characters on paper into people you care about.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday February 11/2018 - Saturday February 17/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, February 11
7 p.m. - KILLING VERSACE: THE HUNT FOR A SERIAL KILLER - Oxygen
8 p.m. - OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT - Showtime
9 p.m. - Homeland Season 7 - Showtime

Monday, February 12
8 p.m. - Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Midseason Premiere - The CW

Tuesday, February 13
9 p.m. - Chip and Joanna's Family Garden Project - HGTV

Wednesday, February 14
12:01 a.m. PT - THIS CLOSE - Sundance Now

Friday, February 16
12:01 a.m. PT - Mozart in the Jungle Season 4 - Amazon

Please post any updates I may have missed.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday February 18/2018 - Saturday February 24/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, February 18
12:01 a.m. PT - THE JOEL MCHALE SHOW WITH JOEL MCHALE - Netflix
9 p.m. - When Calls the Heart Season 5 - Hallmark

Monday, February 19
9 p.m. - Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Midseason Premiere - Disney XD

Wednesday, February 21
10:30 p.m. - HOLLYWOOD LOVE STORY - Vice

Friday, February 23
12:01 a.m. PT - THE TICK Season 1 Midseason Premiere - Amazon (Episodes 7-12 Available All At Once)
12:01 a.m. PT - SEVEN SECONDS - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - UGLY DELICIOUS - Netflix

BaileyCatts

Good Girls looks promising, so I'll start up with that one. I caught the first airing of AP Bio before the Olympics started and it was snarky funny. I hope it holds up. Now that Olympics is almost over all my shows starting back up again ... and I don't remember anything about what's happening on any of them. They need to rerun all the last episodes before Olympics started so we can catch up! :lol:

Susan1

Good Girls looks promising, so I'll start up with that one. I caught the first airing of AP Bio before the Olympics started and it was snarky funny. I hope it holds up. Now that Olympics is almost over all my shows starting back up again ... and I don't remember anything about what's happening on any of them. They need to rerun all the last episodes before Olympics started so we can catch up! :lol:

I saw that Designated Survivor is back this week. And I remembered why I don't want to watch it. This Is Us didn't make me cry. Designated Survivor did and will.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday February 25/2018 - Saturday March 03/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, February 25
9 p.m. - The Walking Dead Season 8 Midseason Premiere - AMC
9 p.m. - Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 3 - Starz
10 p.m. - Talking Dead Season 7 Midseason Premiere - AMC

Monday, February 26
12 a.m. - Comic Book Men Season 7 Midseason Premiere - AMC
8 p.m. - The Voice Season 14 - NBC
9 p.m. - iZombie Season 4 - The CW
9:30 p.m. - LIVING BIBLICALLY - CBS
10 p.m. - GOOD GIRLS - NBC
10 p.m. - Unreal Season 3 - Lifetime
10 p.m. - MCMAFIA - AMC
10 p.m. - SHOOT THE MESSENGER - WGN America
10:30 p.m. - FINAL SPACE - TBS

Tuesday, February 27
8 p.m. - The Voice Season 14 - NBC (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - The Big Interview with Dan Rather - AXS TV
10 p.m. - UNSOLVED: THE MURDERS OF TUPAC AND THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. - USA

Wednesday, February 28
12:01 a.m. PT - THE LOOMING TOWER - Hulu
8 p.m. - Survivor Season 36 - CBS (Two-Hour Season Premiere)
10 p.m. - Designated Survivor Season 2 Midseason Premiere - ABC

Thursday, March 1
8 p.m. - Gotham Season 4 Midseason Premiere - Fox
9 p.m. - SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO - Fox
9:30 p.m. - A.P. BIO (Time Slot Premiere) - NBC
10 p.m. - MUSIC CITY - CMT
10 p.m. - Atlanta Robbin' Season - FX

Friday, March 2
12:01 a.m. PT - FLINT TOWN - Netflix
8 p.m. - Once Upon A Time Season 7 Midseason Premiere - ABC
8 p.m. - MasterChef Junior Season 6 - Fox

Susan1

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 04/2018 - Saturday March 10/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, March 4
12:01 a.m. PT - The Good Fight Season 2 - CBS All Access
8 p.m. - The 90th Annual Academy Awards - ABC
Wednesday, March 7
12:01 a.m. PT - HARD SUN - Hulu (All Season 1 Episodes Available)
9 p.m. - LIFE SENTENCE - The CW
10 p.m. - Hap & Leonard Season 3 - Sundance
Thursday, March 8
12:01 a.m. PT - Jessica Jones Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - THE OATH - Hulu (All Season 1 Episodes Available)
Friday, March 9
12:01 a.m. PT - Love Season 3 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - LADIES FIRST - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Sneaky Pete Season 2 - Amazon
8 p.m. - Dynasty (New Night) - The CW

olympic

OMG

I discovered Berlin Babylon on Netflix. Guys, this is probably the most riveting show.

It is a German production (English subtitles) that has been released in the UK and US (via Netflix). It is a twisty murder mystery set amidst 1929 Berlin. The acting is amazing, the plot is complex, and IMO t does an excellent job of capturing Germany's Weimar Republic.

It currently has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes w/ critics from different countries.

PeterG

I enjoyed (as always) last night's episode of This Is Us. Looks like Deja will be a part of the Pearson family for a while now, considering the whole episode was her backstory. Disappointed in Randall and Beth, though. When they mentioned to Deja's mother that they're doing some work with the basement, I expected the two of them to discuss letting Deja and her mother live in the fixed-up basement. But instead of helping out the Mom, they basically said, "yup, we'll take your kid from you". So selfish and self-absorbed... :(

Allskate

I enjoyed (as always) last night's episode of This Is Us. Looks like Deja will be a part of the Pearson family for a while now, considering the whole episode was her backstory. Disappointed in Randall and Beth, though. When they mentioned to Deja's mother that they're doing some work with the basement, I expected the two of them to discuss letting Deja and her mother live in the fixed-up basement. But instead of helping out the Mom, they basically said, "yup, we'll take your kid from you". So selfish and self-absorbed...

I don't think it's "self-absorption." They believe that Deja's mother is a bad mother for reasons that go far beyond not being able to pay the gas bill. And Deja's mother didn't say she was leaving because she was broke or couldn't afford rent. Randall and Beth worry about Deja. But, there are just too many similarities between Deja's mother and Randall's biological father. I would bet money on Randall having a conversation at some point with Rebecca about the role of Deja's mother. Randall got mad at Rebecca for not including his biological father in his life. He's going to think about that with Deja.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 11/2018 - Saturday March 17/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, March 11
8 p.m. - American Idol Revival - ABC
8 p.m. - iHeartRadio Music Awards - TBS, TNT & truTV
8 p.m. - Food Paradise Season 11 - Travel Channel
9 p.m. - The Arrangement Season 2 - E!
9 p.m. - Wicked Tuna Season 11 - NatGeo
10 p.m. - Timeless Season 2 - NBC
10 p.m. - The Royals Season 4 - E!
10 p.m. - Bar Rescue Season 6 - Paramount
10 p.m. - Naked & Afraid Season 9 - Discovery
10 p.m. - POPE: THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN HISTORY - CNN
10:01 p.m. - DECEPTION - ABC

Monday, March 12
8 p.m. - American Idol Revival - ABC (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - Mary Kills People Season 2 - Lifetime

Tuesday, March 13
12:01 p.m. - RICKY GERVAIS: HUMANITY - Netflix
9 p.m. - Big Interview with Dan Rather Season 6 - AXS TV
9 p.m. - THE ZIMMERN LIST - Travel Channel
10 p.m. - RISE - Fox (Special Preview Episode)
10 p.m. - FOR THE PEOPLE - ABC
10 p.m. - The Book of John Gray Season 2 - OWN

Thursday, March 15
9 p.m. - Flip or Flop Vegas Season 2 - HGTV

Friday, March 16
12:01 a.m. PT - ON MY BLOCK - Netflix (Episodes 1-10 Available)
12:01 a.m. PT - WILD WILD COUNTRY - Netflix (Episodes 1-6 available)
9 p.m. - THE SECRET LIFE OF KIDS - USA

Saturday, March 17
10 p.m. - CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR: SEX & LOVE AROUND THE WORLD - CNN

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I thought Timeless was fantastic last night. The Time Team still has awesome chemistry (loved the nods towards their cancelled/uncancelled journey last year, LOL) and I feel like they have S2 set up to be really intense and fascinating. I'm all ready anxious to see what's next! :cheer:

BaileyCatts

Has anyone been watching Good Girls? I really like this show. Several interesting family stories, good comedic timing and chemistry with the actors. Oh sure its a little silly these women actually got away with ripping off the grocery, stealing the car (really? no surveillance?) ... and how they get outta Canada after Ruby shot that guy?! And in real life u steal from a gang u be dead .... Rio woulda just popped 'em right from the start. But its an interesting dynamic now that Beth contacted Rio. And its a TV show so its okay. :p Its a good show! I hope it catches on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information