2017 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Jenny

From the Bloc
Things that just popped into my mind are Knot's Landing (I got to watch the reruns every morning on TBS or TNT or something way back when I was home for 20 weeks with my broken leg, then it was on SOAP - until we got the channel in our cable package),

I was a huge Knots fan back in the day - long before pvrs it aired twice a week where I live, on the US network and a Canadian station, and I'd watch both times :)

When I lived in the US a few years back I caught some reruns on the Soap network (which was also running the current Y&R every evening, very handy for a working girl, back when the show was good!) and I thought it really held up well.

Sadly only the first two seasons (yawner) ever seemed to show up on tape or DVD, and I no longer have access to Soap :wuzrobbed

Susan1

I was a huge Knots fan back in the day - long before pvrs it aired twice a week where I live, on the US network and a Canadian station, and I'd watch both times :)

When I lived in the US a few years back I caught some reruns on the Soap network (which was also running the current Y&R every evening, very handy for a working girl, back when the show was good!) and I thought it really held up well.

Sadly only the first two seasons (yawner) ever seemed to show up on tape or DVD, and I no longer have access to Soap :wuzrobbed

Soap network is gone! A couple years now. I was so glad to have it when All My Children was still on. I DVR'd it on ABC every day, but if there was a storm or something happening in the area that cut into it, I could still watch it Soap that night. Then one year, we had the remnants of Hurricane Ivan up here and the power was out for three days. That's the main thing I thought about, but then I found out I could watch the marathon of the week's AMC on Saturday. I still have the DVRd episodes of the last week of AMC. I might not be too sad to watch them some day.

Funny, when I was dating my ex-husband, his daughter was a Y&R fan. It was sort of on opposite AMC. In the summer, she'd watch the first half hour of Y&R, then we'd flip back and forth for the second half of that and the first half of AMC, then I'd watch the last half of AMC. This was before I started taping it on the VCR every day.

Uh, I still have the Knots Landing reunion episode on a VCR tape!

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
"Killing Eve" is officially my favorite show since the original X-files went off the air! Jodie Comer is amazing, and I love Sandra Oh. Within 5 minutes, or even 3, I was totally hooked. I hope they can find a way to keep up the quality and let me spend more time with these characters!

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 15/2018 - Saturday April 21/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, April 15
8 p.m. - 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards - CBS
8 p.m. - The Circus Season 3 - Showtime
10 p.m. - Worst Cooks in America Season 13 - Food Network
10:10 p.m. - Fear The Walking Dead Season 4 - AMC (Special Time)
10:30 p.m. - Drop The Mic Season 2 - TBS

Monday, April 16
8 p.m. - Supergirl Season 3 - The CW (Returns From Second Hiatus)
8 p.m. - I AM EVIDENCE - HBO

Tuesday, April 17
8 p.m. - CIVILIZATIONS - PBS

Wednesday, April 18
9 p.m. - The Originals Season 5 - The CW

Friday, April 20
12:01 a.m. PT - Dope Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - SPY KIDS: MISSION CRITICAL - Netflix

Please post any updates I may have missed.

smurfy

I did watch Jesus Christ Superstar, never got around to commenting til now.
Best - Judas - swoon! He was amazing.
I have seen the movie and musical in person twice, including one time with Jesus and Judas from the movie (Ted Neely and Carl Anderson) Maybe wrong about Judas, but definite Ted Neely.
Alice Cooper just does not match the movie or the stage. He was not bad, but just not as entertaining as the movie and show - which were not the same - but both equally amusing as heck.
John Legend was good, but something was missing - may be the hair. But also - I always thought Judas is the real star of the show.
Ben Daniels - have seen in Law & Order UK - did not know he sang, nothing special.
Sara B was good, but agree about Yvonne Elliman.
I have seen the movie many times, so I guess I am biased.
I have not seen all the other musicals that have been on the lately. I like the idea - and may get more people interested, so overall JSC was pretty good.

VGThuy

So I watched Amazon's The Last Post created by Peter Moffat, who created the series Criminal Justice whose first season was adapted by HBO and became The Night Of. So I had some expectations for the show. It centers around the British military police and their wives in the colony of Aden and depicts the time of the Aden Emergency or at least the events leading up to that and rising Arab nationalism. So with a description like that, I thought the show would be a great watch. I did end up watching all six episodes hoping it would get better. In the end, I really wondered why I was even watching it. I think it had a very hoaky way of dealing with British colonialism and portraying all sides, and the characters and storylines were simply not that interesting or well-written. Also, Essie Davis' American accent was really distracting and borderline awful.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
My wife and I just watched a new episode of a program on the Food network called The Worst Cooks Of America. It was very confusing! There was a man who used to be on 90210 back in the '90s, I had many issues of magazines with him including glossy centerfolds with tight denim which I no longer have because I took them to the navy during my stint and they were all ready stained so they perished after being in the ocean with seamen.

The people on the show made pan-cakes and they did not look very good.

The hosts are two men, one with white hair who looks very much like Guy Fiero. I have seen someone with a Fiero name on this web sight as well, maybe their is a connection?

La Toya Jackson scares my wife and I, very off woman.

Susan1

My wife and I just watched a new episode of a program on the Food network called The Worst Cooks Of America. It was very confusing! There was a man who used to be on 90210 back in the '90s, I had many issues of magazines with him including glossy centerfolds with tight denim which I no longer have because I took them to the navy during my stint and they were all ready stained so they perished after being in the ocean with seamen.

The hosts are two men, one with white hair who looks very much like Guy Fiero. I have seen someone with a Fiero name on this web sight as well, maybe their is a connection?

Uh, it was "Celebrity" Worst Cooks. I have the regular Worst Cooks set on my dvr, but I always watch the first episode of the "Celebrity" one to see if there is anyone I want to root for. Nope. Catherine Bach looks like Daisy Duke in a fake fat suit. Geez. La Toya and her giggling were scary.

The hosts are Tyler Florence and Ann Burrell - a female chef who is on a lot of Food Network shows. SHE is not related to Guy Fieri.

meggonzo

Banned Member

If you are into 90210 hunks, you should also check out Riverdale.

Also, did the chefs make cakes in a pan, or pancakes the breakfast food? Or maybe both....

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I'm so glad Supergirl is finally back! The episode was so good, Laurie Metcalf was amazing, of course.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
Uh, it was "Celebrity" Worst Cooks. I have the regular Worst Cooks set on my dvr, but I always watch the first episode of the "Celebrity" one to see if there is anyone I want to root for. Nope. Catherine Bach looks like Daisy Duke in a fake fat suit. Geez. La Toya and her giggling were scary.

The hosts are Tyler Florence and Ann Burrell - a female chef who is on a lot of Food Network shows. SHE is not related to Guy Fieri.
Tyler with the bleached hair, the white hair, I like the white but he is the one my wife and I thought could of been related to Guy or maybe even a win.

Ann Barrell has a very low voice for a women, pretty dark hair though. Maybe she has an altar ego as a shot put competitor!

Susan1

Tyler with the bleached hair, the white hair, I like the white but he is the one my wife and I thought could of been related to Guy or maybe even a win.

Ann Barrell has a very low voice for a women, pretty dark hair though. Maybe she has an altar ego as a shot put competitor!

Ann Burrell is the one with the white spiky hair!

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
If you are into 90210 hunks, you should also check out Riverdale.

Also, did the chefs make cakes in a pan, or pancakes the breakfast food? Or maybe both....
I will look into River Dale, I hope it is not related to River Dance because I cannot stand that performance after seeing Jason "women's hair-do" Brown skate that awful program four years ago. And the costumes are too fancy, not masculine like what Ross Minor and the Chinese man who loves Whinny the Poo wares.

Mean-while, my wife and I discovered a new food program called "The Spring Baking Challenge" on Foot network. Very exotic host! The goodies looked yummy this week, next time I hope they make pop tarts with robin's egg blue frosting, the same color of my most usefull hankerchief!

Jenny

From the Bloc
Billions is killing it this season, and my other new favourite is The Terror. Both are so good that I've dumped several other shows because those two shows make the others too tedious.

BaileyCatts

Grey's Anatomy .... ..

Ring ring ring: Hello? Foster Care? Yeah, I'm a 40+ year old single man who works 80+ hours a week and has no one to help with child care. I'm lonely cause my GF dumped me so I'd like to be a Foster Parent.

2 hours later ........

Ding dong: Hi! We're from Foster Care! Here is your 6 month old baby! See ya!

Bullshyte. Of all the ridiculous, outrageous, and downright stupid stories that Grey's Anatomy has done over the years, this one has got to be the bullshyte-ist of all!!! Yeah, they are just gonna come drop a 6 month old baby off to a single man with absolutely no experience being a Foster Parent. That is just a smack in the face to the entire Foster Care system and people who legitimate want to help and be Foster Parents to think all you gotta do is make a phone call and poof ..... ya get a 6 month old baby. Ridiculous. :blah:

Last edited:

Susan1

Grey's Anatomy .... ..

Ring ring ring: Hello? Foster Care? Yeah, I'm a 40+ year old single man who works 80+ hours a week and has no one to help with child care. I'm lonely cause my GF dumped me so I'd like to be a Foster Parent.

2 hours later ........

Ding dong: Hi! We're from Foster Care! Here is your 6 month old baby! See ya!

Bullshyte. Of all the ridiculous, outrageous, and downright stupid stories that Grey's Anatomy has done over the years, this one has got to be the bullshyte-ist of all!!! Yeah, they are just gonna come drop a 6 month old baby off to a single man with absolutely no experience being a Foster Parent. That is just a smack in the face to the entire Foster Care system and people who legitimate want to help and be Foster Parents to think all you gotta do is make a phone call and poof ..... ya get a 6 month old baby. Ridiculous. :blah:

That was really stupid. You can't even foster a dog that quick (fortunately). They just walked in and pretty much handed him a baby and left? Unfortunately, I bet it is going to set up that Ameila and Owen get back together because he can't do it alone, even though she said she didn't want a kid. And they'll probably leave it with Meredith's kids' babysitter all the time.

Alex and Bailey and April were really funny though. (It's weird to catch reruns from the first season and see how old everybody looks now. Side note-Just yesterday, I was flipping channels and caught a Blue Bloods rerun from the first season. Tom Selleck looks like he has gained 50 lbs. since.)

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New Returning Shows for the week Sunday April 22/2018 - Saturday April 28/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, April 22
9 p.m. - Westworld Season 2 - HBO (70-Minute Season Premiere)
9 p.m. - Fear the Walking Dead Season 4 - AMC (Time Slot Premiere)
10 p.m. - Into The Badlands Season 3 - AMC

Tuesday, April 24
9 p.m. - The 100 Season 5 - The CW
9 p.m. - Genius Season 2 - Nat Geo

Wednesday, April 25
12:01 a.m. PT - The Handmaid's Tale Season 2 - Hulu
10 p.m. - Archer: Danger Island Season 9
10 p.m. - Brockmire Season 2 - IFC
10 p.m. - Code Black Season 3 - CBS

Thursday, April 26
10 p.m. - Quantico - ABC

Friday, April 27
12:01 a.m. PT - 3% Season 2 - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - BOBBY KENNEDY FOR PRESIDENT - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - All or Nothing Season 3 - Amazon
9 p.m. - Ancient Aliens Season 11 - History
11 p.m. - TASKMASTER - Comedy Central

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Am I the only one here watching "Killing Eve"? It's freaking amazing performances and writing, and I've got to say, this weeks' episode freaked me out! Looking forward to Sunday night after work!

BaileyCatts

Anyone been watching Good Girls? OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!! The finale was tonight, but if you wanna binge a show over the Summer, you should check it out. Oh sure, some of the storyline gets a little unreal, but on what TV show does it not! Love this show!! :cheer:

mysticchic

Anyone been watching Good Girls? OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!! The finale was tonight, but if you wanna binge a show over the Summer, you should check it out. Oh sure, some of the storyline gets a little unreal, but on what TV show does it not! Love this show!! :cheer:
I have been too. still not sure how long this will go. It could jump the shark pretty quickly

VGThuy

Am I the only one here watching "Killing Eve"? It's freaking amazing performances and writing, and I've got to say, this weeks' episode freaked me out! Looking forward to Sunday night after work!

I'm enjoying it. This past week's episode was kept me on my toes and I think the tension is just going to get thicker.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I don't know if anyone else here watches The 100, but season 5 is off to a tremendous start so far; two episodes in and I think it's certainly the best start since season 2. Tonight was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information