Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
To finish Willin's compilation from the previous page:
Pacific Coast
Senior
  1. Starr Andrews - 186.50 (120.04 in FS)
  2. Tessa Hong - 181.94 (122.05 in FS)
  3. Vivian Le - 142.43
  4. Kaitlyn Nguyen - 139.51
Protocols?
Pacific Coast Sectional Senior Ladies results/link to protocols (click on the Short Program Final tab in the upper left corner if you want to see those protocols): http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2018/25075/CAT016SEG025.html
I think Starr needs to get her senior minimums for 4ccs in case ... she becomes a good candidate for a spot on that team.
Andrews already has the minimums for Worlds (from the Philadelphia Summer International competition in early August) - see my Worlds/4CC minimums list here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...e-way-to-san-jose.101894/page-39#post-5189936
Currently has both minimum technical scores (27 / 47) for Worlds:
Starr Andrews, Mariah Bell, Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Courtney Hicks, Mirai Nagasu, Bradie Tennell, Ashley Wagner, Angela Wang, Caroline Zhang (also Gracie Gold & Paige Rydberg but they won't be at 2018 Nationals).

Has both minimums (20 / 36) for 4CC but lacks Worlds FS minimum:
Emily Chan, Franchesca Chiera, Polina Edmunds, Tessa Hong
ETA: Livvy Shilling didn't qualify for Nationals :( so I've removed her name from my 4CC minimums list quoted above.

Last edited:

Firedancer

Saw this last night. Good for her! Love all the skaters supporting her. I will never understand people who just go online and write comments like that to people, most of which they probably don’t even know.

RD

Good to see the support but at the same time I don’t think she should have responded to this person. Obviously just wanted the attention which he is now getting. :(

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Junior Worlds outlook:

Here are the skaters who qualified for nationals who are 1) age-eligible and 2) already have the required technical minimums from an international junior competition.
qualified at the SR level: Andrews, Hong, Lin, Ma, McIsaac, Nguyen, Wessenberg
qualified at the JR level: Cui, Harrell, Huang

The U.S. has two spots for junior worlds. Generally, the team comes from the senior ranks, but it's possible that the best junior(s) could be chosen. If an age-eligible senior finishes in the 4-6 range, it's likely that she would be chosen for Jr. Worlds rather than 4CC so that she could fight for JGP spots for next season.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
This is not a mature and thoughtful response: "P.S. only I have the power to "f*ck me up", no one else. Especially not some "boy"".

Lovely for some young skaters to read.

toddlj

Junior Worlds outlook:

Here are the skaters who qualified for nationals who are 1) age-eligible and 2) already have the required technical minimums from an international junior competition.

The U.S. has two spots for junior worlds. Generally, the team comes from the senior ranks, but it's possible that the best junior(s) could be chosen. If an age-eligible senior finishes in the 4-6 range, it's likely that she would be chosen for Jr. Worlds rather than 4CC so that she could fight for JGP spots for next season.

Those skaters ranked by their sectionals scores:
Harrell: 189.05
Andrews: 186.50
Hong: 181.94
Ma: 167.61
McIsaac: 166.79
Cui: 163.31
Wessenberg: 146.44
Lin: 151.31
Huang: 150.71
Nguyen: 139.51

Sylvia

TBD
Junior Worlds outlook:

Brynne McIsaac is the only one not currently listed in this season's ISP. Good to see her coming back strongly at SW Regionals (171.00 was the highest total score of the Sr. ladies across the 9 Regionals) and Midwestern Sectionals.

AxelAnnie

My problem with this is that I don't think she should be reading comments on social media at all at this point in her recovery. It just doesn't seem wise.
Could not agree more! I am surprised that part of her therapy and recovery is staying form social media. Can't be a good place to hang out, even if you are totally well.

Vagabond

This is none of our business.
It is up to Gracie and her doctors/therapists to determine what is best for her.
It is up to Gracie Gold and her doctors and therapists how she handles her psychological problems. When she posts anything on social media, however, she opens herself up to comments and criticism. If she doesn't want to be criticized for what she posts, all she has to do is refrain from posting. Ditto Courtney Hicks. Ditto Donald Trump.

:violin:

AxelAnnie

It is up to Gracie Gold and her doctors and therapists how she handles her psychological problems. When she posts anything on social media, however, she opens herself up to comments and criticism. If she doesn't want to be criticized for what she posts, all she has to do is refrain from posting. Ditto Courtney Hicks. Ditto Donald Trump.

:violin:

Well said.

Vagabond

True, but @annie720 and @AxelAnnie have every bit as much right to disagree with Gracie Gold as other posters have to disagree with them. Suggesting, as some have done, that Gracie Gold is immune from criticism for posting something on line is disingenuous.

wickedwitch

Those skaters ranked by their sectionals scores:
Harrell: 189.05
Andrews: 186.50
Hong: 181.94
Ma: 167.61
McIsaac: 166.79
Cui: 163.31
Wessenberg: 146.44
Lin: 151.31
Huang: 150.71
Nguyen: 139.51
Since we're comparing raw scores, Cui, Huang, and Harrell had one less element so you can subtract ~2 points from the senior scores.

UGG

I think Gracie’s response is exactly what young girls should read and I hope every young girl that read it was impacted positively. If they are old enough to have their own twitter they should be able to handle seeing a “bad” word. And she didn’t sound like a whining 3 year old, she sounded like a woman who was not taking crap from some jerk. So she did not sound like Trump

Willin

I love to see Gracie showing some sass and fire in that tweet! Good for her.

And even though it is a troll, who cares? Sometimes you just need someone to take anger out on and trolls are by far the most acceptable target on social media.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Junior world candidates by international score

44 172.62 Emmy MA USA ISU JGP Riga Cup 2017 08.09.2017
59 161.42 Kaitlyn NGUYEN USA ISU JGP Brisbane 2017 26.08.2017
60 161.23 Ashley LIN USA ISU JGP Riga Cup 2017 08.09.2017
65 159.28 Starr ANDREWS USA ISU JGP Cup of Austria 2017 02.09.2017
78 152.41 Hanna HARRELL USA ISU JGP Egna Neumarkt 2017 14.10.2017
81 150.95 Ting CUI USA ISU JGP Brisbane 2017 26.08.2017
85 149.14 Tessa HONG USA ISU JGP Minsk Arena Cup 2017 22.09.2017
117 134.10 Angelina HUANG USA ISU JGP Cup of Austria 2017 02.09.2017
*McIsaac and Wessenberg, not on SB list this season

Regardless of who is selected, it will be a fight to get into the top three nations. Russia and Japan are formidable and Korea's top two juniors Eunsoo Lim and Young You each have a higher SB than Ma.

I'm bummed that USFS didn't assign Lin to a second international competition. All the rest of the ladies in the top five above got two assignments. Lin didn't do great at Sectionals, but her international performance was strong. It would be nice to have more data points to see which was the anomaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information