140th Westminister Kennel Club Dog Show - Feb. 15-16

Lacey

Skye Charlie or Borzoi Lucy for me.

Bulldog Annabelle is also ok for me.

Last edited:

Susan1

Final comments - I was hoping for the Borzoi. Thought it was going to be the Skye Terrier. Oh well. (And the Shih-tzu kept making me think of the Emperor in Mulan.) Congrats CJ!

twinsmom

Watching dog shows makes me happy. :) I was snapping pictures to my daughter who's away at college, and she said I should get a dog. Maybe, but I've never had one and wouldn't know what to do, or what to get.

Anyway, I love the Samy ("It's so fluffy I could die!"), and the Skye, but I was happy for the GSP. What a gorgeous dog! The German Shepherd was gorgeous too, but I agree with the talk about the back legs. It made me nervous or something. And while I thought the Borzoi had a gorgeous coat and was beautiful, I have an issue with the head. It's so small for that big of a body (my extremely ignorant taste).

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
Meh. Skye as predicted.

Of course. Charlie's darn near perfect. Wuzrobbed! :soapbox::mitchell: If he didn't get I was pulling for the Borzoi. Pointers are boring. (The only gundogs I like are Sussex and Clubmer. And yes, Cockers are evil, bitey things IME.)

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
This is the first time that I remember liking every dog that made it to the BIS round. I was favoring the German Shepherd, but I was happy with the pointer win.

So apparently the Westminister Dog Show is leaving USA network and will now be on Fox. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/westminster-kennel-club-dog-show-leaves-usa-fox-sports-1201550004/

I know that means we won't get Mary Carillo, but I wonder about David Frei. I like him and I hope he will be back. I will miss Mary. Mostly she just laughs, but that's what she should do for a dog show.

Actually, it was David Frei who announced at the end that he's leaving, which has me in a thousand depressions. I don't really like Mary's commentary. And she didn't say she was leaving; she just said that the USA folks will miss David Frei.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
So any pictures of CJ's munching on steak served on a silver platter? Must be nice to be top dog. :dog: :encore:

A.H.Black

Actually, it was David Frei who announced at the end that he's leaving, which has me in a thousand depressions. I don't really like Mary's commentary. And she didn't say she was leaving; she just said that the USA folks will miss David Frei.

I listened several times to try to be sure of what I was hearing. They said that this was the final show on USA network and inferred that (because it was the last show) it was David Frei's last show. I don't think there is any reason that Fox couldn't use David Frei if they and he agreed to a contract. Mary, on the other hand, is already under contract to NBC (and associated networks) so she, presumably, would not be on the Fox broadcast.

Susan1

Watching dog shows makes me happy. :) I was snapping pictures to my daughter who's away at college, and she said I should get a dog. Maybe, but I've never had one and wouldn't know what to do, or what to get.

Anyway, I love the Samy ("It's so fluffy I could die!"), and the Skye, but I was happy for the GSP. What a gorgeous dog! The German Shepherd was gorgeous too, but I agree with the talk about the back legs. It made me nervous or something. And while I thought the Borzoi had a gorgeous coat and was beautiful, I have an issue with the head. It's so small for that big of a body (my extremely ignorant taste).

Twinsmom, are you my twin? :) "Nervous or something" is exactly what I wrote about the GSD's "slope"! And I said out loud (by myself in the room) that the Borzoi's head was too small for its body. And I've loved Samoyeds since I got a big dog book for Christmas in 1969 (I just went and checked the date) - that "smile!

Lacey

That was all too rushed for me, I was tired and it was late. I was left mystified that it might no longer be televised, then read later that it will be on Fox, but totally missed that David Frei is "leaving" does that mean retiring or did Fox already tell him that they are not picking him up. If it's the latter, then Fox has made a huge mistake, because David Frei is the show.

Who does the "National Dog Show" from PA on NBC after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Turkey Day Thursdays?

Rob

Beach Bum
My husband wants a Sammy now. I have always wanted one. I wonder if my cat would approve. She's white and fluffy too.

intheknow

I read in the New York Times a couple of days ago that David Frei resigned from the Westminster Dog Show because he was asked to choose between calling it and calling the National Dog Show in Philadelphia. Before Fox acquired the Westminster Show, calling both shows was okay because both were owned by the same network. Apparently, it is not okay to call two shows owned by competing networks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information