Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

Sit_spin

I was so glad that Jeremy aced both programs at Nationals! He was wonderful, and I hope he aces his programs at 4CC and Worlds.

cailuj365

:fragile: I was just showing his programs to a friend and talking about how amazing he was when I saw this post pop up in my inbox. :( Really hope he recovers fully and is ready for Worlds.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The bad part about the injury this late in the season is he is going to lose valuable practice time, even if he does heal by worlds. Not sure how much time he is going to miss, but if it is something like 2 weeks, that's huge when you are that close to worlds.

Get healthy soon, Jeremy!

skatesindreams

Heal quickly, Jeremy!
After all he went through to get there, it would be a shame if he missed Worlds.
I'm sure that he will be there, if at all possible.

Sylvia

TBD
This Detroit Free Press article mentions "back spasms that have also affected his right hip": Jeremy Abbott withdraws from Four Continents Championship due to back spasms
"Thankfully, it's not a major injury -- his back sort of spasmed up a bit," Sato said Friday night. "I think it's from a stressful couple of weeks. We don't think it's the smartest thing to push him and make him skate in Colorado Springs. We should rest his back and get him ready for worlds."

Sato said Abbott's back has tightened up in the past, a condition that's usually brought on "only when he's really tired."

She said that Abbott will likely still travel to Colorado Springs next week to undergo a physical at the U.S. Olympic Training Center. Sato said he also wants to visit his family

nashvilledancer

There was noise during the skate. I haven't re-watched the video, but I would assume that it was commotion related to the stepfather's collapsing.

On the IceNetwork broadcast, you can see the security people in the front row turn around, right about the time of J's triple axel. ETA: It's actually during the first spin. Manleywoman and I were coincidentally sitting a few rows behind the Abbott-Scotts with other friends. It was a tad difficult to concentrate on the program, with worrying about Allen, so it's been a pleasure to be able to obsessively watch it online. The audience reaction was massive--this program is cerebral, but people "get it". I'm so happy that he's getting the component scores he's deserved for years.

A small hint of what a wonderful family this is: the quote in the local paper from Allen Scott that his health was "merely a hiccup...the real story is Jeremy Abbott."

Last edited:

dinakt

Wow. Thank you, Sylvia!
It is always incredibly touching when other elite skaters, who themselves skated with artistic integrity, show real appreciation for their peers. Jeremy gets it a a lot. From John Kerr calling Jeremy's Beatles SP the best SP he's seen to Yu-Na Kim mentioning last year's Flamenco SP as one of her favorite programs to this blog.
Thank you Kim Navarro.

skatesindreams

I feel very much as Kim does about Jeremy.
His skating seems on another level from what most others attempt.

jlai

Question everything
When i heard Czisny might be assigned to this i thought jeremy could be too
GOOD low stake competition to try the quad in the short program

aftershocks

Banned Member

Wow. Thank you, Sylvia!
It is always incredibly touching when other elite skaters, who themselves skated with artistic integrity, show real appreciation for their peers. Jeremy gets it a a lot. From John Kerr calling Jeremy's Beatles SP the best SP he's seen to Yu-Na Kim mentioning last year's Flamenco SP as one of her favorite programs to this blog.
Thank you Kim Navarro.

Ah yes, thanks for posting that Sylvia, and thanks to Kim for your thoughts about Jeremy. (I love you and Brent too!)

And thanks to Jeremy for sharing with us his amazing talent. What great moments at Nationals he gave to us all. It was unforgettable... mere words are not enough to fully express what Jeremy has wrought with his performances of Muse Redemption (Exogenesis Symphony Part 3). :swoon:

And the Swing sp is such fun! ITA with the thoughts of John Kerr too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jljuph8ISAQ 2010 sp

And thankfully sans commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeya_bPe53Y 2012 sp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbT2P9n5Hsw&feature=related 2012 fp

ETA: I also love this exhibition performance to Rhythm of Love (Jere said at 2011 Nats that this exhibition was his first attempt at choreographing for himself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rPKNcfp-s&feature=related

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Posted on the Facebook page of the Professional Skaters Association (PSA) today:
Congratulations to the winners of the EDI Awards for Best Performance at the 2012 U.S. Championships in San Jose, CA:

Men - Jeremy Abbott - Free Skate

jlai

Question everything
Posted on the Facebook page of the Professional Skaters Association (PSA) today:

I wish a "silver medal" could have gone to Nathan's free skate. His and Jeremy's free are the two I watched over and over.

Sylvia

TBD
Jeremy's sister, Gwen, has written a vivid account of what she and her family experienced in the stands of San Jose Nationals during Jeremy's free skate: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/03/05/four-minutes/

Good luck to Jeremy at Challenge Cup in The Hague later this week! The good news is that an official YouTube channel has been set up by the competition organizers so there will be videos to watch! :cheer:

kittyjake5

Thanks Sylvia. What a scary ordeal for Jeremy's family I am glad everything turned out alright.

skatesindreams

What an amazing and lucid narrative!
I'm so glad that Mr, Scott is doing well.
I was very concerned for him.

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Jeremy's sister, Gwen, has written a vivid account of what she and her family experienced in the stands of San Jose Nationals during Jeremy's free skate: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2012/03/05/four-minutes/

Good luck to Jeremy at Challenge Cup in The Hague later this week! The good news is that an official YouTube channel has been set up by the competition organizers so there will be videos to watch! :cheer:

Thanks for posting and sharing Gwen's experience at Nationals, Sylvia! I am very relieved to hear that Mr. Scott is doing better. Gwen's emotional account made me a little teary-eyed, but I am very glad that this experience ultimately had a happy ending. It's terrific news that the organizers of the Hague Challenge Cup have set up a youtube channel for all of us very appreciative fans! :D:cheer2:

Last edited:

pani

Will Jeremy retun to USA after competition in Holland? I am a little nervous about him and Alissa. Two trips to Europe during 2 weks - its OK?

Sylvia

TBD
Just tweeted by Abbott today: "So happy to be home and greeted by such a beautiful day! #teeshirtweather"

Wiery

Thanks for the link. Good to know he's okay. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Abbott's positive-sounding tweet tonight: "Did what I needed to do in The Hague. Excited for the next 2 weeks of training & thankful for the support of my federation"

lauravvv

A pity that Jeremy's and our dream about the podium didn't come true. But still a wonderful skate at the FS - to me it seemed that Jeremy was more into the program throughout it than at some of the previous, technically much better skates (his USA Nationals performance in particular). At least for that I am glad :). One more thing that I regret, though, is that we won't see him at the exhibition :(. I so love his 'Hometown Glory' program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information