Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

Marco

Scott was right. Abbott was great but not perfect, which gives him room and motivation to improvement for Worlds. (i.e. better loop, better sal, one of the lutz combos should be a 3/3 etc).

I am happiest for the fact that he stayed calm and focused throughout. (Actually he and Rippon both)

LuckyCharm

I don't have anything useful to say in here except that I adore Jeremy's skating, and I'm thrilled that my favorite American skaters took both the Men's and Ladies' titles. I can't even remember the last time that happened. Is there an Ashley uber thread yet?

dlbarker

There is a report that JAs step dad is hospitalized after collapsing during the free skate. Looking for a source.

Cyn

So far, Jeremy's amazing FS from Nationals hasn't been uploaded onto youtube :wall: (either that or TIIC there are removing it).

For those who want to see his kickasss SP again, here it is.

Congratulations, Jeremy, our 3-time US Champion :cheer2:!! Here's to hoping the best is still yet to come from you!! :40beers: .

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado

masofs

His FS is stunning, one of my all time favorites. I hope he can skate this clean at Worlds. :swoon:

modern_muslimah

Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank
I'm so happy he won back the National title! :respec: He's so amazing. I love that with each competition he has been building on the LP and making it even more special. There is still room for improvement and I really hope that he is able to perform his LP perfectly at Worlds. I'm also happy that he landed the quad in two straight competitions now. He seems comfortable with it, which I think bode wells for him as he goes onto 4CC and Worlds.

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
I feel like order is restored in the world of US figure skating now that Jeremy has regained his national title. I had been wondering what the very noticeable disturbance/commotion in the audience was during his LP skate and I'm saddened that Abbott's step-dad had collapsed in the crowd while he was performing. I really hope that he is okay and makes a full recovery soon! I was and still am so over the moon for the very high level that Jeremy's skating is currently at. He was so fast, crisp, and light on his feet during both his SP and LP! He is skating with the confidence and stability of a World medalist and I hope it keeps up all the way through to the World Championships in March and all the way through to the Olympic trials and Olympics in 2014. GO JEREMY!!! :cheer2::swoon::encore:

TalentedButHumble

I had been wondering what the very noticeable disturbance/commotion in the audience was during his LP skate

Did this happen on the side of the rink visible on camera? Because if it did I must *really* have been into his skate - I'm often distracted by things I see in the background and I didn't notice anything. [OT Which reminds me - why don't people who wave at the camera during a performance realize what tools they are?]

Anyway, fantastic work by both Adam & Jeremy.

And I'm very proud how much Detroit-area rinks continue to be represented among US and Canadian teams.

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Did this happen on the side of the rink visible on camera? Because if it did I must *really* have been into his skate - I'm often distracted by things I see in the background and I didn't notice anything. [OT Which reminds me - why don't people who wave at the camera during a performance realize what tools they are?]

Yes, it was definitely visible on camera. I was actually wondering if someone in the audience had collapsed or had a heart attack as there was so much commotion going on. A lot of people standing up, moving around, heads turning, people talking. Jeremy was right at the boards skating by when it happened, which makes it all the more remarkable that he skated right on unphased to nail his 3flip. He really had his tunnel vision blinders on apparently.

Skittl1321

Jeremy just tweeted reminding followers of his DSC1/2 predicition at the beginning of the season. He was right- he and Adam did it!

Bournekraatzfan

Congrats Jeremy! I am so glad he could lay down solid performances at nationals. i think he is peaking at just the right time.
any word on his step dad? I hope he's ok.

dinakt

Joining in celebration. Great showing at Nationals, yet without feeling that perfection was achieved so it's only downhill from here ( aka 2010 Nationals).
I love Jeremy's taste in choosing his programs, year after year. But this year might top it all.

jlai

Question everything
The links to Jeremy's fs worked this morning but they are taken down :( ETA: should have downloaded it when it was up

Last edited:

Vagabond

Yes, it was definitely visible on camera. I was actually wondering if someone in the audience had collapsed or had a heart attack as there was so much commotion going on. A lot of people standing up, moving around, heads turning, people talking. Jeremy was right at the boards skating by when it happened, which makes it all the more remarkable that he skated right on unphased to nail his 3flip. He really had his tunnel vision blinders on apparently.

I watched on television. I didn't notice anything going on in the stands, but I definitely heard it. Between the fan calling out during Nagasu's FS and the commotion during Abbott's FS, I was wondering what was going on with security at the arena. It's a good thing Abbott, at least, was able to keep his concentration.

skatesindreams

Vagabond, the "fan" who always "calls out" before Jeremy skates is his stepfather, Mr. Scott.
Now that I know that, it doesn't disturb me at all!

Jeremy's concentration would probably be disturbed if he didn't hear that.

Anita18

It depends!
I'm so glad to hear Mr. Scott is doing fine!

I was there live, in the upper levels, and I didn't notice anything. I was too entranced by Jeremy's program. :swoon: I was over the moon that he skated it well!

cailuj365

I always knew Jeremy was quite musical and had great dance ability, but for some reason, I never really realized how good he was until this week. The way he moves with the music is incredible, and his choreography is 3x that of the top ice dance teams. The pause in his LP straightline step sequence this year has to be one of my favorite moments in a program ever. He's just so easy to watch. This is COP done right, IMO.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
After watching Jeremy at the nationals last weekend, I have become an uber fan. His LP performance was magical.

Vagabond

Vagabond, the "fan" who always "calls out" before Jeremy skates is his stepfather, Mr. Scott.

There was noise during the skate. I haven't re-watched the video, but I would assume that it was commotion related to the stepfather's collapsing.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Now that I know that, it doesn't disturb me at all!

Jeremy's concentration would probably be disturbed if he didn't hear that.

I don't think Jeremy usually really "hears" the "Go Alexander" anyway. He's said he's usually too focused to notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information