Women's World Cup 2019

NeilJLeonard

WWC Semi-Finals: Interesting Quarter-Final results. One surprise and one shocker.

USA v England
Netherlands v Sweden

NJL

Lorac

WWC Semi-Finals: Interesting Quarter-Final results. One surprise and one shocker.

USA v England
Netherlands v Sweden

NJL

I get the shock result - Sweden beating Germany - but unsure of the surprise as I thought the other 3 teams were favoured in their quarters.

NeilJLeonard

I get the shock result - Sweden beating Germany - but unsure of the surprise as I thought the other 3 teams were favoured in their quarters.
France had not lost to the USA in their last 3 meetings (2 wins, one draw) and was a favorite to win both that match and the tournament...:)

NJL (..Sweden had not beaten Germany since 1995. England beat the USA earlier in 2019...)

NeilJLeonard

Alyssa Naeher was a question mark going into this tournament. She should have been the Player of the Match v England. Two memorable saves, especially on the PK, won the match. Outstanding.

NJL (..the match was a great advertisement for the women's game. Fast, physical and intense. :cheer2::cheer: :respec:…)

NeilJLeonard

USA v The Netherlands in WWC2019 Final Sunday.

If memory serves both teams have given up 3 goals each. It will be interesting.

NJL

Rob

Beach Bum
Pino! But Dutch are playing great especially the goalie. She’s amazing.

Jelly

Listening to game on car radio, little confused, think that was another US goal, was it Morgan?

Rob

Beach Bum
Yeeeessssss!

Best sports team in the US, male or female: gold: USA women’s soccer; silver USA women’s gymnastics; bronze tie between NE Patriots and Golden State Warriors.

Netherlands goalie is best goalie of WC.

oleada

I did not realize that this was the Dutch’s second World Cup ever. Really a lot to be proud of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information