Women's World Cup 2019

Lacey

Rapinoe got both of the tournament's big prizes: the golden boot (most goals?) and golden globe (best player?). Good for her, she deserved the accolades.

quartz

uncultured pearl clutcher
Woohoo!! Had to work all day so had it recording at home, and managed to stay unspoiled. What a great game, the Dutch never gave up, awesome defense, but my U.S. girls ruled!! Love them!

NeilJLeonard

:cheer: :biggrinbo :40beers:

NJL (...I did not think they could defeat all of Europe's best one after the other. I was wrong. Well done, ladies. Thank you for an indelible memory...:kickass::respec:…)

ETA: Also glad you won this one. The way things are going it may be another 16 or so years before Europe lets you win another.

Last edited:

Lacey

Sorry for mentioning Men's Soccer in this thread, but, after watching the men LOSE (and I admit I don't usually follow them, but surely felt they played horribly last night in the finals of the Gold Cup), I especially wish the US Women's Soccer unit the very best of luck in their next obstacle--to get pay equality. And it shouldn't take luck because the US Women deserve it, and moreover, because equality is the law.

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
Sorry for mentioning Men's Soccer in this thread, but, after watching the men LOSE (and I admit I don't usually follow them, but surely felt they played horribly last night in the finals of the Gold Cup), I especially wish the US Women's Soccer unit the very best of luck in their next obstacle--to get pay equality. And it shouldn't take luck because the US Women deserve it, and moreover, because equality is the law.
ITA I really think the US women could out-strike the US men, what wimpy attempts at goals.

NeilJLeonard

:cold:
Rapinoe got both of the tournament's big prizes: the golden boot (most goals?) and golden globe (best player?). Good for her, she deserved the accolades.
Plus the 2 things she wanted most of all: Lifting the Cup and wearing the Gold Medal. I think that anything she got other than those 2 would be frosting on the cake.... :respec:

NJL

NeilJLeonard

FWIW: The USWNT plays Ireland in the 1st of 5 games in the Victory Tour today at the Rose Bowl in LA on ESPN2 @ 7PM local time & 10PM EDT. All of the 23 player roster are expected to be present, but some, including Megan Rapinoe, are injured and may not play.

Game 2 is on August 29 v Portugal at 7PM EDT at Lincoln Financial Field broadcast on ESPN2.

Game 3 v Portugal on September 3 at Allianz Field in St Paul, MN on ESPN2 at 8PM EDT.

Game 4 on October 3 v S Korea at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC on FS1 at 8PM EDT.

Game 5 on October 6 v S Korea at Soldier Field in Chicago at 2PM EDT on ESPN. This will be Jill Ellis last game as Head Coach/Manager of the team. Hopefully her replacement will be named by then.

NJL (..Then the task begins to prepare for the 2020 Olympics and beyond...:)…)

Rob

Beach Bum
Did anyone see the video of Carli Lloyd kicking a 55 yard field goal center cut at the Philly Eagles training camp?

quartz

uncultured pearl clutcher
Did anyone see the video of Carli Lloyd kicking a 55 yard field goal center cut at the Philly Eagles training camp?
Yep. And then a whole lot of comments about how she wasn’t in full gear, how she didn’t have anyone coming in to tackle her, how she took a 20 foot run in order to do it, yaddayaddablahblah.
Pretty sure she knows she rocks despite the peanut gallery chirping her. :kickass:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information