Women's World Cup 2019

quartz

scratching at the light
Woohoo!! Had to work all day so had it recording at home, and managed to stay unspoiled. What a great game, the Dutch never gave up, awesome defense, but my U.S. girls ruled!! Love them!

NeilJLeonard

:cheer: :biggrinbo :40beers:

NJL (...I did not think they could defeat all of Europe's best one after the other. I was wrong. Well done, ladies. Thank you for an indelible memory...:kickass::respec:…)

ETA: Also glad you won this one. The way things are going it may be another 16 or so years before Europe lets you win another.

Last edited:

Lacey

Sorry for mentioning Men's Soccer in this thread, but, after watching the men LOSE (and I admit I don't usually follow them, but surely felt they played horribly last night in the finals of the Gold Cup), I especially wish the US Women's Soccer unit the very best of luck in their next obstacle--to get pay equality. And it shouldn't take luck because the US Women deserve it, and moreover, because equality is the law.

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
Sorry for mentioning Men's Soccer in this thread, but, after watching the men LOSE (and I admit I don't usually follow them, but surely felt they played horribly last night in the finals of the Gold Cup), I especially wish the US Women's Soccer unit the very best of luck in their next obstacle--to get pay equality. And it shouldn't take luck because the US Women deserve it, and moreover, because equality is the law.
ITA I really think the US women could out-strike the US men, what wimpy attempts at goals.

NeilJLeonard

:cold:
Rapinoe got both of the tournament's big prizes: the golden boot (most goals?) and golden globe (best player?). Good for her, she deserved the accolades.
Plus the 2 things she wanted most of all: Lifting the Cup and wearing the Gold Medal. I think that anything she got other than those 2 would be frosting on the cake.... :respec:

NJL

NeilJLeonard

FWIW: The USWNT plays Ireland in the 1st of 5 games in the Victory Tour today at the Rose Bowl in LA on ESPN2 @ 7PM local time & 10PM EDT. All of the 23 player roster are expected to be present, but some, including Megan Rapinoe, are injured and may not play.

Game 2 is on August 29 v Portugal at 7PM EDT at Lincoln Financial Field broadcast on ESPN2.

Game 3 v Portugal on September 3 at Allianz Field in St Paul, MN on ESPN2 at 8PM EDT.

Game 4 on October 3 v S Korea at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC on FS1 at 8PM EDT.

Game 5 on October 6 v S Korea at Soldier Field in Chicago at 2PM EDT on ESPN. This will be Jill Ellis last game as Head Coach/Manager of the team. Hopefully her replacement will be named by then.

NJL (..Then the task begins to prepare for the 2020 Olympics and beyond...:)…)

Rob

Beach Bum
Did anyone see the video of Carli Lloyd kicking a 55 yard field goal center cut at the Philly Eagles training camp?

quartz

scratching at the light
Did anyone see the video of Carli Lloyd kicking a 55 yard field goal center cut at the Philly Eagles training camp?
Yep. And then a whole lot of comments about how she wasn’t in full gear, how she didn’t have anyone coming in to tackle her, how she took a 20 foot run in order to do it, yaddayaddablahblah.
Pretty sure she knows she rocks despite the peanut gallery chirping her. :kickass:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information