Women’s WC of soccer 2023

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Ireland have qualified for the first time and are playing the Matildaroos (or whatever cutesy nickname the Australian team are going by :p) in their opening match.

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
I think the Matildas is a cool name. Better than the Football Ferns, which is what the NZ team is called.

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
2-1 for the US over Holland - this is more what I expected from the US. Still rooting for my Dutchies tho!

Nope! Still 1-1.

ballettmaus

Neither the US nor Germany have convinced me so far.

I did enjoy Sweden and the Australians were on fire in that final match. They reminded me of the German men's team in 2006. They were a joy to watch and if they can keep up that enthusiasm when playing, they deserve to be in the final.

(I'm still sorry, Buzz. It always sucks when the team you're rooting for gets eliminated).

Bournekraatzfan

This one really stung…so close. but I’m so thrilled with what the 🇵🇹 selecçao did here. That didn’t look at all like a debut, and I’m very optimistic about the future of Portuguese women’s football. And Jessica Silva is 🔥. I’m glad more of the world now gets to see it

congrats to the US and Netherlands.

Força Brasil!!! 🇧🇷 (though I don’t want to root against Jamaica! I like all the teams in this group)
y vamos Colombia 🇨🇴 !!!

Last edited:

Cachoo

Neither the US nor Germany have convinced me so far.

I did enjoy Sweden and the Australians were on fire in that final match. They reminded me of the German men's team in 2006. They were a joy to watch and if they can keep up that enthusiasm when playing, they deserve to be in the final.

(I'm still sorry, Buzz. It always sucks when the team you're rooting for gets eliminated).
I’ll root for my country and though they charmed me in 1999 I am glad there isn’t one or two teams that are so dominant that no one else has a chance. This feels like a number of teams can win it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information