• S/k - dance

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Hanyu-men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

zigzig

Nathan and either Kosto or Shcherb cuz they could go either way. Also sucks for S/K who was prolly gonna be riding huge momentum from Euros win.

aftershocks

Banned Member
None of the above. Or anybody else. For goodness' sake!

Right. The fans are robbed of watching, and the athletes are robbed of the chance to compete. But probably many humans are saved from contracting the virus. Alls well that ends well.

When it comes to matters that involve life or death and the continued spread of an out-of-control virus, figure skating takes a back seat.

aliceanne

I say Kostornaia because the singles ladies careers are so easily derailed by changing body shape and injury. Timing is everything for them. The others will likely still be competitive next year, but with the ladies it’s anyone’s guess who will be on top.

Spun Silver

Maybe Yuzu. Nathan seemed to think the 4A could happen at Worlds.

I agree about Kostornaia. Her technique is beautiful but you never know.

And C/B. Momentum like that is a terrible thing to lose.

No worries for Nathan. Another year, another Worlds title.

Bellanca

I guess one could say they were all robbed of the opportunity.

Competition is a funny thing. Unpredictable. You never really know who will win and in this case, we may never know. We can only guess who might have been “robbed” a title.

And, as more than a few people have alluded to over the decades, ‘it’s a sport, not life or death.’ A World title seems a bit insignificant when compared to the big picture.

skatingguy

decently
"Robbed" is such a wrong term in this situation... Nobody robbed anybody.... disasters do happen. How about "lost a chance to win the Worlds"?
Or in other words, they were 'robbed of the chance to win the Worlds'.

Definition of Rob - past tense - Robbed

Deprived (someone or something) of something needed, deserved, or significant

Bellanca

In hindsight, a different word could have been used, but I think most of us understand what @caseyedwards was trying to convey.

ETA: In all fairness to @caseyedwards and the question asked, I feel that Kostornaia and S/K might be the most affected.

Last edited:

skateboy

I say Kostornaia because the singles ladies careers are so easily derailed by changing body shape and injury. Timing is everything for them. The others will likely still be competitive next year, but with the ladies it’s anyone’s guess who will be on top.
My feelings exactly. (Although it was no guarantee that Kostornaia was going to beat Shcherbakova.)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm convinced Anna would have won this one. To win the big titles, you have to have nerves of steel, and that child's got them.

gotoschool

The ones who were robbed were the ones not even included in the poll which for the women would be everyone but one skater. The poll kind of mirrors the uneven political power in scoring though taking it to an even greater extreme.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Any skater, their family, coach, fan, organizer or anybody that put any sort of work, time and/or emotional investment into the event was robbed.

When it comes to the world title...obviously Eteri Tutberidze is the most robbed of all...

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
For what its worth, here is a potential results based on SB list.

MEN-
1-10 Chen, Hanyu, Aymoz, Brown, Aliev, Jin, Cha, Nguyen, Uno, Tanaka
11-20 Danielian, Morisi, Grassl, Rizzo, Vasiljevs, Brezina, Zhou, Fentz, Selevko, Shmuratko
21+ Litvintsev, Kerry, Bychenko....

SPOTS
USA 3 to 3
JPN 3 to 3
CHN 2 to 2
RUS 2 to 2
ITA 2 to 2
CZE 2 to 1
KOR 1 to 2
CAN 1 to 2

LADIES
1-10 Kostornaia, Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kihira, Young, Tennell, Bell, Miyahara, Wakaba, Yelim
11-20 Kurakova, Paganini, Safonova, Ryabova, Schott, Peltonen, Kiibus, Urushadze, Tornaghi, Feigin
21+ Hongyi, Pineault, Bausback, Meite

SPOTS
RUS- 3 to 3
KAZ- 3 to 1
JPN - 3 to 3
USA- 2 to 3
KOR- 2 to 2
CAN- 2 to 1

PAIRS
1-10 Boikova, Sui, Tarasova, Peng, MTM, Pavliu, Cain, Calalang, DMG, Hase
11-20 Tang, Ziegler, Miura, Walsh, Hocke, Ghilardi, Barquero, Magyar, Hamon, Keriven

Spots
CHN 3 to 3
RUS 3 to 3
FRA 2 to 1
CAN 2 to 2
ITA 2 to 2
USA 2 to 2
AUT 2 to 1
GER 2 to 2

DANCE
1-10 Pap, Sin, Chock, Step, Gilles, Hubbell, Guig, Wang, Fear, Hawayek
11-20 Lajoie, Smart, Zagorski, Laur, Kaliszek, Souc, Reed, Nazarova, Kazakova, Muller

Spots
RUS 3 to 3
USA 3 to 3
CAN 3 to 2
FRA 2 to 2
ITA 2 to 2
GBR 1 to 2
CHN 1 to 2

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I'm convinced Anna would have won this one. To win the big titles, you have to have nerves of steel, and that child's got them.
I think Trusova would have won it. She recently posted a YouTube clip from the practice. Clean FS with five quads. It seems that her jumps regained the stability.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
But could she keep it together and do that under pressure? That was my point. Competition brings pressure, and so far Anna seems to be the best of the 3As at dealing with that.

olympic

I think any skater who gained traction this season probably lost the most from the event being cancelled: Skaters on the comeback trail [Uno, Zhou - no GP, C/B, DM/G - recovering from injury, C/J - doors opened after 4CCs] or newbies [the Russian trio]. Nathan is already established, so I don't think this is a setback for him. In fact, it's less time off from school [if Yale hasn't closed yet].

But, saving lives is more important than all of this. There have been worse events forcing cancellations such as WW2. I think there was no Worlds from 1940 - 1945, and no Olympics twice.

It's really too bad though that there isn't some sort of contingency plan to hold them in the Summer. I read Dr. Fauci in the Washington Post state that there could be a flattening of the spike in 2 months. It would be great, but probably a fantasy, if they could hold Worlds in the Summer and select a location that had not been as severely affected by the pandemic. Moscow was chosen fairly quickly after JPN suffered the Tsunami in 2011. IDK if the skaters could recalibrate for that timeframe though.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Yale has closed in person classes until April 3. Pretty much the whole state of Connecticut has closed.

Yale University
Yale University is moving all classes online through April 5, school officials announced Tuesday.

Students were on spring break this week, and the university is asking everyone to remain home. Students who remained on campus are being asked to leave no later than Sunday, March 15.

Officials have also prohibited all university-sponsored international travel, and is encouraging people to consider postponing domestic travel and find ways to work online. They are also asking the community to reconsider any personal international travel, and limit domestic travel, especially if it involves large events. You also must register your travel.

A.H.Black

I think those that are robbed the most are those who earned an opportunity to compete at this Worlds, but will never have another opportunity. We don't know who those competitors are for sure, but I'm sure there are several.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information