What's your Olympic wish?

iris81

Gold for Savchenko/Massot, silver for Sui/Han, bronze for James/Cipres.
Gold for Papadakis/Cizeron, silver for Hubbel/Donohue.
Gold for Alina, silver for Osmond.
Gold for OAR in team event.
Clean skates of both sp and lp for Yuzuru, Nathan, Shoma, Javier and Patrick.

paskatefan

Javi for gold (and if not, a podium finish)!
Kaetlyn & Satoko on the podium!
Clean skates from Mirai, Adam, Gabby, Bradie, Karen, Keegan Messing, Alexey Bychenko, Daniel Samohin, Michal Brezina, Misha Ge (I'm assuming he's going), Cappelinni & LaNotte, Weaver & Poje, Gilles & Poirier, etc.
Aliona/Bruno, Sui/Han, James/Cipres on the pairs podium
@ least one US dance team on the dance podium
Fair judging

Lchan

BIG CHEESE ALERT. I'm a sucker for the Olympic dream so I want everyone to skate lights out and go home knowing they put it all out there, did their best, and gave performances of a lifetime. I love it when people rise to the big occasion, get PBs and do better than they ever thought possible.

As a Brit, I don't have anything at stake in the team event. Individually, there are people I'd like to see on the podium but see above re people rising to the occasion. (Also, after repeated years of getting up in the middle of the night to see Kwan NOT win an OGM, I try very hard not to jinx my favourites! ;))

shady82

My biggest wishes are objective judging and no idiotic overfixation with underrotations ala Shin Amano.

My somewhat realistic hopes for the podium are: Chen, Kolyada, and Fernandez for men and any combination of Kostner, Osmond, Miyahara, and Medvedeva for ladies.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Javi for gold (and if not, a podium finish)!
Kaetlyn & Satoko on the podium!
Clean skates from Mirai, Adam, Gabby, Bradie, Karen, Keegan Messing, Alexey Bychenko, Daniel Samohin, Michal Brezina, Misha Ge (I'm assuming he's going), Cappelinni & LaNotte, Weaver & Poje, Gilles & Poirier, etc.
Aliona/Bruno, Sui/Han, James/Cipres on the pairs podium
@ least one US dance team on the dance podium
Fair judging

I like this one. :) I'd love to see good strong skates from all the U.S. ladies, and from C/L and G/P too.

SamuraiK

01. Medal for Javi
02. Gold for Aliona
03. Whoever wins Ladies does not quit/retire/goes into obscurity like lots of previous winners.

clairecloutier

One of my biggest wishes is for Yuzuru Hanyu to have great performances (since he didn't have a good free skate in his first Olympics). I'd like to see him skate magnificently & win again in Pyeongchang. Unfortunately, I don't know what the odds of this are, with his injury.

Finnice

Good skating overall, despite the immense pressure.:cheer2::kickass::respec:
Medal for Javi and Carolina.
Emmi Peltonen getting to top 20 in ladies.
(Other things I dare not to write publicly:p.)

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
Originally, I had a wish that my favorite skater, Anastasia Galustyan, would quality for the Olympics, but unfortunately she is not going to compete there so I guess I should change my wish!

I guess that I will change my wish and hope that the skaters perform very well across the whole series of events and also I especially will be hoping that Keegan from Alaska does well because my wife thinks he is a cutie and she wants to know what kind of cowboy hat he wears in the kiss and cry area so she can get me one for my next birthday.

One other thing I hope for is that the people who present skating on TV, Tara and Johnny, are wearing clothing that will be okay for them in a cold skating rink because last time I saw them on TV they looked like they were going to a clambake on the beach! Something sensible like a down jacket or at least a pants suit would not make me feel so cold for them so I also wish for that.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
  1. Appropriate and justifiable PCS scoring.
  2. A clean Men's event for at least the top 10.
  3. If 2 happens, the podium to magically grow so that Hanyu, Uno, Fernandez, Chen, and Chan all get medals.
  4. ShibSibs bronze.
  5. Medvedeva to up her TES in response to Zagitova, go clean, and win the OGM.
  6. Savchenko/Massot for OGM. Landing a clean Th3A would be a sweet cherry on top.

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

An individual medal for the Shibutanis, and I wouldn't object to a team medal for the Shibs and Hubbell and Donohue :)
And I'd love for the Knierems to skate clean in their programs and prove they are the top American team.
For Adam to skate very very well. And Mirai too and be the top American female in the standings.

alexikeguchi

For everyone to skate their PB and feel satisfied.
For Ladies, a tie for gold between Med and Zag, and a tie for bronze between Satoko and Mirai would be the only way to get all my faves on the podium. I can settle for a team medal for Mirai if that helps with the cosmic order.
For Men, repeat gold for Hanyu and medals for Chen and Fernandez in either order.
For Pairs, S/M, S/H, and J/C in that order.
For Dance, P/C for gold and a podium finish for whichever US team(s) didn't win a team medal... They are so close, and all deserve to leave with hardware.

SkateGuard

Clean skates from Patrick Chan, Gabby Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond and Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford. Medals for Canadian skaters in at least 3/4 disciplines and the team event. Mature, packaged and memorable performers being rewarded.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
I guess that I will change my wish and hope that the skaters perform very well across the whole series of events and also I especially will be hoping that Keegan from Alaska does well because my wife thinks he is a cutie and she wants to know what kind of cowboy hat he wears in the kiss and cry area so she can get me one for my next birthday.

I did not approve of Keegan leaving USA for Canada,but once I saw him in that cowboy hat I had to change my mind,hot stuff! I needed to smoke a menthol cigarette to regain my composure.

One other thing I hope for is that the people who present skating on TV, Tara and Johnny, are wearing clothing that will be okay for them in a cold skating rink because last time I saw them on TV they looked like they were going to a clambake on the beach! Something sensible like a down jacket or at least a pants suit would not make me feel so cold for them so I also wish for that.

Johnny Weir and Tara Ferguson are the embodiment of the corrupt and godless entertainment industry! Sandra Bezic always dressed professionally and had far superior analysis. I will restrain comment on Johnny Weir because of my new year's resolution.

-BB

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I did not approve of Keegan leaving USA for Canada,but once I saw him in that cowboy hat I had to change my mind,hot stuff! I needed to smoke a menthol cigarette to regain my composure.

Johnny Weir and Tara Ferguson are the embodiment of the corrupt and godless entertainment industry! Sandra Bezic always dressed professionally and had far superior analysis. I will restrain comment on Johnny Weir because of my new year's resolution.

-BB
I've always enjoyed programs with cowboy and cowgirl themes. I think they are especially enjoyable in ice dancing because those characters create such interesting positions and shapes on the ice. I don't smoke, but my wife and I enjoy wine coolers when we watch skating!

Did Tara change her name when she got hitched? I am behind the times! I'm not sure what about Johnny and Tara is "godless" but that's sure a funny word!

butyrskafanatic

Banned Member
-No judging scandal like Sotnikova's win in Sochi.

-Zagitova to not win, preferably not to even medal. Such an awful skater.

-Aliona Savchenko, perhaps the finest female pairs skater in history and such a classy and incredible women, to finally get the Olympic Gold she has long deserved.

-Gold for Javier Fernandez, if not him Hanyu. Want them 1-2 in either order.

-Bronze for Hubbell & Donohue, long the most underscored dance team apart from maybe Weaver & Poje, but Weaver & Poje are boring these days anyway.

-Good overall judging in all events.

-Lots of clean performances.

-A bronze for Duhamel & Radford to end their wonderful career in style. Such wonderful people, especialy Eric, and such an exciting and powerful technical team who have helped push pairs skating forward in their own way despite the amount of unfortunate hating they get.

-Weaver & Poje to be used in Team Event so they can get token Olympic silver or bronze they deserve.

-Messing to be used in the Team Event for Canada as he deserves an Olympic medal just for being so cool.

-Papadakis & Cizeron to win gold!

Last edited:

butyrskafanatic

Banned Member
And I'd love for the Knierems to skate clean in their programs and prove they are the top American team.

There isnt anyone that questions that already though is there? I do not think anyone would say otherwise even if they bombed in Pyeongcheng. I do hope they have a great Games and continue post Games though. Such a wonderful team and such wonderful and kind hearted people. Such a beautiful couple off and on ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information