What's your Olympic wish?

I want a Canadian lady to medal, two would be even better though highly unrealistic :D
Javi to win.
Kostner to skate the kind of programs that silence an arena, kind of like Mao's FS in Sochi. I don't even care where she finishes.
The podium to be bigger to accommodate all the pairs and men I want to have a medal :lol:
Both V/M and P/C to skate cleanly.
At least one major upset where someone has the skate of their life.
Chan to skate well.

Bellanca

I have too many Olympic wishes. It is scandalous, tbth. I must admit that I am so deliriously happy that Oly gold could maybe, maybe go to someone unpredictable... Think about it! Wouldn't that be great?! I have always preferred the underdog, the unexpected, does it get any better than that?! (n) Who's with me here?! Surely, there must be a few who are rooting for the unexpected, the underdog?! :rockstar:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
1. Savchenko gold

2. An epic ladies competition with Med, Kostner, Sakamoto, Daleman, Osmond, Zags, and Miyahara all skating well.

3. Endless drama on FSU over dance

4. Mens not to be a total shitshow, I’d love to see Chan win. USA figure skating desperately needs him.

Bellanca

1. Savchenko gold

2. An epic ladies competition with Med, Kostner, Sakamoto, Daleman, Osmond, Zags, and Miyahara all skating well.

3. Endless drama on FSU over dance

4. Mens not to be a total shitshow, I’d love to see Chan win. USA figure skating desperately needs him.
I'm telling you, if Savchenko wins gold, game over!! This household will be partying until the cows come home!! If Kostner wins gold, BEDLAM!!!!

Tofa

I hope IOC will be clear honest and ban Mozer/Tutberidze just like any other Sochi officials/coaches/doctors, so maybe then Medvedeva, Zagitova and T/M refuse to participate there.

chapis

I have too many Olympic wishes. It is scandalous, tbth. I must admit that I am so deliriously happy that Oly gold could maybe, maybe go to someone unpredictable... Think about it! Wouldn't that be great?! I have always preferred the underdog, the unexpected, does it get any better than that?! (n) Who's with me here?! Surely, there must be a few who are rooting for the unexpected, the underdog?! :rockstar:

A few? I think the most of people, especially if they are not so invested in that category, root for the underdog.

MAXSwagg

Men
Hanyu gold
Javi/Boyang in any order after

OR

Hanyu/Chan/Fernandez podium to restore integrity to the discipline.

Dance
P/C gold

Pairs
Sui/Han gold
Aliona/Tarasova-Morozv in any order after

Ladies
Don't really care. It's kind of a joke.

Team
Russia gold
USA silver
Canada bronze

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Team - OARs (Russia) to win gold...and that it not be even close

Pairs - Germans to win. Top 5 for North Koreans...ok, maybe Top 8 more realistic but I can wish!

Men - Javi to win, against all odds. Nathan and Boyang the remaining medals.

Dance - France #1. Chock/Bates silver or bronze, with highest US finish. (Hey, these are our personal hopes!) Top 10 finish for both the Chinese and Japanese. A great finish for the Koreans with the heavenly “Arirang” FD.

Ladies - Sweep by the OARs: Medvedeva - Zagitova - Sotskova...although I wouldn’t mind Kaori Sakamoto in the mix! Top 8 for Dabin Choi.

General wish: that certain skaters who cannot skate up to technical snuff not be propped-up with ridiculously high PCS.

Finally - That lime-green baggy unitards be banned!

Last edited:

Sasha is DIVINE

I am terrified of putting anything I want into writing for fear that it will jinx my faves horribly and what I write will be sure to NOT happen. :lol:

Hmmm on second thought maybe I can use my notorious bad fortune for good... I wish/hope that Alina Zagitova does two perfect gorgeous programs!

:biggrinbo

LOL and now either way I'm screwed cause the universe knows I'm being facetious and to now punish me they are going to give me exactly what I've asked for. :wuzrobbed :wall:

Last edited:

chapis

I am terrified of putting anything I want into writing for fear that it will jinx my faves horribly and what I write will be sure to NOT happen. :lol:

Hmmm on second thought maybe I can use my notorious bad fortune for good... I wish that Alina Zagitova does two perfect gorgeous programs!

:biggrinbo

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Hello! I am new to this forum after my husband told me how funny and smart all of you are. Obviously Keegan is my favorite skater, I felt the same way you did Brenda about him leaving the US, but God preaches that forgiveness is important and Keegan is so darn cute in that cowboy hat that I can't help forgiving him. But no cigarettes for me, yuck!

Anyway, my Olympic wish is for him to have a great Olympic experience and show us the Olympic spirit with his cowboy hat. Do you think he will get to skate in the team event? I like him so much more than that Patrick Chan.

:rofl:

Amazing username. I’m jealous.

jbuckbee

1. Great programs for Adam Rippon, Hubbell/Donohue, and Mirai Nagasu.
2. Hubbell/Donohue to medal.
3. Fair judging.
4. Chock/Bates to beat the Shibutanis.

joubertelegant

Banned Member
It would be criminal if they dont give Aliona the gold this time. She and Massot had better win unless they have 2 falls and Sui & Han skate perfectly. I will be furious otherwise. She deserves it just for her career, plus she should have won in 2010 already.

MAXSwagg

It would be criminal if they dont give Aliona the gold this time. She and Massot had better win unless they have 2 falls and Sui & Han skate perfectly. I will be furious otherwise. She deserves it just for her career, plus she should have won in 2010 already.

This is not an idividual discipline. She might deserved gold but she AND Massot have been riding on her name and reputation that she established with Robin (and then crapped on him with Steuer) since they debuted.

ohashibiles

Banned Member
This is not an idividual discipline. She might deserved gold but she AND Massot have been riding on her name and reputation that she established with Robin (and then crapped on him with Steuer) since they debuted.

I agree, Massot is not near the skater Szolkowy is. Still if they skate like the GPF they have a good case of not only winning gold but deserving it.

dramagrrl

We've tried. Bryce Davison. Kaitlyn Weaver. Piper Gilles. Keegan Messing.

All we want is just a little reciprocity. :saint:
Along with Tanith Belbin, as previously mentioned by a poster above, there's also Christina Carreira, who has won international medals at the junior level for the U.S. with her partner and, if they stay together and continue to progress as they have been, will likely do the same as a senior competitor. ;)

chapis

Along with Tanith Belbin, as previously mentioned by a poster above, there's also Christina Carreira, who has won international medals at the junior level for the U.S. with her partner and, if they stay together and continue to progress as they have been, will likely do the same as a senior competitor. ;)

oh, it is true, Christina is Canadian. I still think they should try compete for Canada.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Clean, inspired performances from Aliev, Chan, James/Cipres and Kostner, Mishin K&C awkwardness with Kostner, happy Lambiel footage, gold for Papadakis/Cizeron, no gold for Hanyu or Zagitova.

Last edited:

zigzig

Men: Chen wins gold with a commanding undeniable performance, Fernandez gets second and Hanyu third
Ladies: Fair, intelligent judging based on performances and not rep (lolz) - a ferocious podium battle with immaculate skates among the projected final 6 (Med, Zag, Sots, Miyahara (or maybe even Sakamoto post 4CC?), Osmond and Kostner)
Pairs: n/a
Dance: Shibs take home a medal

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Men: Chen wins gold with a commanding undeniable performance, Fernandez gets second and Hanyu third
Ladies: Fair, intelligent judging based on performances and not rep (lolz) - a ferocious podium battle with immaculate skates among the projected final 6 (Med, Zag, Sots, Miyahara (or maybe even Sakamoto post 4CC?), Osmond and Kostner)
Pairs: n/a
Dance: Shibs take home a medal
I'm in very much agreement here. I'm going to add Mirai and Bradie to the list, however. The Olympics are always unpredictable to a certain point, and we may just have a surprise waiting to happen.

GreenGan

P/C gold.
Javi on the podium.
Medvedeva for the gold.
The US dance team that is not in the team event wins the Oly bronze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information