What song are you listening to?

Cachoo

This isn't one of Springsteen's songs---it was a request from someone in an audience in Germany but I was struck of how totally comfortable this guy is on stage and how BIG his European audiences have been in the last decade. It is amusing: https://youtu.be/L-Ds-FXGGQg

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
This isn't one of Springsteen's songs---it was a request from someone in an audience in Germany but I was struck of how totally comfortable this guy is on stage and how BIG his European audiences have been in the last decade. It is amusing: https://youtu.be/L-Ds-FXGGQg
That's pretty much Exhibit A for the difference between people who can play instruments and musicians right there.

I always love to see people having fun on stage :).

Cachoo

That's pretty much Exhibit A for the difference between people who can play instruments and musicians right there.

I always love to see people having fun on stage :).
The horns blew me away on that. I love a good horn section.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Totally embarrassing. Watching The Sound of Music for the bazillionith time.

In my defense....It does not get better than Julie Andrews. And that movie came out the year my father died. My mother was a bearly-functioning alacholic. That movie saved my life!

paskatefan

Totally embarrassing. Watching The Sound of Music for the bazillionith time.

In my defense....It does not get better than Julie Andrews. And that movie came out the year my father died. My mother was a barely-functioning alcoholic. That movie saved my life!
Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a classic, heartwarming, wholesome musical/movie (BTW, I adore the original Broadway Cast recording of it, too, with Mary Martin & Theodore Bikel). We own the movie on DVD, but I still watch it every time it's on TV. I've lost count of how many times we've seen it, but it's a lot!

ETA - My favorite line in the movie - when Julie Andrews as Maria is blessing the von Trapp children but can't remember Kurt's name - "God bless what's his name ... God bless Kurt!" :rofl::lol:

Last edited:

Susan1

Tubular Bells. American Top 40 - the 70's. 1974. It's too bad most of that song is so pretty. It still creeps me out.

ETA - #1 - Seasons in the Sun. I still have that 45.

Last edited:

Susan1

Listening in my head - I watched Fiddler on the Roof last night (only about the 10th time) and the songs are still going through my head this morning. Which is a good thing.

We did a medley of the songs in choir in high school, and I couldn't sing the Sabbath Prayer (with all the harmonies, we sounded so good) without choking up so I just had to mouth the words in the concerts.

(sniff sniff)

Susan1

I put my classic rock/oldies station on the computer to take my mind off things. They graced me with I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper. As soon as I hear the first note, I know what it is. I cranked it up. I don't know why I've always loved that song. I was neither 18 or a man. I wasn't listening to Alice Cooper in grade school. It's just a pretty song.

Susan1

Just a coincidence, but Starship Trooper by Yes. And the song before that was Susan by the Buckinghams. I just turned on my online music and Ta-Dah!

ETA - I turned this on at just the right time. Now I can't leave. Triad - CSNY (I like Jefferson Airplane's version better.)
ETA2 - You Keep Me Hangin' On - Vanilla Fudge (7 minutes)

Last edited:

Cachoo

I think I might be doing a deep dive on this artist: Bartees Strange "Heavy Heart"

Susan1

You don't bring me flowers - Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond
I remember watching them perform that on the Grammys. Did you know a radio station originally took their two separate songs from their albums (I have Barbra's Songbird) and played them against each other on two turntables first and spliced it together to play on their local station (I'd have to look it up where), which made Neil and Barbra get together and record the official duet.

And I was coming on here to post - listening to: One of These Nights - Eagles, because it always reminds me of when my friend Cathy and I had pulled into the mall parking lot and I turned off the engine and we stayed in the car listening to that song. I left my keys in the ignition and locked the car. She went in Sears to get a metal hanger. Couldn't do it. A guy (of course) came out and did it for us.

By the time I typed the Barbra stuff, I'm Not in Love - 10CC (American Top 40 the 70s - 1975) came on.

Last edited:

Susan1

I should have put this here instead of my Paul thread.

Breakfast with the Beatles - Jet. They just played Birthday. They should have played Yesterday right before that song. ha ha And I was sitting in the driveway, listening to the old (it's got a cassette player in it and my dad hooked it up to speakers on the wall!) stereo in the garage, breaking up branches of weeds, and Help! came on. My theme song.

Susan1

Me again - not Beatles or Paul. This song has been stuck in my head all day. Maybe a commercial has music that sounds like it or something. I need to get a new CD player. I've had this album since it came out, transferred this song to a cassette tape and all of my tapes to CD.

Susan1

Me again - not Beatles or Paul. This song has been stuck in my head all day. Maybe a commercial has music that sounds like it or something. I need to get a new CD player. I've had this album since it came out, transferred this song to a cassette tape and all of my tapes to CD.

Listening again. Reading the comments underneath - David Crosby, Graham Nash and Toni Tennille: background singers on the album. I DID NOT know that! Wow.

Also from that album -

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information