What song are you listening to?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Kristin Chenoweth - For Good. I went to her concert recently. She invites someone from the audience up to sing with her. It was fun to see the process. (BTW - the concert was fabulous).

Here is a video of Kristin and an 8 1/2 year old from the audience. Be ready to be amazed.

twinsissv

Global Kiss (Steve Oliver), Roll On (Four80East), Rock Steady (Julian Vaughn) and a whole lot of Peter White and Wayman Tisdale!
I am seriously into smooth jazz these days! And it's all good!
:40beers:

Last edited:

Susan1

VH-1 keeps showing Rock Show, the Paul McCartney and Wings concert from 1976. That's one of the Beatles songs they do. And at, I think, 1 hour and 45 minutes or so :), Denny Laine sings and plays Go Now from his Moody Blues days (one of my top 20 of all time songs) with Paul and Linda doing background. *Sigh*

Thinking after I walked away - geez. Instead of editing my post, I'll just respond to myself.....VH-1 "CLASSIC". And "background"? Um, backup.

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I'm listening to my 1972 album, Fleetwood Mac - Bare Trees.

The song I'm listening to now is Sentimental Lady by Bob Welch. This was before Buckingham Nicks joined in 1975. I also believe there was a "fake" Fleetwood Mac in 1974. I believe it had to do with the rights of the name, Fleetwood Mac, etc.

@PeterG I believe you would probably know more of the history than I do. :)

PeterG

@PeterG I believe you would probably know more of the history than I do. :)

I just wrote what I remember reading it from Bob Brunning's Fleetwood Mac biography (he was the original bassist of Fleetwood Mac), but then I looked at Wikipedia and they have more accurate info there from what I remember. Here's the link:

1.3 The fake Fleetwood Mac (1974)

Speaking of early Fleetwood Mac, I'll put forward this one from Buckingham Nicks only solo album from 1973, released less than two years before the self-titled (Over My Head, Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Landslide) album: Frozen Love

Oh, and I see that Mick Fleetwood has just released a new autobiography: Play on: Now, Then, and Fleetwood Mac: The Autobiography

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just wrote what I remember reading it from Bob Brunning's Fleetwood Mac biography (he was the original bassist of Fleetwood Mac), but then I looked at Wikipedia and they have more accurate info there from what I remember. Here's the link:

1.3 The fake Fleetwood Mac (1974)

Speaking of early Fleetwood Mac, I'll put forward this one from Buckingham Nicks only solo album from 1973, released less than two years before the self-titled (Over My Head, Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Landslide) album: Frozen Love

Oh, and I see that Mick Fleetwood has just released a new autobiography: Play on: Now, Then, and Fleetwood Mac: The Autobiography
Thanks for the links. It didn't cross my mind to look it up on Wikipedia. I may also have to buy the autobiography. :)

Alixana

Definitely NOT a sonogram
Ronney Abramson - Your Love Gets Me Around

This is a song from 1977 that probably only got airplay in Canada. I'm curious as to whether anyone remembers it? I had completely forgot about it until I found a website that lists various singles released in Canada by year. This song is pop, but has a light jazz feel to it. Perhaps a bit of a Phoebe Snow/Maria Muldaur/Terri Gibbs vibe??

Yep, I remember it well. Remember dancing to it at prom! Aging myself .. sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information