U.S. Pairs 2020-21 season - News & Updates, Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolla5501

I am not surprised. For all intents and purposes,that dreadful bald head signified he had given up. A shame.
It shows he has a lot more class than you’ll ever have. What a trashy tacky statement.

As for Danny and Tarah unfortunately if they were in it for the Olympics it’s probably not going to happen and I can see what that might make him want to retire.

we will be doing it to get one spot or 2 spots for the Olympics and right now they probably aren’t one of the ones USFS wants to send.

feraina

K/O splitting would open up the US pairs field a bit compared to the last few years. It was quite crowded at the top. But now two of the top teams have split, plus also C/T and S-D/B pretty recently. C-G/L were the exciting newcomers just a couple years ago and now they’re the veterans!

Cleo1782

Listen, I am a former skater. I am not here to call out all the technical problems in her jumps. I am just saying I like them and thought they were good. Nothing else. They were a great team that had some good results that's all. If/when they retire I will miss them. Their take me to church SP is probably one of my favorite programs of all time.

happycamper2554

Listen, I am a former skater. I am not here to call out all the technical problems in her jumps. I am just saying I like them and thought they were good. Nothing else. They were a great team that had some good results that's all. If/when they retire I will miss them. Their take me to church SP is probably one of my favorite programs of all time.

I will miss the continuing stream of warehouses from them. I enjoy all of them

Willin

I was so annoyed that they only used that program for a short time. It was really an amazing program that deserved more attention. Then they went right back to warhorses.

2quick notes:
Prerotation is absolutely a tech panel issue and should be addressed (or at least it is in CAN where I judge).
Also, the usfsa can’t split partners like China because they don’t fund their development
Even though USFSA can't split partners, they have been known to strongly recommend changes and facilitate partnership changes. The most prominent example would be Cain/Leduc, but after that success they've been having pair's try out camps for partnerless pair's skaters and singles skaters that may fit into pair's nicely. IIRC they've also suggested partner changes in the past that have been successful. Just because they can't force the change doesn't mean they can't strongly encourage the change to move in the direction they want.

skatingguy

decently
2quick notes:
Prerotation is absolutely a tech panel issue and should be addressed (or at least it is in CAN where I judge).
Also, the usfsa can’t split partners like China because they don’t fund their development
I think I should have said that they could indicate a jump is pre-rotated, but they can't review a jump for pre-rotation.

Cleo1782

Lol They skated to take me to church for 2 seasons. I just don't like the hate Tarah gets. Is Danny better? For sure but she's fabulous in her own right. She came out of nowhere to pair with Danny and did a lot for the sport. You have to remember Danny is her first and only partner....

olympic

Lol They skated to take me to church for 2 seasons. I just don't like the hate Tarah gets. Is Danny better? For sure but she's fabulous in her own right. She came out of nowhere to pair with Danny and did a lot for the sport. You have to remember Danny is her first and only partner....
To their credit, it looks like their team tried to hide the difference with use of choreography: Over the last 2 years in their programs, Tarah would 'follow' Danny by skating behind him, holding his arm with both her arms as a choreographic move, and he would kind of bring her along.

I want to clarify that I liked K/O. In fact, I cheer any and all advancements by any US pair because we need all we can get on the World stage. For example, when they passed 190 at a recent GS comp., I was quite happy because it contributed to US skating generally and to say the least is an encouragement for the team.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
It shows he has a lot more class than you’ll ever have. What a trashy tacky statement.
When was the last bald World medalist? European medalist? Grand Prix medalist?

I await your list with bated breath.

Whether you want to admit it or not (under the guise of "political correctness"),figure skating is a visual sport and attractiveness plays a significant part in judging. That cue ball look was extreme and signaled he had one foot out the door. There are many paints,powders,and synthetics available for those those afflicted with baldness.

-BB

pairskatingfan

Whether you want to admit it or not (under the guise of "political correctness"),figure skating is a visual sport and attractiveness plays a significant part in judging. That cue ball look was extreme and signaled he had one foot out the door. There are many paints,powders,and synthetics available for those those afflicted with baldness.

-BB
This is ridiculous. Take your hatred and go somewhere else. He is a fantastically talented skater and doesn't need your trash anyways.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
This is ridiculous. Take your hatred and go somewhere else. He is a fantastically talented skater and doesn't need your trash anyways.

BB is not talking out of hate. It’s cheekiness. And some people just never understand other types of sense of humors. It’s time to breathe, let our man buns down and indulge in a glass of Wild Turkey. Wherever you are and whatever time it is there!

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
BB is not talking out of hate. It’s cheekiness. And some people just never understand other types of sense of humors. It’s time to breathe, let our man buns down and indulge in a glass of Wild Turkey. Wherever you are and whatever time it is there!

I'm raising my glass right now. Cheers,hon.

I admit a slight prejudice against hairless men as over the years I have become very acclimated to Mr. Bottems' rather robust body hair.

-BB

Carolla5501

-BB

The fact that you even believe this garbage shows how clueless you are. They didn’t win championships due to their skating not his lack of hair

And your fans seem to think you’re being witty and charming. Really people it’s witty and charming to be mean and poke fun of people. Oh that’s so nice. After all this was your family member you be fine with this kind of thing right? Unbelievable
Thank goodness for ignore

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
The fact that you even believe this garbage shows how clueless you are. They didn’t win championships due to their skating not his lack of hair

And your fans seem to think you’re being witty and charming. Really people it’s witty and charming to be mean and poke fun of people. Oh that’s so nice. After all this was your family member you be fine with this kind of thing right? Unbelievable
Thank goodness for ignore
You must really get angry when you read The Onion.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Did I put too much Kahlúa in my Cheerios this morning or was that Timothy LeDuc with Simone biles in the Uber eats commercial? On TV today

skylark

USFS' Group Chat 'fluff' videos with pair skaters:

Cain-Gribble ("Watch me answer no questions 👏🏻👏🏻"), LeDuc, Brown, Tennell #2: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIUGkBkAHKW/
#1 (posted on Halloween): https://www.instagram.com/p/CHA4lADgVe9/

Calalang, Johnson, A. Knierim, Frazier #2: https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_AU6Qgxyb/
#1 (Star Wars-themed): https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbQlOrA4Ih/
Brandon is so adorable. Maybe it's partly that he's being paid more attention now, but his personality has really come forward lately.

sk8nlizard

Brandon is so adorable. Maybe it's partly that he's being paid more attention now, but his personality has really come forward lately.
I actually noticed when watching their interviews that he seems way more willing to speak up in interviews than Chris did.
Speaking of them, I just saw an Instagram story Alexa posted of them doing an absolutely beautiful throw triple loop. I am not usually excited about American pairs but I admit to be excited about them! I just hope the pairing didn’t start too late, not sure if they are planning to compete after the Olympics. They seem to be getting quite good from the glimpses we see on social media!

skylark

I actually noticed when watching their interviews that he seems way more willing to speak up in interviews than Chris did.
Speaking of them, I just saw an Instagram story Alexa posted of them doing an absolutely beautiful throw triple loop. I am not usually excited about American pairs but I admit to be excited about them! I just hope the pairing didn’t start too late, not sure if they are planning to compete after the Olympics. They seem to be getting quite good from the glimpses we see on social media!
Alexa had been saying for the last year or two that she and Chris were putting their hearts into the "last few years" of their competitive career, something like that; and it sounded like she meant only through 2022 Olympics. But Brandon's about 5 years younger than Chris, and I could see Brandon and Alexa going further. It's a brand new lease on competitive life for both of them, it seems to me. Both Alexa and Brandon seem freed from the worries that had been building up with their long-time partners, and I'm happy for them in that. Chris seems so much happier too. I still feel for Haven in all this. I hope she gets a chance to fulfill what she'd like to try for in the present and future.

sk8nlizard

Alexa had been saying for the last year or two that she and Chris were putting their hearts into the "last few years" of their competitive career, something like that; and it sounded like she meant only through 2022 Olympics. But Brandon's about 5 years younger than Chris, and I could see Brandon and Alexa going further. It's a brand new lease on competitive life for both of them, it seems to me. Both Alexa and Brandon seem freed from the worries that had been building up with their long-time partners, and I'm happy for them in that. Chris seems so much happier too. I still feel for Haven in all this. I hope she gets a chance to fulfill what she'd like to try for in the present and future.
I always got the impression that 2022 was her (and Chris’) end goal. But I agree, when I watched Alexa and Brandon skate not only was I impressed but they seemed so happy and free from past struggles that I would be sad if they were only in it til the Olympics. To think that they might never go to a World Championships is kind of disheartening as I have been so impressed with them thus far. Maybe the improvements will encourage them to go for longer, even if it’s not an entire Olympic cycle. I know hindsight is 20/20, but it makes me wish they had paired up after the 2018 Olympics.
I do hope that Haven is doing well. I saw that she posted some stuff congratulating them on social media after SA so hopefully she was okay with everything that happened. I always enjoyed Haven and Brandon (more than Alexa and Chris) but it seems like Alexa and Brandon are developing into quite the good pair team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information