U.S. Figure skating streaming coverage will move to Peacock Premium starting in Fall 2020

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from the GSD thread:
I happened to be on the Peacock app last night and it looks like they have all the listings for Nationals up. Looks like practice cams will start on Wednesday. I found everything listed my clicking browse, sports and then scrolling down to skating. Looks like a lot of coverage!
Start times (in Eastern time) are approximate as the colored schedule will be updated due to the recent withdrawals.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021:
Practice Cam, Pt. 1 12:00pm [Pairs/Dance/Ladies]
Practice Cam, Pt. 2 5:00pm [Pairs/Dance]

Thursday, January 14:
Practice Cam, Pt. 1 10:00am [Pairs/Ladies SP warmups, Dance/Men]
Thu. Jan. 14 (Central/Mountain/Pacific time)/Fri. Jan. 15 (Eastern time): Practice Cam, Pt. 2 12:05am [Men]

Friday, January 15:
Practice Cam, Pt. 1 11:40am [Dance FD warmup/Men]
Practice Cam, Pt. 2 6:00pm [Ladies FS warmup]
Practice Cam, Pt. 3 11:05pm [Pairs]

Saturday, January 16: Practice Cam 10:40am [warmups for Men SP/Pairs FS/Dance FD]

Sunday, January 17: Practice Cam 12:45pm [Men FS warmup]

ETA that the Peacock competition streaming times are included in this NBC/NBCSN broadcast schedule article, published today (Jan. 11):

Last edited:

myhoneyhoney

Ok, other than Netflix and Philo , I'm completely clueless with all these streaming channels. Please help.

I have a Roku and would like to watch Nationals. Do I add the Peacock channel? Should I get Peacock premium? Something else?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Ok, other than Netflix and Philo , I'm completely clueless with all these streaming channels. Please help.

I have a Roku and would like to watch Nationals. Do I add the Peacock channel? Should I get Peacock premium? Something else?
You have to subscribe to Peacock premium to watch the skating content- although there might be a free week trial, not sure. Yes, it's an app just like Netflix or Hulu.

Lizziebeth

Fire Stick users who used Downloader to install Peacock may want to update to the latest version. Instructions are here https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-upd...acock-tv-app-on-amazon-fire-tv-and-firestick/
I just bought a fire stick and I would really appreciate what the above means. I have an old smart TV and the fire stick will plug into it. What will I do? Sorry for being so dumb and I am very willing to give this a try so I can watch on the big screen instead of my computer monitor.

ETA: I already subscribe to Peacock Premium

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I don't believe so but maybe people outside the USA could try registering -- using a VPN? -- for the free, 7-day trial before Skate America starts and see it it works for them? https://www.peacocktv.com/skating
thanks, I'm now in beautiful hawaii (virtually) ;) Just need to figure out when to start.

ETA.. OH NO! It knows I have a vpn and even though all signed up for free it won't let me access and says 'accessing Peacock through a VPN is restricted.. ugh

Last edited:

honey

Super frustrated that I can’t even give my money to peacock to watch US nationals in Canada lol. Kinda missing ice network right about now :shuffle:

Ashley Wagner has mentioned she’s commentating on the world feed, so holding out hope that somehow I will be able to watch. She mentioned on Instagram last night that she was trying to find out more about how to access the world feed.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Super frustrated that I can’t even give my money to peacock to watch US nationals in Canada lol. Kinda missing ice network right about now :shuffle:

Ashley Wagner has mentioned she’s commentating on the world feed, so holding out hope that somehow I will be able to watch. She mentioned on Instagram last night that she was trying to find out more about how to access the world feed.
Can you post if you hear anything.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
If you have a VPN with several US servers, keep testing and hopefully you’ll find one that works. I can get Peacock to play but it’s definitely hit or miss as to whether the IP’s blocked. At least the error page is cute. :p

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I just bought a fire stick and I would really appreciate what the above means. I have an old smart TV and the fire stick will plug into it. What will I do? Sorry for being so dumb and I am very willing to give this a try so I can watch on the big screen instead of my computer monitor.

ETA: I already subscribe to Peacock Premium
Ok, here’s the short version. Amazon (Fire) and NBC have not agreed to terms for the Peacock app. So, you need to install Peacock using a 3rd party service. I used these instructions https://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-install-sideload-peacock-app-by-nbc-on-amazon-fire-tv-or-firestick/

The only downside to doing it this way is that the app will show up as an unlabeled gray blob in the Firestick’s menu.

Lizziebeth

SLIVER

Long shot, if anyone knows of a stream would really appreciate it!
Usually I use vpn on icenetwork, or NBC Gold but doesn't work on Peacock :-(

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
The only thing I watch on Peacock is skating. I really wish it would be smart and recognize that. YouTube automatically knows to show me all live skating on the Home Screen if something is happening and I don’t even pay for that.

barbk

Signed up for Peacock Premium tonight. In the PBP thread for the ladies, there is mention of commentators. I didn't hear anything but the music and the announcer in the arena. That was awesome, but I don't know what I did so as not to have the Johnny & Tara show. Is there a place where you choose that option? (I would like to hear Tanith for ice dancing.)

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Signed up for Peacock Premium tonight. In the PBP thread for the ladies, there is mention of commentators. I didn't hear anything but the music and the announcer in the arena. That was awesome, but I don't know what I did so as not to have the Johnny & Tara show. Is there a place where you choose that option? (I would like to hear Tanith for ice dancing.)
I think those were folks who were watching the NBC broadcast live.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Commentary is on NBCsn.

Aceon6

@barbk No commentary is Peacock, commentary and ads are on NBCSN. Like you, I prefer good commentary, so I just pick and choose. If you have cable or don’t get NBCSN in your package, there’s currently no way to hear Tanith.

annie720

@barbk No commentary is Peacock, commentary and ads are on NBCSN. Like you, I prefer good commentary, so I just pick and choose. If you have cable or don’t get NBCSN in your package, there’s currently no way to hear Tanith.
I was able to watch Tanith using this NBCSN stream yesterday while having Peacock on TV. You just have to play around to see which of the three streams is showing skating. It worked well for the short time I was on. Ended up bailing after a few minutes because the ads got to me and the timing was so far off between the two feeds that it was annoying to follow both.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The only thing I watch on Peacock is skating. I really wish it would be smart and recognize that. YouTube automatically knows to show me all live skating on the Home Screen if something is happening and I don’t even pay for that.
Same for me. By now you’d think that Peacock would remember that I watch only figure skating but, no, they’re determined to turn me into a rugby fanatic.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
For some reason Peacock wouldn't show me the free dances last night in spite of multiple efforts on my part.

It wasn't the end of the world. I watched it on TV instead. But it was mildly irritating.

maureenfarone

For some reason Peacock wouldn't show me the free dances last night in spite of multiple efforts on my part.

It wasn't the end of the world. I watched it on TV instead. But it was mildly irritating.
I didn't stay up last night for the second part of the FD. I've checked under browse sports, searching on ice skate and then skate and can't find the second part of the FD anywhere. I like the streaming on Peacock but the organization is terrible.

I searched on Free Dance and Part 2 of the Free Dance is there.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I didn't stay up last night for the second part of the FD. I've checked under browse sports, searching on ice skate and then skate and can't find the second part of the FD anywhere. I like the streaming on Peacock but the organization is terrible.

I searched on Free Dance and Part 2 of the Free Dance is there.
When I can't find stuff by searching, I go to Sports and then scroll down to the figure skating. Everything is there when you do that. It's just a pain.

Aceon6

Let’s keep complaining. I’ve been tweeting Peacock and USFS fairly frequently on this. Whoever is tagging their content has no understanding of sports. And if you think we’re being picked on, try Biathlon. You have to know the comp location for that as well. Why they think the location is more important than the name of the sport, who knows.

LeafOnTheWind

When I can't find stuff by searching, I go to Sports and then scroll down to the figure skating. Everything is there when you do that. It's just a pain.
The practice cam replays weren't there on the Roku for me yesterday. I had to go to the search function and type in practice for them to come up. The upcoming practices were on the main sports page though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information