U.S. Figure skating streaming coverage will move to Peacock Premium starting in Fall 2020

syzygy

For those of you who didn't get Peacock Premium Plus, are the ads intrusive or are they just during breaks and ice cuts?

maureenfarone

I'm wondering about the lack of ads. I am only going to pay for the $4.99 with ads, but since this was the trial period I think maybe the lack of ads might just be temporary for the trial 7 day period.

Guess I will find out during Cup of China.

syzygy

I think I'll go with the $4.99 then. Not much else I'd be using Peacock for anyway.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I'm wondering about the lack of ads. I am only going to pay for the $4.99 with ads, but since this was the trial period I think maybe the lack of ads might just be temporary for the trial 7 day period.

I have the annual subscription and didn’t have any ads. I think the ads are only for shows/movies.

MacMadame

Doing all the things

Inserting ads during live sporting events that are streamed is very difficult. I would be surprised if the skating on Peacock gets interrupted by ads.

alj5

Inserting ads during live sporting events that are streamed is very difficult. I would be surprised if the skating on Peacock gets interrupted by ads.
I've seen a single 20-30s second ad immediately after the skater finishes skating.

Sylvia

TBD
For Peacock Premium subscribers in USA (all Cup of China event start times are Eastern):

Friday, November 6 (overnight Thursday):
Rhythm Dance 2:30am
Ladies' Short 3:30am
Men's Short 5:00am
Pairs Short 6:20am

Saturday, November 7 (overnight Friday):
Free Dance 1:30am
Ladies' Free 2:45am
Men's Free 4:10am
Pairs Free 5:30am

gkelly

I did a Google search for "Peacock Cup of China"

Here's what I got:

etc.

love skating

Clueless American
The Today Show during their 'steals and deals' segment has a half off offer for Peacock Premium. $24.99 for a year with the promo code: Today50 Not sure if it's just for today or not - the link below says "Get it while it lasts" and you have to be a new paying subscriber. I'm tempted to get it but at the same time I wonder how much skating we will actually get this year. Anyway, thought others could benefit from the deal!

https://www.today.com/shop/steals-deals-holiday-table-decor-t198260

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The Today Show during their 'steals and deals' segment has a half off offer for Peacock Premium. $24.99 for a year with the promo code: Today50 Not sure if it's just for today or not - the link below says "Get it while it lasts" and you have to be a new paying subscriber. I'm tempted to get it but at the same time I wonder how much skating we will actually get this year. Anyway, thought others could benefit from the deal!

https://www.today.com/shop/steals-deals-holiday-table-decor-t198260
Thanks a lot. Just a few days ago I was set on this idea that I didn't need a complete sweep of the streaming services and that I wasn't going to buy Peacock, you had to post this.

So, I'm in. :lol:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I did a Google search for "Peacock Cup of China"

Here's what I got:

etc.
Well was any of it at least gliding on ice?

LeafOnTheWind

Anyone know of a live help link for Peacock? I can only find useless automated chat crap and articles. I did email NBC.com directly. Not sure that will do any good.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
No good way to contact them, I messaged them on SM but I doubt anyone is working those accounts 24/7.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’ve bee using Twitter to report issues. I never get a direct response, but they seem to be monitoring the account.

Teamgracie

I don’t have it yet either. Everything else is there but not free dance. Weird..but I have found it’s usually available day after.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I don’t have it yet either. Everything else is there but not free dance. Weird..but I have found it’s usually available day after.
If you search Rostelecom, it will be there. 99% certain that they just didn't tag the free dance to be in the same grouping with all the other skating.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
If you search Rostelecom, it will be there. 99% certain that they just didn't tag the free dance to be in the same grouping with all the other skating.
This. The real time airing wasn’t tagged properly. Searching with as few letters as “Rostel” will bring it into view.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Peacock Premium has all 8 events from Rostelecom Cup available to watch on demand when I checked the website just now.
I had Ladies after all. I was confused because when you click on it, it says "coverage will begin shortly" for enough time that I didn't realize there was actual coverage if you just waited long enough. I did figure it out eventually though.

Something that has helped me is as soon as the coverage shows up as Coming Soon (a few days before the comp), I go in and put every event on my watchlist. Then they are always on my first page and I never have to go looking for them. I take them off the watch list as I watch them so my watch list is a convenient list of events I haven't seen yet.

Teamgracie

Thanks all, I wasn’t searching. I was going to sports and figure skating! Love being able to watch all of these without any commentary 🎉

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting a relevant excerpt here from the "U.S. TV figure skating schedule for 2020-21" thread (2021 Nationals TV broadcast schedule as of Dec. 15 can be viewed here https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...sn-olympic-channel.107668/page-2#post-5914796):

The 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships competitions, including every skater in every discipline, can be streamed live and on-demand on NBCUniversal's digital streaming platform Peacock Premium. In addition to coverage of the Championships, the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota will debut on Peacock on Dec. 22. The competition, which will be conducted virtually, enables junior and senior athletes from across the country to qualify for the U.S. Championships.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
In addition to coverage of the Championships, the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota will debut on Peacock on Dec. 22. The competition, which will be conducted virtually, enables junior and senior athletes from across the country to qualify for the U.S. Championships.

Peacock Premium - came across these scheduled qualifying events listed under Sports / Figure Skating Ice Skating:

Sr. Men's Free Skate 1
December 21 8:00am

Sr. Men's Free Skate 2
December 21 9:30am

Sr. Pairs' Free Skate 1
December 21 12:00pm

Jr. Men's Free Skate 1
December 21 1:30pm

Jr. Men's Free Skate 2
December 21 3:00pm

Jr. Men's Free Skate 3
December 21 4:30pm

Sr. Ladies' Free Skate 1
December 22 8:00am

Sr. Ladies Free Skate 2
December 22 9:30am

Sr. Ladies Free Skate 3
December 22 12:00pm

Sr. Ladies' Free Skate 4
December 22 1:30pm

Jr. Free Dance
December 22 3:00pm

Jr. Pairs' Free Skate
December 22 4:30pm

Jr. Ladies Free Skate 1
December 23 8:00am

Jr. Ladies Free Skate 2
December 23 9:30am

Jr. Ladies Free Skate 3
December 23 12:00pm

Jr. Ladies Free Skate 4
December 23 1:30pm

Jr. Ladies Free Skate 5
December 23 3:00pm

Jr. Ladies Free Skate 6
December 23 4:30pm

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
In addition to coverage of the Championships, the 2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series presented by Toyota will debut on Peacock on Dec. 22. The competition, which will be conducted virtually, enables junior and senior athletes from across the country to qualify for the U.S. Championships.

Peacock Premium - came across these scheduled qualifying events listed under Sports / Figure Skating Ice Skating:

Sr. Men's Free Skate 1
December 21 8:00am

Sr. Men's Free Skate 2
December 21 9:30am

Sr. Pairs' Free Skate 1
December 21 12:00pm

Jr. Men's Free Skate 1
December 21 1:30pm

Jr. Men's Free Skate 2
December 21 3:00pm

Jr. Men's Free Skate 3
December 21 4:30pm