This Is Us, season 5

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
The last show was a repeat of the 3 babies' births. I loved that episode!

Sylvia

TBD

“Whoever casually first said ‘All good things must come to an end’ never had to end their favorite thing,” Fogelman, 45, wrote. “While sad to have just 1 season left, also grateful to NBC for letting us end the show how, and when, we always intended.”

The executive producer, who also writes and directs for the drama, promised, “We’ll work hard to stick the landing.”

This Is Us‘ sixth and final season is being held for midseason/early 2022, at which point its 18 episodes will unspool largely uninterrupted.
“Obviously because of COVID this year, [This Is Us‘] schedule has been on-and-off,” Susan Rovner, NBC Universal Television’s Chairman of Entertainment, acknowledged to TVLine in a Friday conference call, “and we want to honor the fans by making sure have the best viewing experience possible” for the acclaimed family drama’s farewell run.
“By putting it at midseason, we’ll have the least interruptions possible,” Rovner explained. “I think it’ll be a great event for the fans to enjoy this incredible show.”

Last edited:

Judy

This is the last season? Like the end?

Sylvia

TBD
I didn't want to confuse people so that's why I included an excerpt from the 3rd article in my post: "This Is Us‘ sixth and final season is being held for midseason/early 2022, at which point its 18 episodes will unspool largely uninterrupted."

Judy

I didn't want to confuse people so that's why I included an excerpt from the 3rd article in my post: "This Is Us‘ sixth and final season is being held for midseason/early 2022, at which point its 18 episodes will unspool largely uninterrupted."
Thanks. Omg it will be so sad that it ends though.

Sylvia

TBD
The season 5 finale tonight airs at 10 pm Eastern (after the 2-hour finale of The Voice).

BaileyCatts

Interesting. I still think that since we have not seen who Kevin's wife is in the future scenes, that its not Madison. I think they get married for several years, amicably separate and co-parent together, but that they are not together in the future. Of course ... I could be wrong too. I guess we'll see. :rofl:

I hope since tonight is the finale we get more future story and "who" is getting out of the white car. I think it will be Miguel along with Kate and her kids. Again .... could be wrong! :lol:

I still think there is enough story to tell that they could get at least 2 more seasons out of it and end in like Season 8 instead of Season 6. I don't want this show to end. :cry:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
That might have been the biggest WTH moment I have had while watching this show (and heaven knows we've had a lot of them in the last five years!).....how the heck are they gonna explain that in one final season?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

taf2002

I prefer to believe that Kevin is going to realize that he does love Madison, he just didn't think about it until he was challenged. And BTW could Uncle Nick be any more annoying?

I loved the scene with Randall & Rebecca. That's a conversation long past due.

love skating

Clueless American
Since we knew from the earlier flashforward that Toby seemed to be alone and depressed (and eagle eyes said without a wedding ring) when Kate's teacher declined her resignation I thought "Oh no, he's going to be trouble for their marriage" but didn't really think she'd be getting married to him four years from now! I would say seeing this scene of Kate marrying the Brit is on par with that first scene of modern day Rebecca walking into Randall's house with husband Miguel. This Is Us sure loves to do that to us!

I like that Madison stood up for herself and I too hope Kevin later falls in love with her. They seemed happy and chummy four years later but of course they are co-parents so who knows. I don't want Kevin back with Sophie. The die hard Sophie fans seem to think they should have a fairytale ending - well watching the first couple episodes of this series should tell you that this show is not about happily ever after fairy tales. It's about a family's ups and downs and many loves and hurts. Not everything goes as planned in life. I'm glad that they have an end date so they can wrap everything up, but like others said - that's a lot to wrap up! I kinda wished Dan Fogelman decided to do one more season (seven instead of six) because this year's season felt short due to the YKW. (I just looked it up and this season was only 2 episodes shorter than the rest but it still felt short!) I sure am going to miss this show when it's over!!

Judy

Since we knew from the earlier flashforward that Toby seemed to be alone and depressed (and eagle eyes said without a wedding ring) when Kate's teacher declined her resignation I thought "Oh no, he's going to be trouble for their marriage" but didn't really think she'd be getting married to him four years from now! I would say seeing this scene of Kate marrying the Brit is on par with that first scene of modern day Rebecca walking into Randall's house with husband Miguel. This Is Us sure loves to do that to us!

I like that Madison stood up for herself and I too hope Kevin later falls in love with her. They seemed happy and chummy four years later but of course they are co-parents so who knows. I don't want Kevin back with Sophie. The die hard Sophie fans seem to think they should have a fairytale ending - well watching the first couple episodes of this series should tell you that this show is not about happily ever after fairy tales. It's about a family's ups and downs and many loves and hurts. Not everything goes as planned in life. I'm glad that they have an end date so they can wrap everything up, but like others said - that's a lot to wrap up! I kinda wished Dan Fogelman decided to do one more season (seven instead of six) because this year's season felt short due to the YKW. (I just looked it up and this season was only 2 episodes shorter than the rest but it still felt short!) I sure am going to miss this show when it's over!!
I wanted Kevin with Sophie throughout the show but then I really liked Madison.

Wow to Kate though. I have always really liked Toby. This show guts me sometimes.

taf2002

I usually don't like a lot of stuff on wedding gowns but the bodice of Kate's was so beautiful. But I don't believe in the divorce theory. Kate & Toby were repeating their vows. Anything else is going to make me angry.

skategal

Bunny mama
I usually don't like a lot of stuff on wedding gowns but the bodice of Kate's was so beautiful. But I don't believe in the divorce theory. Kate & Toby were repeating their vows. Anything else is going to make me angry.
There are all kinds of interviews with the Directors and cast saying it's true (ie. Kate and Toby divorce and she marries Phillip.)

I'm sad too. :(

I'm guessing they wanted to show all spectrums of marriage and family structures in the show:

married young and stayed married - Randall
remarried after death of spouse - Rebecca
married late or not married - Kevin
married, divorced, remarried - Kate

skategal

Bunny mama
People online are wondering if there is a connection between Madison and Phillip because Madison’s mother is British and so is Phillip.

In other words why would the writers specifically indicate that Madison’s mother is British?

Judy

People online are wondering if there is a connection between Madison and Phillip because Madison’s mother is British and so is Phillip.

In other words why would the writers specifically indicate that Madison’s mother is British?
I would think Phillip‘s connection is with working with the blind etc kids. Remember how much trouble Toby had adapting and accepting their son in the beginning.

manhn

It seems weird to have a former son-in-law visiting the seemingly pending death of a former mother-in-law. I guess he could be there because of Jack and Hailey, but still a bit weird. I remember it was Randall who persuaded Toby to come, so it appears they remained close over (Toby always seemed to prefer Randall over Kevin).

It will take A LOT for the show to make me ever really like Phillip. We only have one more season left and I don't really have the bandwidth to care for an essentially new character. Especially, when we have characters like Miguel who has not been given his own backstory episode.

I just hope Toby has his own fulfilling life.

skategal

Bunny mama
It seems weird to have a former son-in-law visiting the seemingly pending death of a former mother-in-law. I guess he could be there because of Jack and Hailey, but still a bit weird. I remember it was Randall who persuaded Toby to come, so it appears they remained close over (Toby always seemed to prefer Randall over Kevin).

It will take A LOT for the show to make me ever really like Phillip. We only have one more season left and I don't really have the bandwidth to care for an essentially new character. Especially, when we have characters like Miguel who has not been given his own backstory episode.

I just hope Toby has his own fulfilling life.
I read that Rebecca and Miguel’s love story will be told in Season 6.

I agree about Phillip. He always struck me as a jerk.

I remember the scenes where Rebecca is dying and Toby says to Randall something like “Are you sure she wants me there?”

That was the first clue that things weren’t well between Kate and Toby.

BaileyCatts

So I've watched the ending like a billion times :lol: and read all the articles about Kate and Toby divorce and the future scenes with Toby implying they aren't together but I've come to the conclusion I ain't buyin' it. :rofl:

Hear me out ....... I think its all an elaborate rouse to make us 'think' they are apart. We know its 5 years later and I think they go thru some stuff, separate for a while and maybe even divorce, but the wedding is Kate and Toby either renewing vows or remarrying. I read one article (which of course I can't find again) that said there is something about Kate's dress that is a clue. Is that the same dress Kate wore when she married Toby cause I don't remember. Maybe the same dress but restyled or something? I think the thing with Kevin and Philip and 'future brother-in-law' is because Kevin is engaged to Philip's (unseen) sister, thus making him 'future brother-in-law'. I think the future scene with Toby and the 'are you sure she wants me here' is him thinking Rebecca just wants to be with her children in her final moments. Whatta think ... too much??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't like Philip. I don't see Philip and Kate as a couple. I want Kate and Toby to be together. So I will live in my fantasy until my TV tells me otherwise. :rofl:

PeterG

So I'm the only one who has never warmed to Toby? He's less irritating than before, but that's all I've got for something positive to say about his character.... :shuffle:

Sylvia

TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information