This Is Us, season 5

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I'm glad the producers don't answer all the quarentine questions. The episode was more like it would have been in normal times. All the red tape really wouldn't advance the story. And if they let Kevin on the plane without his ID which would actually never happen, that's ok with me too.

manhn said:
The scene with Randall and Beth had me sobbing. Please next weeks episode actually air next week!

I like the new Randall. The constant angst was getting very old. I understood why he was like that but stilll....

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Well, the passport thing not being explained still bothers me (yeah, I know, I'm a nerd, LOL) but tonight's ep overall might be my favorite episode of this show EVER and that's quite a statement coming from me since I tend to love most of the episodes and they've had some really great ones over the years. It made me cry a LOT though so if you're even a little emotional over anything, I would make sure to have some tissues nearby just in case, LOL ;)

Confession: Everything I thought was going to happen or could happen tonight (most of it bad...) actually didn't happen so that was a nice change of pace and it genuinely surprised me too. The writers of this show have had some hiccups at times but overall, they don't disappoint and I'm really happy with how the episode went tonight. :cheer: :fragile:

taf2002

I love the new Big 3 & the associated stories about the births & what their names signify. And I've never liked Randall so much. That may have been my favorite episode too. The backstory about the computer scientist was interesting too & how his work made sharing the baby news with pictures possible.

Susan1

Well, the passport thing not being explained still bothers me (yeah, I know, I'm a nerd, LOL) but tonight's ep overall might be my favorite episode of this show EVER and that's quite a statement coming from me since I tend to love most of the episodes and they've had some really great ones over the years. It made me cry a LOT though so if you're even a little emotional over anything, I would make sure to have some tissues nearby just in case, LOL ;)

Confession: Everything I thought was going to happen or could happen tonight (most of it bad...) actually didn't happen so that was a nice change of pace and it genuinely surprised me too. The writers of this show have had some hiccups at times but overall, they don't disappoint and I'm really happy with how the episode went tonight. :cheer: :fragile:
I cry over dog food commercials (my aunt's saying), but this show doesn't do that to me. Until they got to the Rose part, and she's not even part of the family. My mom's middle name was Rose. Aside - Rose's husband was the guy who killed all those people on Grey's Anatomy. I recognized his voice right away. And Mandy Moore was Bailey's patient in that episode. We-ird.

love skating

Clueless American
I too want a Miguel backstory. When we first saw the computer guy I thought it was young Miguel at first! I was convinced (from before this episode) that the birth mom would keep the baby and little Jack's sister that we saw in the future was not this baby as I'm so used to This is Us pulling a fast one on us - I was wrong. When I read This is Us social media I often see comments from people who are pining away still hopeful that Kevin ends up with Sophie and many seemed to have this theory that Madison would die (I kid you not) in labor and Kevin would find himself back with Sophie. I'm glad Madison and the twins are fine, for now it seems at least. I like Madison.

Anyway, the Kevin/Randall dynamic has always created some of the most emotional scenes - when Kevin ran to be with Randall and help him with his anxiety was one of my favorite scenes, of course their huge blowup was heartbreaking and then this one when they are now truly reconciling was so heartwarming. And gotta laugh at Mmbop!

Judy

I just watched last night’s episode. So awesome! That show always grabs at my heart.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
FYI, I read that last season they were planning to do a Miguel backstory episode but they weren't able to fit it in with all the pand*mic stuff starting up and their season being a shorter one anyway. Hopefully we get it sometime this season! :)

taf2002

FYI, I read that last season they were planning to do a Miguel backstory episode but they weren't able to fit it in with all the pand*mic stuff starting up and their season being a shorter one anyway. Hopefully we get it sometime this season! :)
To me Miguel is a peripheral character who doesn't really advance any stories I'm interested in. In the early days he was Jack's friend with a failing marriage. Convenient for him he was single when Jack died so he could later get Rebecca. The latest episode showed that now she really loves him which I was unsure of. But my favorite episodes are those featuring the Big 3 (& now the new big 3) & Jack & Rebecca. I'm not sure what his backstory could bring to the table. OTOH I loved learning about Nick's backstory so maybe Miguel's could be interesting (but I doubt it).

BaileyCatts

We need the story of how Miguel and Rebecca got together over any other part of his life. I know they connected on, was it that Facebook post in 2008 and he was living in Texas I think? How they got together and started dating, when they got married (or did they tell us that and I don't remember?), stuff like that more than his earlier life.

Judy

I can hardly wait to see that. I knew at some point it would happen.

Judy

To me Miguel is a peripheral character who doesn't really advance any stories I'm interested in. In the early days he was Jack's friend with a failing marriage. Convenient for him he was single when Jack died so he could later get Rebecca. The latest episode showed that now she really loves him which I was unsure of. But my favorite episodes are those featuring the Big 3 (& now the new big 3) & Jack & Rebecca. I'm not sure what his backstory could bring to the table. OTOH I loved learning about Nick's backstory so maybe Miguel's could be interesting (but I doubt it).
He’s not. It’ll be a big story.

Judy

Has nobody watched this week’s episode? I am mildly confused by the ending.

taf2002

Has nobody watched this week’s episode? I am mildly confused by the ending.
I totally missed that the doctor student was Deja. I also missed that she is pregnant. I get confused almost every time they introduce a new character or storyline.

Judy

I totally missed that the doctor student was Deja. I also missed that she is pregnant. I get confused almost every time they introduce a new character or storyline.
It is not the same actress right? Or is it?

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
It is not the same actress right? Or is it?

Not the same actress but dang, she was SO similar that I did a double take too! :eek:

I loved last night's episode and all the parenting stuff we got to see from the different time periods. Jack and Rebecca's conversation in the car was my favorite but Randall talking to baby Annie was adorable too. I love this show! :)

Judy

Not the same actress but dang, she was SO similar that I did a double take too! :eek:

I loved last night's episode and all the parenting stuff we got to see from the different time periods. Jack and Rebecca's conversation in the car was my favorite but Randall talking to baby Annie was adorable too. I love this show! :)
I do too. It t can have sad moments but beautiful too.

manhn

There is a wide gulf between Beth's dance studio struggling due to YKW and the studio being seemingly a big deal in the flashforwards. I wonder whether Randall starts taking more of a backseat and Beth being the breadwinner for the family. It can compare to how Jack was never particularly supportive of Rebecca going back to singing.

PeterG

There is a wide gulf between Beth's dance studio struggling due to YKW and the studio being seemingly a big deal in the flashforwards. I wonder whether Randall starts taking more of a backseat and Beth being the breadwinner for the family. It can compare to how Jack was never particularly supportive of Rebecca going back to singing.

Jack drove Rebecca across the country to audition for record companies. And I remember him handling a guy in her band who was mis-treating her.

As for Jack being unsupportive of Rebecca....I can't remember. What things did Jack do to keep Rebecca from becoming successful as a singer?

manhn

Jack and Rebecca trekking the country for her big break was at the start of their courtship. Rebecca going back to singing was when the kids were now teens.

Jack was not happy about Rebecca going back on tour. It caused him to go back to drinking. In the season 1 finale, Jack drove to one of the bars they were performing (driving drunk). The singer made advances towards Rebecca, but she handled it. She was going to leave with Jack but when he found out what that singer did, he started assaulting him. Then they had the huge fight at the house. Rebecca said that she wanted one thing for herself. She feels like a ghost in her own life. Jack told Rebecca that she’s ridiculous for pursuing music. He’s hurt that he and the kids aren’t enough for her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information