"The Walking Dead": Any fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japanfan

After that meeting, Carol was writing notes in a book which I didn't understand. A person's name or something else followed by a "7". Then at the bottom she had written the number 18 and circled it. Are these the people who have died that she knew? The number of people she's killed? :confused:

Yes, it was a kill number list.
The scene that showed Rick, Daryl and Micchone walking down the hallway was brilliantly done. They all looked so badass! :respec:

vireo

At Neegan's compound, after I think it was Daryl who killed one of the people there, they showed polaroid photos on a wall of about twelve people that looked like they had their faces imploded...or shot...or decapitated? Was that like a trophy wall of the people that guy had killed?

I've read that in the comic Negan punished followers who displeased him by burning their faces with an iron. Apparently, a regular household iron that you iron clothes with, which he attached to a pole, heated the metal plate in a fire, then applied to the offender's face. The polaroids might be photos of the people he punished in this way.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Uh, no, I'm pretty sure the people in those photos had met Lucille. Who is not an iron.

But I didn't look that closely.

Japanfan

I really hope we don't have to listen to Morgan give any more sermons to captives, like he did to the Wolf guy. I say enough already to the 'kill or not to kill'.

I'm so much more interested in the backstories and character dimensions of Glenn and Daryl. But we get very little of them in comparison to Morgan, who had that whole episode with Eastman to himself, and considerably more attention in other episodes than Glen, Daryl and others.

Daryl in particular fascinates the audience. Don't the producers of the show realize this?

PrincessLeppard

I think they do, which is why they gave him and Beth the "Still" (I think is the title) episode. The problem is Norman Reedus is only as strong as the actor he's playing off of, which is why he is great with Rick, Carol, Dr. Denise, and others, but since Beth couldn't act, he was terrible. I love Daryl to distraction and I have never rewatched that episode. It was just awful. The only worse episodes were the Govenor stand alones and the Grady Hospital stand alones. (Gah, that story went NOWHERE. It could have been so interesting had any other character but Beth been there...)

So if they are going to give him another stand alone episode, it has to be with a strong actor.

PrincessLeppard

At first I liked feisty Grandma and was wondering if she could be redeemed and join our gang, but that cough is going to attract walkers like a plague.

Plus, I'm 99% sure Carol was faking that panic attack and is going to kill everyone. Or was having a panic attack because she knows she's going to have to kill everyone.

PeterG

I thought that the majority of what Carol did was an act. As she was playing the meek girl-woman, I was thinking, "would I be able to fake out everybody as well as Carol if I were in such a high-pressure situation"? I only thought Carol stopped acting towards the end of the episode when the killing of her captors started. Up until then, I thought everything she did was one big major psych-out.

Marco

I only thought Carol stopped acting towards the end of the episode when the killing of her captors started.

That's where she was losing it. I almost don't care whether what she did earlier was an act or not.

Anyway, Melissa did an excellent job and I hope she gets some sort of recognition for her work on the show.

Last edited:

Marco

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/walking-de...-minds-break-hearts-says-actor-lennie-1549346

Morgan, on the season finale: Jaws are gonna drop and people are gonna lose their shit, if you don't mind me saying. It's gonna blow some people's minds and break some people's hearts.

Carol, on the season finale: I couldn't say anything after I had finished reading it. I felt like I had dropped into a blackhole.

3 more episodes left for the season...

Japanfan

Carol is definitely going through a crisis of conscience in this episode, likely because Polly reminded her so much of herself, minus her humanity. Though, she was definitely play-acting the meek religious women while tied up in the cell.

PrincessLeppard

If Carol has left, ASZ is so screwed.

Thanks, Morgan. I blame this partly on you. And then I blame that red headed bint from the last episode.

Poor Denise. You got a monologue, so you had to die.

And Eugene. Damn, boy. :respec:

susan6

Thanks, Morgan. I blame this partly on you. And then I blame that red headed bint from the last episode.

Yeah. Morgan should go after her; her crisis of conscience is on his head. Dammit, Carol...you have an awesome skill set and every reason to use it. Don't bail. (Kind of glad she broke up with that guy....I'm still shipping Carol and Daryl.)

Marco

Poor Denise. So much for stepping out of your comfort zone. Guess there is no one to blame but herself since she was the one yelling. It was Eugene [ETA: I meant Abraham] that got the arrow treatment in the comic by the way.

Maybe Eugene [ETA: I meant Abraham] will get the Lucille treatment in the finale... They are setting him up for a dramatic death with this bromance with Eugene and real romance with Sasha.

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

Poor Denise. So much for stepping out of your comfort zone. Guess there is no one to blame but herself since she was the one yelling. It was Eugene that got the arrow treatment in the comic by the way.

You mean Abraham?

I do understand why Carol broke. Unless you are a complete psycho, killing people will take a toll and when she had to burn those people to death last week, that was probably the last straw. And since the psychiatrist just died, well, that's not going to help, either, is it? I think she'll go wander around, get some perspective and come back as the Carol we all know and love.

Well, she better. Dammit.

PeterG

I thought this episode was even better than last week's. The writing and directing both were some of the best this show has ever done. Strange, considering how the first episode of the mid-season return was so bad it made me consider not watching the show anymore.

I liked seeing Daryl's hair clean. So often it is greasy and slimy that I want the gay guys in town to hold him down and shave it all of. It can get so disgusting sometimes...often times!! :lol:

I also liked how they are showing moments of people's private lives/romantic lives. Surely in this crazy world people are going to be seeking for affection from one another more than before all this crap happened. Getting to see this, even when it's messy, adds so much to the show.

I enjoyed how thoughtful this show was, having numerous people express where they're at in all this craziness, how they're feeling about things and ways they are coping (or not) in this crazy life they've found themselves in. I liked how they showed time passing, so we have an idea how much time has passed since the last attack...and up until the next one occurs...because there's always another attack coming...! Looks like Carol wants a time out from all of this. Can't blame her. I'm almost wondering if at some point she will find a way to join in with Neegan's group and be the enemy within. Nobody from that group knows who she is, right? She killed the only members of Neegan's group who knew who she was last episode...

ASZ = Alexandria Safe Zone

Japanfan

I liked seeing Daryl's hair clean. So often it is greasy and slimy that I want the gay guys in town to hold him down and shave it all of. It can get so disgusting sometimes...often times!! :lol:

This monumental moment happened when?

rfisher said:
She'll wonder around like she did when Rick kicked her out and then come back and save their sorry butts.

From the previews, it looks like some of the group go after her. I assume she gets a 'we need/rely on you, so you don't get to choose' sort of speech from Rick.

Last edited:

Marco

I'm almost wondering if at some point she will find a way to join in with Neegan's group and be the enemy within. Nobody from that group knows who she is, right? She killed the only members of Neegan's group who knew who she was last episode..

That would be an awesome story!

PrincessLeppard

Not go out on a run in the first place, and then, if one does, and don't stop and pontificate on bravery for what seemed like forever, thus allowing a crossbow bolt to go through your eye?

;)

viennese

wrecked
I get you. True. The Walking Dead is a show with a crazy high body count.

The Dead Lesbian thing - it's a tired old storyline. The gays do not get happy endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information