The Skating Lesson

barbarafan

I do the combo of Tanith and Ben the best. There's something about Ben that feels so genuine. I never feel that he's trying to push some agenda or bias, probably because he can actually talk about the technical elements, and what it takes for the skaters to achieve them. Plus he and Tanith work so well together, it's like hearing two old friends who really love the sport sharing their thoughts.

I want Ted Barton and Tracy Wilson

canadianskater

I may be the only one who feels this way but I would like Victor Kraatz to start commenting again. I truly enjoyed him and Jennifer Robinson's commentating during the 2010 Olympics. He was insightful especially during the compulsary dance.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
It was sad to hear the behind the scenes stuff about Patrick.

Loves_Shizuka

What was said about Patrick?

This is more or less what TSL said re Patrick:

-Only did doubles (intentionally) on practice. Looked winded throughout.
-Strange interaction between him and Zoueva.
-Not doing the 4sal anymore.
-Should he even bother going to NHK? ... as he said he doesn't find doing GP's as "interesting anymore".
-Not doing full run-throughs back home.
-Canadian TV said he's just trying to create a "beautiful moment" in the LP (Dave reads that as "he's given up on winning")
-Seems "lost".

Last edited:

chachacha

TSL has gotten so mean and shady without Jenny to be the good cop.
I was just going to say the same thing. TSL has completely gone in a whole different direction now that Jenny is no longer part of TSL. David Lease is not even an expert nor has been an elite skating athlete outside of adult skating recreationally for him to speak in such a demeaning manner about some of the athletes. He and that Jonathan have taken TSL down the tubes and it is now equivalent to those trashy magazines with no integrity to what they say on their videos. But, hey to each their own and I'm sure Jenny saw the direction that David Lease was going and she has to much class to be part of the trash that TSL now puts out!

angi

I honestly can't with them anymore, their comments are obnoxious and disrespectful and they are so pleased with themselves that I honestly wanted to slap them both at one point
But it's my fault, I wanted to hear someone's opinions on the pairs event and I opened their latest video (closed it after a few minutes). I should have known better.

VGThuy

Thanks for the mention, but believe me, nobody wants to hear me talk about skating on video, :lol:. I'm pretty boring and far from knowledgeable.

Willin

I've always considered starting a recap show, but I'm too busy and self-conscious to do it hahaha
I think a lot of the people on this forum could have a good skating recap show. Personally, I'd love a Team Trainwreck comedy podcast

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I listened to part of ladies during my lunch break today. (Why? I don’t know. I need to go to the library and get some new books to read.) I was a little :eek: with the insinuating Dave was making regarding Pogorilaya.

They really should consider renaming “The Skating Lesson” something more accurate, like Bitchy Shade.

Last edited:

angi

I listened to part of ladies on lunch today. (Why? I don’t know. I need to go to the library and get some new books to read.) I was a little :eek: with the insinuating Dave was making regarding Pogorilaya.
Is he still claiming she is doing what's she is doing for the drama?
I honestly feel like with Pogorilaya we are close to having another Lipnitskaya/Gold situation and his comments (some I saw on twitter are irresponsible.

chachacha

I think someone(s), ie. @clairecloutier or @VIETgrlTerifa or @IceAlisa. Others too should create a Youtube channel and have recaps and skating news streams. I would be willing to help. I think many of us would be able to give our critiques(opinions) in a tactful, respectable format without bashing skaters.
I think TSL has no respect nor do they do the recaps or critiques in any form of respectful way. It has become so trashy that it is clear they have no respect for the athletes nor take any accountability for the trash they are putting out there. It certainly is not going to help the sport of figure skating in any way. It's okay to give opinions, critiques, etc. that goes with the territory of the sport, however it should be done in a constructive and respectful way and not in the manner that David Lease and Jonathan have been conducting themselves. It's really disheartening that their is no accountability as to what comes out of there mouths.

chachacha

I listened to part of ladies on lunch today. (Why? I don’t know. I need to go to the library and get some new books to read.) I was a little :eek: with the insinuating Dave was making regarding Pogorilaya.

They really should consider renaming “The Skating Lesson” something more accurate, like Bitchy Shade.
:rofl:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
It's really disheartening that their is no accountability as to what comes out of there mouths.

The accountability is that Jenny probably picked up on it for a second time and left (with all of the recording equipment, which is hilarious to me) and now we don’t see Dave at early-season events or summer practices because I’m quite sure the credentials are gone. And sponsors, too.

Dobre

-Only did doubles (intentionally) on practice. Looked winded throughout.

I only saw one of Patrick's practices. He did triples and the quad triple. Not particularly consistent throughout, but he wasn't any more consistent during practices at Skate Canada a couple years ago prior to winning. (He also landed the quad triple during the warm-up at SC prior to his FS performance). I did read on FSU that he was doing doubles during practice the night he traveled and arrived late. Don't know if that was the practice TSL watched or not.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I listened to part of ladies during my lunch break today. (Why? I don’t know. I need to go to the library and get some new books to read.) I was a little :eek: with the insinuating Dave was making regarding Pogorilaya.

What was he insinuating? Don't make me watch! :lynch:

sap5

The accountability is that Jenny probably picked up on it for a second time and left (with all of the recording equipment, which is hilarious to me) and now we don’t see Dave at early-season events or summer practices because I’m quite sure the credentials are gone. And sponsors, too.

But has their viewership gone down? My impression is no. Just like how most of the people on here complaining about it continue to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information