The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Green

Are they in Montreal now training? I got the impression from some instagram posts they were in Europe but he could just be sharing old photos/memories.
They are in Europe right now, but they did visit Montreal earlier this year.

Dobre

Some of the teams scheduled for Lombardia:

Guignard & Fabbri
Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen
Hurtado & Khaliavin
Carreira & Ponomarenko
Lopareva & Brissaud
Turkkila & Versluis
Demougeot & Le Mercier
Min & Eaton
Taschlerova & Taschler
Yanovskaya & Lukacs
Janse van Rensburg & Steffan
Orihara & Pirinen (head-to-head for Finland)
Cesanek & Yehorov
Fabbri & Ayer

Andrea82

Maybe just for practice? Maybe they are going to conpete at both junior and senior levels. On another note they look pretty ragged, both. Thought I would see some spark or something. But maybe it's due to it being the RD. Hoping FD is better.

but Drozd has aged out junior eligibility. He is 25 year old.
As the RD requirements are different between Junior and Senior, in their cases it isn't just doing their Senior RD as guests in a junior competition but it means doing a different pattern sequence. It is a bit bizarre.

Bigbird

but Drozd has aged out junior eligibility. He is 25 year old.
As the RD requirements are different between Junior and Senior, in their cases it isn't just doing their Senior RD as guests in a junior competition but it means doing a different pattern sequence. It is a bit bizarre.
That is ridiculous. Huh.....

Ka3sha

When it comes to Russian domestic events, it’s not ‘Junior’ or ‘Senior’ events but ‘Candidate of Master of Sports’ (more or less the same as Juniors) and then ‘Master of Sports’ (that also include International Class, Honored Master of Sports, and etc).
So technically Abachkina/Drozd can compete at Junior (‘Candidate of Master of Sports) events since Angelique doesn’t have ‘Master of Sports’ rank within Russia.

Bigbird

Has anyone ever used "I Want You" from Marvin Gaye? Would it count as hip hop or blues for the RD this year? The remix is rich with tempo.

firstflight

Well, and F/G must have been inspired by Michelle Kwan’s legendary Lion King LP… :Doops, but the random poster had convinced the board that she had seen Kwan’s Olympic year LP, and then she claimed she was talking about “Mallory King.”

Last edited:

Nmsis

Loïcia Demougeot and Théo Le Mercier presented their RD during the gala of Courchevel JGP 1.

Aaaaaand now I need a big glass of cold water +fanning self+ :summer:

Dobre

There was an adorable Lion King program at Nationals with the little kids one of the years when all the seniors were doing soft & flowy. Mom & I joked that the munchkins really needed to be allowed to come in and wake up the crowd during the senior event.

Anyway, I think it could be a fun number. (I'm not sure what it has to do with the RD rhythms. Is this swing?) It has been a long time since Coomes & Buckland did The Lion King. I think that is the last one I remember from a senior dance team.

RoseRed

There was an adorable Lion King program at Nationals with the little kids one of the years when all the seniors were doing soft & flowy. Mom & I joked that the munchkins really needed to be allowed to come in and wake up the crowd during the senior event.

Anyway, I think it could be a fun number. (I'm not sure what it has to do with the RD rhythms. Is this swing?) It has been a long time since Coomes & Buckland did The Lion King. I think that is the last one I remember from a senior dance team.
The Lion King is their FD, no? Or did you mean the Kiss song for the RD?

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
I suspect the British team will tumble down the standings this season,as they no longer can rely on their patented vulgar brand of flimsy disco trifles to seduce the judges.

-BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information