The Dance Hall 8: Join the Maskerade 2020-2021

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
RD starting order is up!

S/B got the best possible draw they could get; H/D got probably the worst; S/K and C/B - not bad; G/P eh; H/K are first in the penultimate group, the luck of the Poles continues; poor Tiff & Jon drew the last spot in group 4 (worst possible draw in the top half); Harris/Chan got a good draw (15th - 3rd in group 4).

Cherub721

YEAH!
RD starting order is up!

S/B got the best possible draw they could get; H/D got probably the worst; S/K and C/B - not bad; G/P eh; H/K are first in the penultimate group, the luck of the Poles continues; poor Tiff & Jon drew the last spot in group 4 (worst possible draw in the top half); Harris/Chan got a good draw (15th - 3rd in group 4).

Aw, here I was thinking it was good for Z&G cause they drew last!

Debbie S

RD starting order is up!

I would think that would be the best spot. Judges not saving marks. As a C/B fan, it gives me anxiety, but I'm just going to hope for the best.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I would think that would be the best spot. Judges not saving marks. As a C/B fan, it gives me anxiety, but I'm just going to hope for the best.
But H/D are mistake prone, especially when the pressure is on, so I don't think that skating last is ideal for them tomorrow.

yurokis40

Gilles and Poirier always get the worst draws when they skate against the top teams, I don`t think its a coincidence if you are not favored politically you get a bad draw.

yurokis40

It’s a random draw. There’s no possible way they could rig it unless they can psychically control Piper or Paul’s hand.
I just hope they get scored fairly it seems they never get any breaks from the judges I think they are just as good as the american couples the last major international 4cc proved it and event they should have won when chock splatted on the ice. C&B and H&D have shown they can buckle when the pressure is on most notably at the last olympics and worlds 2017 and 4cc.

dancing_on_ice

As a Chock/Bates fan, I am grateful they aren't last. The last time C/B were last in the rhythm dance was 2021 US Nats and 2020 US Nats. In both events, they made obvious errors. So, hopefully, there will be a clean skate tomorrow.

Bigbird

Gilles and Poirier always get the worst draws when they skate against the top teams, I don`t think its a coincidence if you are not favored politically you get a bad draw.
But I really love how authentic, fresh and wonderful their RD has become. I saw their latest version of it a few days ago and just based on composition alone it's my favourite RD this year! I don't want to claim any favourites but I do hope the judges score for the performances tomorrow and not reputation.

yurokis40

But I really love how authentic, fresh and wonderful their RD has become. I saw their latest version of it a few days ago and just based on composition alone it's my favourite RD this year! I don't want to claim any favourites but I do hope the judges score for the performances tomorrow and not reputation.
The judging seems to favor the russians alot at this event, I guess Zhulin and the Gadbois camp already have the judges in their pocket.

sap5

But H/D are mistake prone, especially when the pressure is on, so I don't think that skating last is ideal for them tomorrow.
We'll see, but I have a feeling that they might be better able to handle mental pressure this season.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I’m just taking a peeka-poka in this thread as I don’t come in here that often but I don’t understand the score for sinkat. Over two points ahead in the first place? I thought that should be like in third, maybe fourth.

What was so much better about their technical elements than the two Americans or even the Canadians? I prefer those three teams over them. Trying to understand the scoring.

Where are all the coaches these days like Marie France and Carol Lane? Where is everybody?

And finally I checked a couple other threads first but what happened to papaciz????? What have I missed this season?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
OK I just found in their thread that Gabriella did not go because she will not be able to re-enter Canada being locked down? But what all about all the other non-Canadians that are in that camp that went to Stockholm? They’re not going back to Canada after this? Trying to catch up on what’s been happening…

Peepsquick

OK I just found in their thread that Gabriella did not go because she will not be able to re-enter Canada being locked down? But what all about all the other non-Canadians that are in that camp that went to Stockholm? They’re not going back to Canada after this? Trying to catch up on what’s been happening…
It 's just one side of their decision to forgo Worlds. Some of the teams are taking a chance to be locked out and not be able to train for the new season for some time.

sap5

Gabriella explains why she and Guillaume chose not to go to Worlds this year (scroll to the middle where Gabi comes on): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYoll2dD9XI

Katha

Congrats to the medalists, well deserved for all, I thought!

The pressure for SinKats to deliver here must have been huge and they've come a long way in the last few years. They would have absolutely imploded with so much expectations riding on them a few seasons ago. The RD fits them like a glove and they've made the FD work for them, that is not easy music.

H/D had a very nice FD and also kept it together, though perhaps they might work on getting more dynamic in their programs? In the FD in particular it looked like they were standing still for the last minute or so.

G/P created a moment with the FD and I was happy for them and vaguely impressed by the judges for actually judging for what was skated on the day LOL.

Super sad for Chock/Bates, though. Such an interesting FD and they lost all momentum with it because last year's Worlds were cancelled. Sadly, this wasn't their best performance of it.

StepBukin's Cry Me A River has grown on me. Though it would be even better with some techno Carmina Burana mixed in. ;)

Bigbird

I was going to ask how the Poles placed so high in the SD and then I looked up the technical panel. 🙄
Piper and Paul, happy for them, bronze medalists.
Maddi and Evan a bit sad, twizzles undid them I think? Why was their score so low?
Maddi and Zach, despite errors snatched silver.
Vika and Nikita, won gold. A safe old school programme and the judges went with it.
Big shout out to Lawrence Fournier Beaudry - my favourite ice dancer of this competition next to Paul Poirier if only she had a partner who matched her in terms of ability.
The judges kept it close.
Not bad in terms of a competition!
Congrats to the medalists.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I found it a bit weird that Stepanova & Bukin were so obviously held up through mistakes in the RD only to get the hammer dropped on them in the free dance, which they skated fine.
They skated ahead of S/K in the RD so I just wrote it off as the backup option. Once S/K skated and did so well it didn't really matter where to slot them so let them keep their slot, they placed 5th is both sections.

VGThuy

They skated ahead of S/K in the RD so I just wrote it off as the backup option. Once S/K skated and did so well it didn't really matter where to slot them so let them keep their slot, they placed 5th is both sections.
It’s crazy how much sense this makes. I swear ice dance is so trying. An old skating fan (he no longer watches or is interested since IJS happened) told me he wanted ice dance gone because now only was it so corrupt but it corrupts the other disciplines so badly with all the deal making and such.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It’s crazy how much sense this makes. I swear ice dance is so trying. An old skating fan (he no longer watches or is interested since IJS happened) told me he wanted ice dance gone because now only was it so corrupt but it corrupts the other disciplines so badly with all the deal making and such.
I mean I still think the podium was correct with a coin toss between silver and bronze and those directly below but when you look down the list at spots 9-14 there is some crazy judging going on as they all jockey for position trying to push certain teams into the top ten. But I suspect if we looked at the other disciplines we might see something similar in that area as everyone wants those Olympics spots.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Tiff's dad said the same. He never wanted her to be an ice dancer because of the politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information