Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Maxim Spodyrev got injured and is in a cast right now

Also, a short video from Zhulin’s camp in Minsk,BLR

Dobre

Maxim Spodyrev got injured and is in a cast right now

And, on top of the cast, 4 broken ribs, an injured lung, and pneumonia.:(

Beginnings of the season just are not for them. It's good they have later GPs.

Last edited:

Dobre

Re: T/K and L/S at CannonTexas Open,I heard they did pretty well

I think they probably both did well for a junior debut. Pretty certain that Tkachenko & Kiliakov will be added to the ISP. They medaled behind Nguyen & Kolesnik and Wolfkostin & Zhao and also scored higher than the marks that I assume put Ales & Tsarik onto the ISP after Nationals. Also three points higher than the Browns' scores from Chesapeake. So, yeah, that's a good start in the U.S. junior field.

Now, why Rachmaninov 2 for Nguyen & Kolesnik?

(I do believe she can skate to anything and that powerful classical music is probably a good stretch for them at this point; but of this particular piece of powerful classical music, I have had enough).

Katesk8sgr8s

Replying to myself lol in case anyone is interested: my friend told me the junior entries for Texas Cannon Open. Still don’t know senior.

Wish I could watch! Some new teams competing.

Club competition dance result links are posted in the U.S. Dance news thread in GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...9-20-season-news-updates.105725/#post-5607014

Senior RD:
1. Bailey Melton & Ryan O’Donnell 43.87

Junior RD:

1. Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik 60.88
2. Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen 60.73
3. Ella Ales & Daniel Tsarik 54.27
4. Elizabeth Tkachenko & Alexei Kiliakov 53.41
5. Angela Ling & Caleb Wein 50.47
6. Anya Lavrova & Maxwell Gart 47.88
7. Jordan Lin & Morgan Sletten 42.73
8. Samantha Ritter & Jim Wang 38.94
9. Alexandra Loughlin & Daniil Petrenko 33.14

Junior FD

1​
Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik
91.75​
2​
Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen
89.44​
3​
Elizabeth Tkachenko & Alexei Kiliakov
84.67​
4​
Anya Lavrova & Maxwell Gart
79.06​
5​
Angela Ling & Caleb Wein
69.75​
6​
Ella Ales & Daniel Tsarik
67.77​
7​
Jordan Lin & Morgan Sletten
65.37​
8​
Hilary Asher & Kyle Pearson
63.02​
9​
Alexandra Loughlin & Daniil Petrenko
37.74​
Junior Total
PL​
TEAM​
TSS​
RD​
FD​
1​
Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik
152.63​
1​
1​
2​
Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen
150.17​
2​
2​
3​
Elizabeth Tkachenko & Alexei Kiliakov
138.08​
4​
3​
4​
Anya Lavrova & Maxwell Gart
126.94​
6​
4​
5​
Ella Ales & Daniel Tsarik
122.04​
3​
6​
6​
Angela Ling & Caleb Wein
120.22​
5​
5​
7​
Jordan Lin & Morgan Sletten
108.10​
7​
7​
8​
Alexandra Loughlin & Daniil Petrenko
70.88​
9​
9​
9​
Hilary Asher & Kyle Pearson
63.02​
–​
8​
WD​
Samantha Ritter & Jim Wang
38.94​
8​
-​
WD​
Katarina DelCamp & Ian Somerville

Last edited:

Colonel Green

When do the JGP entries come out? I'm dying to see Nguyen/Kolesnik at Lake Placid and wondering if any of the Russian teams I like will show up.
The initial rosters come out a month beforehand; we should get Courchevel by this time next week.

The Russians will obviously fill their quota for Lake Placid, but I wouldn’t count on any of the bigger names. RusFed won’t waste them on an event they won’t win.

Ka3sha

I think Davis/Smolkin will most likely be at Lake Placid since they moved to Shpilband this off-season.

Speaking of Russian Ice Dance, Elizaveta Khudaberdieva (2nd at JWC with Nikita Nazarov) teamed up with Andrei Filatov

Colonel Green

I think Davis/Smolkin will most likely be at Lake Placid since they moved to Shpilband this off-season.
I was thinking that too at first, but they’re one of only a handful of medalist teams left from last season, only a few of which in turn are Russian — seems to me like they’d want to go for gold, not silver.

Dobre

Golubtsova & Belobrov are scheduled for Riga & Zagreb.

Other Ukrainian assignments are listed here but I'm not familiar with the names so wary of Google translate and not sure which teams are pairs vs. dance:
https://ufsf.com.ua/novyny/22-novyn...st-v-shesti-etapakh-yuniorskogo-gran-pri.html

Russia sent Shpilevaya & Smirnov up against Lajoie & Lagha last year and Skoptcova & Aleshin up against Carreira & Ponomarenko the year before as well. I don't think they will mind sending up a high-ranked team against Nguyen & Kolesnik. But I don't think they will do it in North America. Davis & Smolkin were only 9th at Russian Junior Nationals last year. Bunch of teams have gotten out, but still, D&S could easily be assigned to Lake Placid. Maybe 4 junior teams remain above them from Nationals?

Last edited:

Lara111

The initial rosters come out a month beforehand; we should get Courchevel by this time next week.

The Russians will obviously fill their quota for Lake Placid, but I wouldn’t count on any of the bigger names. RusFed won’t waste them on an event they won’t win.
Russians would not win because it is in US or N/K are unbeatable?

Colonel Green

Russia sent Shpilevaya & Smirnov up against Lajoie & Lagha last year and Skoptcova & Aleshin up against Carreira & Ponomarenko the year before as well.
I wasn’t suggesting they avoid direct confrontations, but they do tend to avoid doing so on the other party’s home turf, e.g., JGP Richmond last year in dance.

Russians would not win because it is in US or N/K are unbeatable?
Combination of them being a top team and at a home event.

Dobre

Just realized that Popova & Byelikov are not on the Ukrainian list above. Unless Google Translate is very off. (Possibly moving up to seniors for the whole season? They've done both juniors & seniors the last two years). That takes another JGP medal-winning team out of the junior field for the JGP season.

Lara111

I wasn’t suggesting they avoid direct confrontations, but they do tend to avoid doing so on the other party’s home turf, e.g., JGP Richmond last year in dance.

Combination of them being a top team and at a home event.
Shanayeva/Narizhny may potentially compete with N/K besides Ushakova/Nekrasov

Dobre

Shanayeva/Narizhny may potentially compete with N/K besides Ushakova/Nekrasov

Don't think Russia will send Shanaeva & Narizhnyy to Lake Placid either. They are the likely team to take the bullet elsewhere but, unlike the top #2 teams Russia sent out against North America's #1 the past couple seasons, not much experience. No Junior Worlds or JGPF qualifications yet. Russia might opt to watch their six there because they probably want S&N in the Final. Providing S&N look like #2 heading out of Russian test skates, it would be possible for them to get at least 1 event without Ushakova & Nekrasov, Nguyen & Kolesnik, and Kazakova & Reviya.

Courchevel is up first. Last couple years the first event has been the one free for the taking without the big names. I'd assume Demougeot & Le Mercier will be there. (Starting to think there's a good chance Wolfkostin & Chen might go too).

All kinds of room on the JGP this season. We should get some surprises.

Lara111

Don't think Russia will send Shanaeva & Narizhnyy to Lake Placid either. They are the likely team to take the bullet elsewhere but, unlike the top #2 teams Russia sent out against North America's #1 the past couple seasons, not much experience. No Junior Worlds or JGPF qualifications yet. Russia might opt to watch their six there because they probably want S&N in the Final. Providing S&N look like #2 heading out of Russian test skates, it would be possible for them to get at least 1 event without Ushakova & Nekrasov, Nguyen & Kolesnik, and Kazakova & Reviya.

Courchevel is up first. Last couple years the first event has been the one free for the taking without the big names. I'd assume Demougeot & Le Mercier will be there. (Starting to think there's a good chance Wolfkostin & Chen might go too).

All kinds of room on the JGP this season. We should get some surprises.
Igor can (if he decides so) make Davis/Smolkin very capable of beating N/K and W/C very quickly. I am not sure if he will be willing to do so though.

Sylvia

TBD
When do the JGP entries come out?
Initial entries and subs published on the ISU website will be posted in the JGP news thread in GSD (currently open for discussion until the start of the competition season):

ETA a friendly note to @Katesk8sgr8s... since you copied-and-pasted the scores in your post above, you probably should have mentioned that the club competition dance result links are posted in the U.S. Dance news thread in GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...9-20-season-news-updates.105725/#post-5607014
(I did this for those without access to U.S. Club competitions thread in the Kiss & Cry section where results/scores and some reports/music notes are posted.)
Ice-Dance.com is providing a very helpful service by compiling these scores from result sheet photos posted at the competition rinks and they deserve credit. :) P.S. I am not an Admin. here, just posting as a fellow fan.

Last edited:

Dobre

It will be a new challenge for Nguyen & Kolesnik this season. As there were really no expectations for them heading into last year. And now the pressure will be there. (Which is part of the process). I don't have huge expectations, as I think that transition in learning how to lead can be really tough and is a very important step. I'm looking forward to watching them tackle it.

I will also try to think very positive thoughts before all their twizzles.

Last edited:

VGThuy

Chock/Bates realized the difficulty of skating to Rach 2 as an ice dance program, so I wonder how wise it is for such a young team to tackle this one. I sort of think they need a few more years, but what do we know until we see it by the end of this season?

I still think they're missing an opportunity and should be embracing their youth a bit to give ice dance some refreshing energy. I like it when younger skaters don't try to skate to programs that are made only to make people think they're more mature than their years. If they are, no matter what they skate to, it'll come out anyway so no need to force it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information