The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

Also, when was the last time we saw Igor at Canadian Nationals?

It's very reminiscent of the year Morozov went to everything with Pang & Tong. (As he had no one he was actually coaching at Worlds, but he had done P&T's choreography).

Are we all ready for the :drama: of Igor at the boards when Weaver & Poje's scores come up against Chock & Bates at 4CCs?

Also, Emily Samuelson is supposedly joining the ice desk for U.S. Nationals:). And Elena was doing commentary on Sinitsina & Katsalapov earlier this season.

Who was it earlier saying that the Spanish teams couldn't get away from each other?

You can never count on getting away from anyone in ice dance. Just don't burn your bridges in this discipline. The world is much too small.

RoseRed

It's very reminiscent of the year Morozov went to everything with Pang & Tong. (As he had no one he was actually coaching at Worlds, but he had done P&T's choreography).

Are we all ready for the :drama: of Igor at the boards when Weaver & Poje's scores come up against Chock & Bates at 4CCs?

Also, Emily Samuelson is supposedly joining the ice desk for U.S. Nationals:). And Elena was doing commentary on Sinitsina & Katsalapov earlier this season.

Who was it earlier saying that the Spanish teams couldn't get away from each other?

You can never count on getting away from anyone in ice dance. Just don't burn your bridges in this discipline. The world is much too small.
They've said they added him to their team as a part-time coach and were spending some time in Detroit working with him, although Nikolai is still their main coach. And he did their RD.

D

Deleted member 74551

Liked Weapo’s RD back at ACI, like it even more now. Don’t know when they found time to drill the Tango Romantica while on a cross country tour but they do it well. The helicopter turn took them not far from the boards! Think the Danadians should be closer to G/P than they are too.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Liked Weapo’s RD back at ACI, like it even more now. Don’t know when they found time to drill the Tango Romantica while on a cross country tour but they do it well. The helicopter turn took them not far from the boards! Think the Danadians should be closer to G/P than they are too.

They said recently they practiced it regularly with Tessa and Scott on the tour and got some input as well. In a group interview while on tour Tessa mentioned how they enjoyed skating the TR with W/P on tour so they got a lot of practice in.

I loved the RD at ACI but it is even better now that I really think performing it so often etc.. really added more depth to their interpretation. On the flip side I was disappointed a bit with the FD so very interested to see if they were able to bring something more to that program. I know it was special to them when they picked the music and even more so after the tragic loss of Denis but I wasn't feeling it at ACI.

lauravvv

Lara111 - I don't think so. Not that I think they absolutely shouldn't, but they simply won't be allowed to. It will be a wonder if they manage to pass Hubbell/Donohue with it. If they (W/P) skate like this at 4CC, then we will see if it's doable. With how things have been going, we can't count out Sinitsina/Katsalapov either. Or even Chock/Bates. All of those teams, with the exception of H/D, who are simply high quality skaters, have really good RDs.

Last edited:
C

casken

but they simply won't be allowed to

Because, while W&P's RD is has developed into something really strong since the fall, P&C are still a level *technically* above any other team.

Even if the design/construction/feeling of W&Ps RD matches or surpasses P&C, the basic skating level should keep P&C ahead.

lauravvv

casken - I actually agree. What I wrote was imprecise. I think W/P could challenge P/C in the RD only if they had higher levels and if P/C would make a bigger mistake or at least would have several smaller glitches.

sharsk8s

I wi
i do not think the basic skating level of P/C and W/P are very different.
I don't know if their level is different, but their styles are. P/C have very soft knees and smooth edges which makes things usually look technically better. I personally believe skating skill wise P/C are somewhat stronger, but they are also more consistent which factors in.

chantilly

In terms of pure glide I’d say P and C are superior to W and P. As far as the actual technical marks in terms of correct edges etc, I think they could be a draw. But it’s the GOE where P and C get them.
This new GOE system couldn’t favour them more.

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
I must admit that I was very impressed by the technical performance of W&P in the RD at Canadian Nationals. They have improved a great deal. Kaityn has a very nice snap to her movements at time . This is the best their skating has looked.

I just wish I were as sold on their choreography. I don't know if it's due to the lounge-y piano orchestration, but I found it to be a touch too vanilla for a tango.

sharsk8s

In terms of pure glide I’d say P and C are superior to W and P. As far as the actual technical marks in terms of correct edges etc, I think they could be a draw. But it’s the GOE where P and C get them.

Perfectly said. I think that if P/C could figure out the timing of the first half of the tango romantica we might finally see a 4/4. The fact that they are not that far from maxing out their FD is proof that the new system favors their style of skating.

VGThuy

With what we saw at Canadian Nationals and what I expect to see at U.S. Nationals and Euros...Worlds may be a blood bath despite the fact that the final results may end up being a bit predictable. No team other than P/C can really afford even minor errors to be in contention. It's stacked.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
WeaPo aren’t nearly as soft in the knees, and particularly ankles, as PapCiz. ITA about GOE being the big separator though. Kaitlyn’s free leg and free foot placement and awareness has always seriously bothered me. She has certinaly improved in this area over the years, but it threw me off several times during their RD at Nats.

sharsk8s

Im not sure if this makes any sense but I feel like the ice dance field always feels more stacked without v/m. Like I remember how tight and crazy the 2015 and 2016 worlds were. When tessa and scott came back it felt like it was v/m vs p/c and every other team had no shot. Now since there is no main rivalry for #1 I feel like I am starting to notice other teams again.

Dobre

How about we worry about Worlds after Europeans and 4CCs?

(I know. I know. That wouldn't be like us. But seriously, we have U.S. Nationals and Europeans coming up! There is a lot to talk about. So much fabulous ice dance!)

VGThuy

How about we worry about Worlds after Europeans and 4CCs?

(I know. I know. That wouldn't be like us. But seriously, we have U.S. Nationals and Europeans coming up! There is a lot to talk about. So much fabulous ice dance!)

What's the harm in talking about Worlds? We can talk about it and U.S. Nats and Euros and 4CC.

Dobre

What's the harm in talking about Worlds?

Oh, there's no harm in it, obviously:). It's what we do. Every week we predict who will win it all. Then skaters compete. And then we predict all over again. But it's all a journey. I personally think 4CCs is very unpredictable this season, and therefore, very interesting. Walk out of that event with the title, you could make a very strong argument for yourself to win at least Worlds silver. Walk out of 4CCs with silver, and then we all wonder. What could Weaver & Poje possibly do at Worlds? Ask me after 4CCs.

VGThuy

Oh, there's no harm in it, obviously:). It's what we do. Every week we predict who will win it all. Then skaters compete. And then we predict all over again. But it's all a journey. I personally think 4CCs is very unpredictable this season, and therefore, very interesting. Walk out of that event with the title, you could make a very strong argument for yourself to win at least Worlds silver. Walk out of 4CCs with silver, and then we all wonder. What could Weaver & Poje possibly do at Worlds? Ask me after 4CCs.

Even after 4CC/Euros I still think it'll be unpredictable. :lol: A lot of teams can score well or take advantage of a "surprise" opening. It's super exciting.

sharsk8s

Well on that note what do we think about Europeans? I think practices start on Monday. I find it really funny that you can tell when P/C are getting ready for competitions based on their instagram. They usually post regularly and are active on their stories, but right before a competition they don't really post except something occasional on their stories.

VGThuy

I think it'll be Papadakis/Cizeron and Sinitsina/Katsalapov 1 and 2 barring some disaster from either of them (I think P/C can afford a disaster if they skate one outstanding program unless S/K's politicking has them close enough behind). I think the bronze will be between Stepanova/Bukin and Guignard/Fabbri. The fifth FD slot will be between the two Spanish teams (my money going to Hurtado/Khaliavin over Smart/Diaz but that's personal opinion), Fear/Gibson, and Kaliszek/Spodyriev (for political reasons). Maybe Lauriault/Le Gac can place 5th. I may be underrating L/LG because I think parts of that Bruno Mars FD are utterly ridiculous looking.

Last edited:

sharsk8s

Do we know the judges for Euros yet? It could give us a decent idea of who the politics will favor.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
I think it'll be Papadakis/Cizeron and Sinitsina/Katsalapov 1 and 2 barring some disaster from either of them (I think P/C can afford a disaster if they skate one outstanding program unless S/K's politicking has them close enough behind). I think the bronze will be between Stepanova/Bukin and Guignard/Fabbri. The fifth FD slot will be between the two Spanish teams (my money going to Hurtado/Khaliavin over Smart/Diaz but that's personal opinion), Fear/Gibson, and Kaliszek/Spodyriev (for political reasons). Maybe Lauriault/Le Gac can place 5th. I may be underrating L/LG because I think parts of that Bruno Mars FD is utterly ridiculous looking.

You’re missing Hubbell and Donohue in your prediction. Unless you foresee them below the 9 teams you did mention?

Edit: Disregard @VIETgrlTerifa cleared things up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information