The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie S

I believe Vadim can't even apply for a green card until he is 18, so his citizenship will take a while. It also sounds like Christina won't have hers by 2022, either. I'm sure Igor will pick up a few int'l teams over the quad, plus he has Min/Eaton (as long as Daniel can get Korean citizenship by then). But he clearly would rather promote N/K and C/P right now. It does seem that he view N/K as his team of the future...although if this interview was done at the GPF, it makes sense he'd talk all about them, since they competed there.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
That was fascinating. Other than that Russian tendency to credit Asian skaters with genetic advantage, which is sort of racist, everything he says is a professional opinion worth reading.

Interesting that Elena and Nikita clearly haven’t buried the hatchet.

VGThuy

I was actually agreeing with what he was saying all-around, even understanding the Rika being colorless is coming from even if I disagree with that. However, he said the Japanese have soft knees by nature. Um...did he do a anatomical study on that to verify that statement?

Enchanted

I’m afraid the way some of these coaches run their mouths makes them and their skaters look bad. IMO, it’s always a bad idea to speak negatively of other skaters or their coaches. That kind of a politicking just doesn’t work. The trash talk will only cast a shadow over their own teams. It makes them look weak because their coach needs to talk them up.

The fact these comments appear like a cuckoo clock every season is rather tiresome. :barrel

RoseRed

That was fascinating. Other than that Russian tendency to credit Asian skaters with genetic advantage, which is sort of racist, everything he says is a professional opinion worth reading.

Interesting that Elena and Nikita clearly haven’t buried the hatchet.
Elena has said in an interview that she's cheering for Nikita and Vika this season. And Nikita helped with one of her clinics with Yulia. I wouldn't assume there's still bad blood. Maybe just that training together would be distracting. Also I seem to remember Zhulin saying something similar before, that B/S and S/K didn't train together.

mjb52

His comments about the music for S & K are interesting - I know some people think the two pieces don't go together; for me, I think they are an interesting contrast and the problem I see is that the transition between the two is very awkward. It's probably a bit late now but I wish the edit could be smoothed out a bit. I also agree a lot with the comments above - I generally like the bluntness of Russian coaches and enjoy some of their more out there statements but lately some of their comments have been going a bit far for me. I wish they would be more careful about how they talk about other countries skaters in particular. I did mostly like this though other than that.

Last edited:

Shayii

Vaitsekhovskaya’s interview with Zhulin (translated by FS-gossips)
https://fs-gossips.com/alexander-zh...o-be-as-close-as-possible-to-the-french-pair/
Katsalapov’s former partner Elena Ilinykh trains at your skating rink in a pair with your dancer Dmitri Soloviev. Doesn’t this bring discomfort to your work with the main pair?

– Lena with Dima and Nikita with Vika skate on different ice. This was done on purpose, moreover, it was previously discussed with Dima.
Wait, what?! When did this happen?

Bigbird

I think it was said they are training for shows, not comps. Although I suppose that is subject to change at any time....

I think they may be using this medium to get a feel for each other as they seem quite serious about forming a pair. Otherwise Zhulin wouldn't have even made mention of them.

EDIT: But as they say only time will tell.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Let's break this down, what's he really saying? Was it necessary to give this interview now? Is he really hating on my baby Rika? I mean, I know it's politics, but there are limits right, wow. :COP::watch:
I thought he really admired Rika's beauty and skating skills on the ice. He also pointed out that Alina's skating skills were not the greatest.

Bigbird

I thought he really admired Rika's beauty and skating skills on the ice. He also pointed out that Alina's skating skills were not the greatest.

Thanks for that. I just needed to know if he was human.

EDIT: Imagine Russia having not three but four quality senior teams in S/B, S/K, Z/G and I/S? Not to mention their promising juniors coming up. Let me not get ahead of myself but a girl can dream, right?

Last edited:

mjb52

Thanks for that. I just needed to know if he was human.

EDIT: Imagine Russia having not three but four quality senior teams in S/B, S/K, Z/G and I/S? Not to mention their promising juniors coming up. Let me not get ahead of myself but a girl can dream, right?

I was just thinking about this on the way to work! On the one hand, I'm excited by the potential return of Illinykh, who I love, but on the other hand, it's almost a bit stressful because there are already so many teams that I love and I hate thinking about some of them falling by the wayside as happens in the super crowded ladies field!

Last edited:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
I was just thinking about this on the way to work! On the one hand, I'm excited by the potential return of Illinykh, who I love, but on the other hand, it's almost a bit stressful because there are already so many teams that I love and I hate thinking about some of them falling by the wayside as happens in the super crowded ladies field!

Dima will be 30 before next season, that is a bit late to be starting again with a new partner!
That's the age in dance when most teams retire.

kittysk8ts

His comments about the music for S & K are interesting - I know some people think the two pieces don't go together; for me, I think they are an interesting contrast and the problem I see is that the transition between the two is very awkward. It's probably a bit late now but I wish the edit could be smoothed out a bit. I also agree a lot with the comments above - I generally like the bluntness of Russian coaches and enjoy some of their more out there statements but lately some of their comments have been going a bit far for me. I wish they would be more careful about how they talk about other countries skaters in particular. I did mostly like this though other than that.
I have to take great care in recognizing that some comments may not translate well, when reading these interviews. Lol. In general, I find Zhulin's comments fair.

Bigbird

Dima will be 30 before next season, that is a bit late to be starting again with a new partner!
That's the age in dance when most teams retire.

If she were a junior or relative unknown and she didn't have that first season with Zhiganshin (who was adequate but not an ideal match), I'd say nonsense. If this wasn't the age that ice dancers really come into their prime I'd also be more than a little sceptical. Given also that they have three seasons to make their mark and the road blocks he's endured in this last quad with injury and the meldonium scandal, I'd say do your thing the ice is slippery have no regrets, never let it be said that you never gave it your best shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information