Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

manhn

That is a lot of traveling. Abbotsford, Penticton and then back to Vancouver in 3 consecutive days. That sounds exhausting. I will attend!

Goody2shoes

While Tessa is doing her promos for Nivea, I'm actually stoked at hearing news of Scott being involved in the Junior Development Camp in Calgary this month. Also, that little blurb of them both with National Ballet of Canada. It's almost like full circle for Tessa since she took the decision to skate instead of pursuing ballet. (Thank goodness for twitter, instagram & various sane VM related blogs. Love it!) Extremely pleased to see they're doing what they're passionate with since PYC. They'll (most probably) rock their upcoming tour as well ;)

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

barbarafan

IMO it was predetermined that V/M win the OG in 2010 and D/W win in 2014. Marina wanted OG for her two favourite 'children'.
I agree that it was predestined by Marina. I don't think she had feelings. It was all about her. If V/M had won 2 golds in a row some might say it had nothing to do with the coach...that they would have won no matter. But if 2 diff. teams win in a row coached by the same coach - the coach is held up as magical. She had already chosen Meryl by 2014 as her daughter-in -law so an Olympic gold was important for their future as well.

forthewin

I agree that it was predestined by Marina. I don't think she had feelings. It was all about her. If V/M had won 2 golds in a row some might say it had nothing to do with the coach...that they would have won no matter. But if 2 diff. teams win in a row coached by the same coach - the coach is held up as magical. She had already chosen Meryl by 2014 as her daughter-in -law so an Olympic gold was important for their future as well.
Marina probably dreamed about dominating ice dance for a long time, but just after 2014 D/L became the top dog. Karma is real!

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins

I generally agree, but... to be a bit fair to Marina, she may have had to hedge her bets against Tessa's injuries, and how that impacted their training/momentum/etc.

D&W had no major injuries that we knew about in their careers. Everything probably lined up in her eyes-- including Meryl and Fedor-- so that it wasn't even a question after awhile.

Golden1

You all know what a big Tessa and Scott fan I am but them doing the Michael Jackson ex in Korea makes me really mad. After the documentary, all the discussion surrounding it and radio stations no longer playing his music, I cannot understand how they could choose to do this program again. Ugh.

Japanfan

You all know what a big Tessa and Scott fan I am but them doing the Michael Jackson ex in Korea makes me really mad. After the documentary, all the discussion surrounding it and radio stations no longer playing his music, I cannot understand how they could choose to do this program again. Ugh.

Why? What's the issue?

Golden1

Why? What's the issue?
I guess I am very particular with things like that. I personally have boycotted everything 'Michael Jackson' (or e.g. Woody Allen) for years and years but accepted that the majority thinks differently. However, after the recent documentary about MJ's victims and as a consequence radio stations in Canada no longer playing bis music, I would have never expected Tessa and Scott still skating to his music. To be honest I expected them to be more considerate and thoughtful.

angi

I guess I am very particular with things like that. I personally have boycotted everything 'Michael Jackson' (or e.g. Woody Allen) for years and years but accepted that the majority thinks differently. However, after the recent documentary about MJ's victims and as a consequence radio stations in Canada no longer playing bis music, I would have never expected Tessa and Scott still skating to his music. To be honest I expected them to be more considerate and thoughtful.
While I would also love for them to not use it, keep in mind that not everyone is as familiar with recent events as you might think, a lot of people have no idea.
Don't write off people for not meeting your standard or expectations, for the most part, Tessa and Scott proved to be very well-informed, but even well-informed people can't stay on top of everything. For me, they more than deserve the benefit of the doubt on this one.

barbarafan

To be honest he was never convicted of anything..I did not see this documentary about MJ and knew nothing about radio stations banning him. In fact I didn't think anyone listened to radio anymore except obscure satellite stations and discussion shows,traffic and weather when you are driving. To be fair with all the crap going on where a dictator is running the country next door who is a sexual pervert, a racist and a monster, a liar who tempers entire tv networks and is destroying not only his country's enviornment but ours as well I doubt if I would believe anything that is produced in that country without vetting it carefully. I only watch MSNBC and I follow twitter and figure skating. I will try to find this documentary and watch it bearing in mind that MJ is no longer around to defend himself or sue and that the participants might have been paid good money to follow a script of misinterpretations.

puglover

Any grown man who chooses to sleep with children, always male, no relation, and VULNERABLE should raise all adult's alarms. The whole set up at Neverland always sounded so suspicious and to that you add these recent accusations. However, he is dead and all it can do now is be used as a cautionary tale.

As far as his music, I think it is still amazing! He was a genius! If his persona now gives you the creeps and spoils his music for you, change the station. People are complicated and multifaceted and he could have been both a great entertainer and disturbed adult who used his money and power to victimize. I think still enjoying his talent -- and not being able to stomach it because of what he represents to you -- are both understandable reactions.

Japanfan

As far as his music, I think it is still amazing! He was a genius! If his persona now gives you the creeps and spoils his music for you, change the station. People are complicated and multifaceted and he could have been both a great entertainer and disturbed adult who used his money and power to victimize. I think still enjoying his talent -- and not being able to stomach it because of what he represents to you -- are both understandable reactions.

I can't watch/listen to any entertainer/actor/singer who abused/sexually assaulted others. I'm just too turned off.

lauravvv

Thanks a lot, Sylvia. And definitely many thanks to the fan who recorded and posted the video at least in this format (y).

I think thats the most boring programme I've seen from V/M :scream:
I disagree. Some people may have had overly high expectations, hoping for more new moves and lifts (to be honest, I was also hoping for a new lift or two). But it's not a bad program - it does contain some interesting choreo/moves alongside the old lifts, steps and moves. Also, it's a mature program.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Thanks a lot, Sylvia. And definitely many thanks to the fan who recorded and posted the video at least in this format (y).

I disagree. Some people may have had overly high expectations, hoping for more new moves and lifts inspired by ballet (to be honest, I was also hoping for a new lift or two), given that they worked on this program with Cote. But it's not a bad program - it does contain some interesting choreo/moves alongside the old lifts, steps and moves. Also, it's a mature program.
Her dress looks like one of her Carmen dresses (the one that was my favourite).I wonder if it is. I totally enjoyed seeing them again.

lauravvv

This was by Sam.

Ogden and Cote's choreography will be debuted only at RTR (probably to Movement by Hozier)
Oh, okay, thank you for correcting. I guess I read about it, but forgot. Deleted that part of my post not to mislead other people.

Last edited:

Vera Costa

This is really sweet.

Madison Hubbell- Instagram

It was funny to see @tessavirtue17 post about her 5 year old self, dreaming of being a cheerleader.
This was a Christmas present from my parents when I was 5, because I also wanted to be a cheerleader. I wore this outfit until I could no longer fit into it, making up cheers for anyone within earshot.
Decades later, our lives have changed, but our paths continue to be intertwined. I think that the little Tessa who dreamed of encouraging people grew up to do just that. I know that in the two years of training with them, Tessa and Scott felt like our own cheering section when we needed a boost. .
Zach and I miss you guys, and your energy. But we will take your example, and try to be cheerleaders for anyone who may need a pick me up along the way.

Golden1

After reading pc's interview, I really hope no one will ever badmouth Scott and Tessa again for their comments after Sochi. Both of them were always respectful towards DW and their competitors and just talked about being upset about losing in general, their coaching situation and judging. VM always talked about wanting to beat their competitors when they are at their best, compare that to hoping the competitors would mess up. Talk about poor sportsmanship... However, it's funny that the interview is released after MH's cute instagram post :p.

Emdee

After reading pc's interview, I really hope no one will ever badmouth Scott and Tessa again for their comments after Sochi. Both of them were always respectful towards DW and their competitors and just talked about being upset about losing in general, their coaching situation and judging. VM always talked about wanting to beat their competitors when they are at their best, compare that to hoping the competitors would mess up. Talk about poor sportsmanship... However, it's funny that the interview is released after MH's cute instagram post :p.
Where did you read PC’s interview ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information