Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Emdee

Well, if Scott wants to give up skating with her after the two years they agreed to stay together post Korea she could easily have a career as an individual dancer. Gordeeva and Shae have done just that.

She is an amazing dancer! Got to get me some Micellar water...

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I can't explain it, but all I can think is "How Pasha of her." :lol:

She is an amazing dancer! Got to get me some Micellar water...

Nah. Spring for a big bottle of Bioderma, which is often on sale here for as little as $15-- less if you get them packaged together. The Nivea stuff leaves a film/residue and doesn't remove stuff as well as even the basic Garnier micellar water. Marcelle, a Canadian line, also makes a really good one if you can find it on sale.

Basic Nivea moisturizer made in Switzerland vs. Mexico is fab, tho.

Emdee

I can't explain it, but all I can think is "How Pasha of her." :lol:

Nah. Spring for a big bottle of Bioderma, which is often on sale here for as little as $15-- less if you get them packaged together. The Nivea stuff leaves a film/residue and doesn't remove stuff as well as even the basic Garnier micellar water. Marcelle, a Canadian line, also makes a really good one if you can find it on sale.

Basic Nivea moisturizer made in Switzerland vs. Mexico is fab, tho.
I have been buying my Nivea either in Germany or here in Canada. Ours is not made in Mexico but in Germany.
I do not use make up so no need of Micellar ...just joking.

Ladida

Tessa looks stunning in that commercial.
For me it´s just not very believable that someone like her is using such a cheap end mark like Nivea. I mean couldn´t she score a brand like a Shiseido?

Emdee

For me it´s just not very believable that someone like her is using such a cheap end mark like Nivea. I mean couldn´t she score a brand like a Shiseido?
Tessa has been using Nivea since she was a young girl. Japanese fans have been known to throw the blue tins on the ice for her.

Funnily enough I was using extremely high end creams with all kinds of breakouts. Then someone suggested Nivea and honestly it agrees with me. So now its Laura Mercier and Nivea for me.

chantilly

I get it. I doubt Jennifer Anniston uses the skin care line she hawks on tv. It’s hardly a new complaint.
I have heard through the years though that Nivea is a great skin cream.

Emdee

Guillaume Cote choreographing a program for VM was the only other dream I had left after PYC. Bless.

Edit: All my money is on this program being choreographed to Hozier's "Movement." Just calling it now.
She says she is obsessed by it and it could be lovely.

Golden1

So will you come here for their TYCT2?
Hope they don’t just do it for their other shows!
Ha, I wish but I won't be able to fly to Canada in the forseeable future. However, I won't give up hope that they will do shows in Europe again. They just have to!!

Sonata

Tessa is an answer to the NYtimes crossword puzzle!

That peacock ad makes me a little angry - it is the voidy Black Swan-vibe kind of program I wanted from V/M in Sochi. And now they're working with ballet dancer Guillaume Cote. This is the choreography I wanted in 2014!!! I know they had a happy ending in 2018, but it makes me wonder what could have been.

canbelto

Tessa is an answer to the NYtimes crossword puzzle!

That peacock ad makes me a little angry - it is the voidy Black Swan-vibe kind of program I wanted from V/M in Sochi. And now they're working with ballet dancer Guillaume Cote. This is the choreography I wanted in 2014!!! I know they had a happy ending in 2018, but it makes me wonder what could have been.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did. If they had won again in Sochi I think they would have retired. And plus there was so much negativity in the training environment leading up to Sochi that I doubt they would have even valued a gold medal as much.

forthewin

I think it might not matter whatever programs they had in Sochi. The judges had made up their minds by the time of 2014. Of course the four season FD didn't help V/M's case. Even if V/M had won Sochi in a miracle way, they were very possible to retire after that. And I'm sure the judges would never let them win three times in a row even if they came back in 2018. So all in all, I'm at peace with what actually happened. They're legends for all of this journey.

Japanfan

IMO it was predetermined that V/M win the OG in 2010 and D/W win in 2014. Marina wanted OG for her two favourite 'children'.

Sylvia

TBD
I read that it was a promotional thing and only one was made.
Yes. https://lfpress.com/entertainment/l...oll-like-the-skater-one-of-a-kind-inspiration

Tessa's Global News' morning show appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wV4fM6wjx4
Canadian Olympic ice skating champion Tessa Virtue is officially a Barbie doll. In honour of International Women’s Day on March 8, Mattel released a new “Role Model” Barbie dolls collection inspired by accomplished real women, including Virtue.
Tessa stopped by the Morning Show on Friday to chat about her excitement to be a part of the iconic toy dolls, about inspiring younger generations and spills on where she keeps her gold Olympic medals.
ETA:

Also found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BkJPvOQLao
Speaking backstage at the Juno Awards on Sunday night in London, Ont., Canadian ice dancer Tessa Virtue talks about a new Barbie doll that was inspired by her, what it means to her, and what it will mean for young girls. (Mar. 18, 2019.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information